Murray Football League (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League - Part 3

Chris Egan is an out and out gun. He's slowly gotten better and more confident with his time at Collingwood and "IF" he joined rumba again next season i reckon he'd win the league medal hands down.
Nobody other then Collingwood know's exactly why Chris was delisted, but it wont be as clear cut as what people think.
But just to reinterat, If he happened to join up next year, he would tear this league up!!

Prez, you've got to be joking! Played AFL football have you???? Bit harsh on the young bloke and the comment about making up numbers!!! He would run rings around most of the blokes running around in the MFL purely and simply having gone through a couple of pre-seasons in the system. Either you think that coming from an AFL list won't hold you in good stead to play in a pretty good comp or you are suggesting the calibre of player in the MFL must be right up there if a bloke coming off an AFL list would be making up numbers?????? I just hope that if he does come back to Rumba, he's got his head on straight and proves to everyone that Collingwood made the wrong decision!

I agree with you hawk.

I have seen Egan play in the Central Goulburn League, mainly as a junior apart from a senior Grand Final appearance, and at that time the 3 top juniors were - Matt Sharp, Darren Turner and Chris Egan , and I would have rated them in that order.

But Egan was the one that got a chance at the elite level and good luck to him.

If he was to return to Rumba, you would expect him to be a very good Murray League footballer.

Chris Egan is an out and out gun. He's slowly gotten better and more confident with his time at Collingwood and "IF" he joined rumba again next season i reckon he'd win the league medal hands down.
Nobody other then Collingwood know's exactly why Chris was delisted, but it wont be as clear cut as what people think.
But just to reinterat, If he happened to join up next year, he would tear this league up!!

ask leon davis why he got delisted...

ask leon davis why he got delisted...

Yeah i know, and we've all heard the rumors which just furthers my point in that ONLY COLLINGWOOD KNOWS EXACTLY WHY HE WAS DELISTED, and unless your involved in their list management somehow it's not worth airing out his dirty laundry based on speculation and here say.

Yeah i know, and we've all heard the rumors which just furthers my point in that ONLY COLLINGWOOD KNOWS EXACTLY WHY HE WAS DELISTED, and unless your involved in their list management somehow it's not worth airing out his dirty laundry based on speculation and here say.

Feathers fly as Pies argue in the street

Liam Houlihan
May 25, 2008 12:00am
COLLINGWOOD players Chris Egan and Leon Davis have become the focus of a club probe over a spat on a suburban Melbourne street.
The pair, previously suspended for breaking a curfew together in Adelaide, have come under the microscope following the "ugly" incident in Melbourne's north a fortnight ago.
Egan's relatives said the club had told them the clash occurred after Egan was surprised to find his girlfriend with Davis at Bundoora beauty salon Angel Face.
"Chris was just surprised he was there," the relative said.
"The original story was Chris hit his girlfriend in the shop and chased Leon down the road -- but he'd never hit his girlfriend," he said.
The relative said Davis's explanation had been that his wife was a couple of doors up in another shop.
"He was walking past and went in to say hello. That's the story I heard from Collingwood," the relative said.
A Collingwood source said Egan and his girlfriend and Davis and his wife had bumped into each other in the shopping strip and a verbal slanging match had followed.
The club's internal probe into the clash - in which Davis and Egan were interviewed -- had cleared the duo of any bad behaviour.
"We've looked into it and it turned out to be a ridiculous non-event," Collingwood Football Club spokesman Nick Hulett said.
Police were not called, but businesses on the Plenty Rd shopping strip were aware of the incident when visited by the Sunday Herald Sun.
Witnesses said pushing and shoving had occurred between the two former friends.
The pair were suspended from playing for a week when they broke a hotel curfew ordered by coach Mick Malthouse in Adelaide last season.

not one of the better kept secrets in football i would have thought... read between the lines as to what this was about

