Murray Football League (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League - Part 3

Their names were mentioned the other day just thought l would do my homework.

Thanks for the heads up.

heys boys, just intersested in seeing how barooga are looking for next year, any good signings?

heys boys, just intersested in seeing how barooga are looking for next year, any good signings?
Hey Steamboat. Not much to report on. The only signings to date are Kieran Hill. brother of Tyron, and Ryan Forysth, an abosulte gun from up north. Apart from that, not much else to report on. Bryce Stephens has come across from Yarroweyah for the U17s but we are just puggling away, trying to do the best we can. Sorry but that's the best I can give you! Have a merry Christmas Champ!:thumbsu:

Any story behind that tuckylives? Bird used to play there didn't he?
Yeah, Bird played there a few years ago and is heading back there and taking Luan with him, who is keen to play with former Bendigo Bombers team-mate David Fevaleaki.
Rumor has it that a few other players from the Echuca area are also on the move to Pyramid Hill.

Yeah, Bird played there a few years ago and is heading back there and taking Luan with him, who is keen to play with former Bendigo Bombers team-mate David Fevaleaki.
Rumor has it that a few other players from the Echuca area are also on the move to Pyramid Hill.

would united be disappointed to to lose bird? not a bad player but has alot of on field problems, would they consider that a loss?

would united be disappointed to to lose bird? not a bad player but has alot of on field problems, would they consider that a loss?
I couldn't be sure flyhalf, but he has shown to have a short temper of the last couple of years. Still a good players and from what I've heard, did improve his on-field behavior last season.

I couldn't be sure flyhalf, but he has shown to have a short temper of the last couple of years. Still a good players and from what I've heard, did improve his on-field behavior last season.

He was a valuable player last season. Was starting to be consistent in his performances. He'll be a loss to the team.

sorrry prez,
but i'd be surprised if he kicked more then 50, nothin against the bloke,
i think might struggle to adapt, the murry league is going to be fairly strong next yr, alot of gvfl,pdfl and kdf lare changing leagues,
next year is going to be a good yr for the murry league.

Any story behind that tuckylives? Bird used to play there didn't he?

he has gone to play with his brother steve for what may be his last season . But he did miss out on the two's job and I believe he really wanted it . Pete and luan are thick as theives and will both have a good season in the lvfl .

Fev will ride this footy gravey train til it pulls up , hope those blokes don't get pigeon holed by association .

huge step my arse

A top full forward in the PDFL will kick a lot of goals in the MFL

get out and have a look around homer

Not sure that the higher standard of footy will suit him.
Lets not forget that he has never been considered his sides best player, or possibly top 3, and previous to 2008 season was extremely quiet, would have thought Downie who also came from the PDFL was more likely to excell at a higher standard than Herbie Meyland, who incidently appears a really of a good bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished brekky (holidays are great!!!) and, while sitting down to read the papers, interested to read that Drew Barnes has signed with Yarrawonga. Another door of opportunity opens for the rest of the comp as he has been arguably the best midfielder in the MFL for the last couple of years. If true, good luck at the next tier up.

Not sure that the higher standard of footy will suit him.
Lets not forget that he has never been considered his sides best player, or possibly top 3, and previous to 2008 season was extremely quiet, would have thought Downie who also came from the PDFL was more likely to excell at a higher standard than Herbie Meyland, who incidently appears a really of a good bloke.

you have got to be kidding pace! you obviously have no idea what sort of a plyer herb is, especially before this year. he has won two best and fairest and a runner up in a side which continually makes finals also has won about 4 club goal kicking mantels. kicked his first 100 @ 19, and about 70 plus every year after that and even squeezed a broken leg in between! for a 23 year old centre haf forward i believe this is a huge effort, not to mention he has just hit peak. he will kick @rse in murrey league. and as for not considered top 3 in club.............. well ask waaia how high they rate him! so give the bloke a break. good luck herb:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Good luck to Barnsy, he will go well over there.