Feathers fly as Pies argue in the street

Liam Houlihan
May 25, 2008 12:00am
COLLINGWOOD players Chris Egan and Leon Davis have become the focus of a club probe over a spat on a suburban Melbourne street.
The pair, previously suspended for breaking a curfew together in Adelaide, have come under the microscope following the "ugly" incident in Melbourne's north a fortnight ago.
Egan's relatives said the club had told them the clash occurred after Egan was surprised to find his girlfriend with Davis at Bundoora beauty salon Angel Face.
"Chris was just surprised he was there," the relative said.
"The original story was Chris hit his girlfriend in the shop and chased Leon down the road -- but he'd never hit his girlfriend," he said.
The relative said Davis's explanation had been that his wife was a couple of doors up in another shop.
"He was walking past and went in to say hello. That's the story I heard from Collingwood," the relative said.
A Collingwood source said Egan and his girlfriend and Davis and his wife had bumped into each other in the shopping strip and a verbal slanging match had followed.
The club's internal probe into the clash - in which Davis and Egan were interviewed -- had cleared the duo of any bad behaviour.
"We've looked into it and it turned out to be a ridiculous non-event," Collingwood Football Club spokesman Nick Hulett said.
Police were not called, but businesses on the Plenty Rd shopping strip were aware of the incident when visited by the Sunday Herald Sun.
Witnesses said pushing and shoving had occurred between the two former friends.
The pair were suspended from playing for a week when they broke a hotel curfew ordered by coach Mick Malthouse in Adelaide last season.

not one of the better kept secrets in football i would have thought... read between the lines as to what this was about
Sorry............. I thought we were talking about his footballing ability!!! Sh*t, bit rough if he's been delisted over a spat about a chick! As I mentioned previously, if he were to come back to Rumba, I just hope he has his head screwed on and sets about making a point by dominating the competition. If it was me in that position, being delisted over an off-field incident that obviously didn't go anywhere, I would be livid and looking to show everyone that the football club made a huge mistake! By the way, did anything come of the fracas during the year at a certain town that has dominated the comp for the last four years??????

Sorry............. I thought we were talking about his footballing ability!!! Sh*t, bit rough if he's been delisted over a spat about a chick! As I mentioned previously, if he were to come back to Rumba, I just hope he has his head screwed on and sets about making a point by dominating the competition. If it was me in that position, being delisted over an off-field incident that obviously didn't go anywhere, I would be livid and looking to show everyone that the football club made a huge mistake! By the way, did anything come of the fracas during the year at a certain town that has dominated the comp for the last four years??????

Heard over the weekend that there was another swans signing for Toc in Micheal Hare.

Can anyone confirm this?

The recruiting seems to be pretty quiet up there in Barooga big hawk, has the check book finaly dried up or are you spending all the money on some heart transplants for all the shepp blokes you recruited.

The recruiting seems to be pretty quiet up there in Barooga big hawk, has the check book finaly dried up or are you spending all the money on some heart transplants for all the shepp blokes you recruited.

Gee buddy thats a bit rich saying comments like that when your hiding behind a computer screen! Every club recruits players, where ever they can... and it so happens that Shepp has been a happy hunting ground for the hawks... So your saying that Matt Byers needs a heart transplant??? Where's your Morrison medal or even O'Dwyer medal?? :cool:

Love how you are so quick to jump on the back of our lack of recruiting Flags. I thought everyone is into this process at present. Don't know where you're living but here on Earth, times at present, financially speaking, are very tight. NOt privy to what's happening on the recruiting front but I think you'll find that everyone is a bit quiet at the moment! As for the heart transplants, that's a bit rich coming from someone hiding behind a keyboard. Send me a private message to disclose the person who obviously is as tough as old boot nails! :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love how you are so quick to jump on the back of our lack of recruiting Flags. I thought everyone is into this process at present. Don't know where you're living but here on Earth, times at present, financially speaking, are very tight. NOt privy to what's happening on the recruiting front but I think you'll find that everyone is a bit quiet at the moment! As for the heart transplants, that's a bit rich coming from someone hiding behind a keyboard. Send me a private message to disclose the person who obviously is as tough as old boot nails! :thumbsdown:

Dont take to heart BH, while they picking on you guys, they leaving everyone else alone :thumbsu:.

oh, i doubt you will get that PM.

Things are looking good for Numurkah next season:

Meyland makes move to challenge himself

December 17 2008
Shepparton News

Waaia spearhead Greg Meyland has signed on the dotted line and will play for Numurkah next season.
Meyland was a century goal-kicker this year and instrumental in Waaia's run to a preliminary final of Picola District Football League.
Numurkah coach Chris O'Dwyer said Meyland would fill the key-forward position that Numurkah lacked this season in Murray Football League campaign.
"Greg has committed to us next season which is a huge thing for the club," O'Dwyer said.
"He has a big kick and has a strong presence on field and is just a natural footballer.
"He kicked more than 100 goals at Picola District Football League level, so he will certainly be a big asset for our forward line.
"Greg was an opposition player for me this year in the Picola league, so I have seen what he is capable of and what he has to offer the club."
O'Dwyer said Meyland wanted to test himself at Murray league level, but it was a hard decision to depart his beloved Waaia after wearing Bombers colours for so long.
"Greg is a staunch Waaia guy, so it was a really courageous decision for him to come here and have a go at the Murray Football League," O'Dwyer said.
"We are rapt he has decided to join Numurkah - the forward position was something we were lacking - so it's great we have been able to fill it with a local guy who already knows 85 to 90 per cent of the players."
Numurkah has been on the pre-season track three days a week for the past seven weeks with Mark Thomson from the Australian Institute of Sport.
Waaia coach Jon Varcoe said he hoped to see Meyland wearing the black and red again in his football future, wishing him all the best for his future with Numurkah in the Murray Football League.
"Obviously we're disappointed that he's gone, but he wanted to test himself at that level" Varcoe said yesterday.
"We hope to not lose any other players, we're out there recruiting."

Things are looking good for Numurkah next season:

Meyland makes move to challenge himself

December 17 2008
Shepparton News

Waaia spearhead Greg Meyland has signed on the dotted line and will play for Numurkah next season.
Meyland was a century goal-kicker this year and instrumental in Waaia's run to a preliminary final of Picola District Football League.
Numurkah coach Chris O'Dwyer said Meyland would fill the key-forward position that Numurkah lacked this season in Murray Football League campaign.
"Greg has committed to us next season which is a huge thing for the club," O'Dwyer said.
"He has a big kick and has a strong presence on field and is just a natural footballer.
"He kicked more than 100 goals at Picola District Football League level, so he will certainly be a big asset for our forward line.
"Greg was an opposition player for me this year in the Picola league, so I have seen what he is capable of and what he has to offer the club."
O'Dwyer said Meyland wanted to test himself at Murray league level, but it was a hard decision to depart his beloved Waaia after wearing Bombers colours for so long.
"Greg is a staunch Waaia guy, so it was a really courageous decision for him to come here and have a go at the Murray Football League," O'Dwyer said.
"We are rapt he has decided to join Numurkah - the forward position was something we were lacking - so it's great we have been able to fill it with a local guy who already knows 85 to 90 per cent of the players."
Numurkah has been on the pre-season track three days a week for the past seven weeks with Mark Thomson from the Australian Institute of Sport.
Waaia coach Jon Varcoe said he hoped to see Meyland wearing the black and red again in his football future, wishing him all the best for his future with Numurkah in the Murray Football League.
"Obviously we're disappointed that he's gone, but he wanted to test himself at that level" Varcoe said yesterday.
"We hope to not lose any other players, we're out there recruiting."

Seen him play a bit, goes alright in PFL, BUT, huge step up for him now though, goodluck to him.

GoodGolly24, I was wondering if you could give me a run down on the Bowerman boys.

What are they like on and off paddock.

Cheers

hey big show,
i can help out their, Both are great kids and well known around the club, scotty has just recently come back to footy after work comitments, and the younger on is not a bad footy player, played a hand full of senior games.
hope that helps you out

GoodGolly24, I was wondering if you could give me a run down on the Bowerman boys.

What are they like on and off paddock.

Cheers

Their terrible mate. . . . . .Wouldn't make the chop out there at Undera. . . .SO KEEP YOUR BLOODY HANDS OFF THEM!!!
Nah look Scottys' a handy two's player just returning to the game and still working off the cobb webs, but is great just to have around the club i feel and Dannys' played a handful of senior games and i reckon he'll with his height and development might secure a senior spot this year if he does a pre season. Have they shown interest in coming out your way??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back