Herbie's a gun, shame he went to the Numbats. Hope he dosn't play well against us. Bomber boy through and through, belongs at Waaia for our sake unless he wants to play for the Purps. Shame that will never happen!

Good luck to Barnsy, he will go well over there.

Herbie's a gun, shame he went to the Numbats. Hope he dosn't play well against us. Bomber boy through and through, belongs at Waaia for our sake unless he wants to play for the Purps. Shame that will never happen!

Just up for debate, Would Herbie have made it in to Nathalia's best 21 last year?

you have got to be kidding pace! you obviously have no idea what sort of a plyer herb is, especially before this year. he has won two best and fairest and a runner up in a side which continually makes finals also has won about 4 club goal kicking mantels. kicked his first 100 @ 19, and about 70 plus every year after that and even squeezed a broken leg in between! for a 23 year old centre haf forward i believe this is a huge effort, not to mention he has just hit peak. he will kick @rse in murrey league. and as for not considered top 3 in club.............. well ask waaia how high they rate him! so give the bloke a break. good luck herb:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hey wasn't have a crack at him, but it does take a type of player to exceed in better standards of footy and generally key forwards are either, extremely strong, extremely quick , extremely good overhead/leap or have an extreme engine and in my opinion Herb is good in all areas, without being outstanding in any one, which makes him difficult to man up in the PDFL but not so difficult in the MFL.
Don't forget Waaia have been fairly succesfull and he has cashed in against the lesser sides and has been playing on a home ground smaller than probably most if not all MFL grounds.
I to wish him good luck because as I have already said I have always enjoyed a laugh with him when playing against him.

Just wondering how the recruiting is going up this end of the murray league ? Mc cool any word over at our cross river rivals(moama) ,you will have your work cut out replacing those lost . A familiar feeling to what we expierienced last year . Even our GV counterparts are going though a mass exodus . Is there any willing footballers left in the district ?

Just wondering how the recruiting is going up this end of the murray league ? Mc cool any word over at our cross river rivals(moama) ,you will have your work cut out replacing those lost . A familiar feeling to what we expierienced last year . Even our GV counterparts are going though a mass exodus . Is there any willing footballers left in the district ?

yes there is! they seem to want to travel 40+ km out the west of town (LBU, P Hill), I think its a little sad that Echuca bombers might not field 2 sides this year and it shows how a lot of their players have no loyalty to their club. Moama and united probably would consider lending players if they would ever do the same but that would never happen...

yes there is! they seem to want to travel 40+ km out the west of town (LBU, P Hill), I think its a little sad that Echuca bombers might not field 2 sides this year and it shows how a lot of their players have no loyalty to their club. Moama and united probably would consider lending players if they would ever do the same but that would never happen...

can someone give me clarification on rules for permits etc, not sure they exist any more

can someone give me clarification on rules for permits etc, not sure they exist any more
we found with Alistiar Corry last year he could play 8 games on permit then had to decide to stay or go back to picola. you can only get a permit to go up a level of standard, say mathoura to deni rams or LBU to echuca united i'm not 100% sure on going from murray league to GV, but you definatley can't get one to go down in standard.

we found with Alistiar Corry last year he could play 8 games on permit then had to decide to stay or go back to picola. you can only get a permit to go up a level of standard, say mathoura to deni rams or LBU to echuca united i'm not 100% sure on going from murray league to GV, but you definatley can't get one to go down in standard.

I know its early, but any predictions for the GF/flag, wooden spoon.

My predictions are a Numerkah/Tocumwal GF, Finley again to take out the spoon

Hey Steamboat. Not much to report on. The only signings to date are Kieran Hill. brother of Tyron, and Ryan Forysth, an abosulte gun from up north. Apart from that, not much else to report on. Bryce Stephens has come across from Yarroweyah for the U17s but we are just puggling away, trying to do the best we can. Sorry but that's the best I can give you! Have a merry Christmas Champ!:thumbsu:

Aren't you forgetting that big bald ruckman you signed hawk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back