Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons Season 37 Team Thread | Ice To See You

Remove this Banner Ad

R8 team sheet.JPG

Despite three losses by over 10 goals and the worst percentage in the SFA, we find ourselves back in the Top 8 after a strong win against the Hawks. We are one of only five teams that haven't had a bye yet so we need to win as many games as possible before our Round 13 bye to give ourselves a good chance of plaing finals.

We went into the match unchanged after shuffling 5 players in Rounds 6 and 7. Once selection was finalised we all kept our eyes on the weather forecast for the weekend, hoping for anything other than cloudy weather. The warm conditions we played in were a welcome change and gave us hope going into the game.

Posting numbers were down again, just 6 higher than our season low of 360 back in Round 1. We also dropped back to 17 active posters after surging to 22 in Round 7.
Four posters were over 50 with Wosh, moginie and Gralin leading the way as usual. Like last week, the next highest posters were all below 20 with manangatang, Scythe94, DERO, cooney and Yakker all in the teens and Headless rouding out the top 10 with 9 posts.

manangatang led the DT scoring for the second week in a row, cracking the ton for the first time this season, feeding the ball well to Gralin, moginie and Scythe94 in the midfield.
cartwright was good on her back flank and Van_Dyke and DERO provided plenty of run out of the back pockets.
Yakker and Truetiger got plenty of it on the forward flanks, serving the ball on a platter to full forward.

We had ten goal scorers for the second week in a row. I ended up with 8 and Yakker kicked 3 from his flank. Scythe94 finished with two goals while cooney, Gralin, Truetiger, Bluelegs, Proper Gander, manangatang and Van_Dyke all finished with one.

Random Stats:
1. DERO did it again...scoring more when starting in the back pocket than he did starting in the midfield.
2. Headless has scored 149 (83%) of his 180 DT points in two rounds.
3. Demons have won all three games played in warm conditions this season

This week we play Ophidian Old Boys at home. Let's give them a warm welcome
...with warm weather!

Round 8 links:
Team Selection
Pre-match
After-Match Summary

View attachment 1939136

Despite three losses by over 10 goals and the worst percentage in the SFA, we find ourselves back in the Top 8 after a strong win against the Hawks. We are one of only five teams that haven't had a bye yet so we need to win as many games as possible before our Round 13 bye to give ourselves a good chance of plaing finals.

We went into the match unchanged after shuffling 5 players in Rounds 6 and 7. Once selection was finalised we all kept our eyes on the weather forecast for the weekend, hoping for anything other than cloudy weather. The warm conditions we played in were a welcome change and gave us hope going into the game.

Posting numbers were down again, just 6 higher than our season low of 360 back in Round 1. We also dropped back to 17 active posters after surging to 22 in Round 7.
Four posters were over 50 with Wosh, moginie and Gralin leading the way as usual. Like last week, the next highest posters were all below 20 with manangatang, Scythe94, DERO, cooney and Yakker all in the teens and Headless rouding out the top 10 with 9 posts.

manangatang led the DT scoring for the second week in a row, cracking the ton for the first time this season, feeding the ball well to Gralin, moginie and Scythe94 in the midfield.
cartwright was good on her back flank and Van_Dyke and DERO provided plenty of run out of the back pockets.
Yakker and Truetiger got plenty of it on the forward flanks, serving the ball on a platter to full forward.

We had ten goal scorers for the second week in a row. I ended up with 8 and Yakker kicked 3 from his flank. Scythe94 finished with two goals while cooney, Gralin, Truetiger, Bluelegs, Proper Gander, manangatang and Van_Dyke all finished with one.

Random Stats:
1. DERO did it again...scoring more when starting in the back pocket than he did starting in the midfield.
2. Headless has scored 149 (83%) of his 180 DT points in two rounds.
3. Demons have won all three games played in warm conditions this season

This week we play Ophidian Old Boys at home. Let's give them a warm welcome
...with warm weather!

Round 8 links:
Team Selection
Pre-match
After-Match Summary
I believe you led the way in both posts and goals this week Sausage

I believe you led the way in both posts and goals this week Sausage
The table on the RHS of the stats shows top 10 for posts, DT and goals.

It's the first time I've led the posting this season.

I'll post the total stats for the first two months of the season over the next few days.

Last edited:
The table on the RHS of the stats shows top 10 for posts, DT and goals.

It's the first time I've let the posting this season.

I'll post the total stats for the first two months of the season over the next few days.
yeah that's what I mean, you left yourself out of the top posters in your write up, when you led the way on and off the field this week

also mid season stats

Season 5 Fox GIF by New Girl

yeah that's what I mean, you left yourself out of the top posters in your write up, when you led the way on and off the field this week
I feel a bit weird mentioning myself, to be honest. I've probably skipped mentioning myself in posting stats for half of the games.
I have all the stats available for myself all the time. This is for the rest of the team.

I feel a bit weird mentioning myself, to be honest. I've probably skipped mentioning myself in posting stats for half of the games.
I have all the stats available for myself all the time. This is for the rest of the team.
that's fine I'll just point out how good you're doing for you while you be all humble :D

I thought we were similar, but apparently not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe. Let's test it... how much longer do you think you'll celebrate Tarkyn_24 leaving the Demons and going to the Hawks?
That's quite an interesting question.

One would probably have to establish what 'time' is, and whether it has an ending.

My understanding is that time as we generally all know it as is the continued, ongoing sequence of existing. Yet, 'time' will continue once my being and conscience ends. Thus probably why the term "until the day I die" is used.

So to answer the specific question of "how much longer do you think you'll celebrate T24 leaving the Demons" the most conventional or socially accepted answer would most likely be associated with my 'ending' when I personally cease to exist as a living entity.

However, there are probably two or three more questions that then arise.

1 - Can a spirit live on, and if so, can the spirit continue to have feelings?
I personally do not believe in spirits and ghosts in the conventional sense. Interestingly though, stories of most ghosts regard a connection to particular events or places ie following foes to 'haunt' or loved ones to 'watch over' which would seem to suggest that if ghosts/spirits did exist, that they are capable of continuing an attachment of feelings. In that case, maybe I could continue to celebrate T24 leaving the Demons if an ongoing spirit or ghost of cats2rise existed?

2 - Is there something else after death?
Whether this be the conventional heaven / hell or some other entity, the general concept is that one can be reunited with loved ones or re-live particular ages if they go to a positively balanced afterlife.

Separately, and not wanting to get too deep on this, there is also the theological belief in reincarnation. In both instances, one could argue that I could continue in a) my happy after-life place (or imagine my 'not-so-happy' place where for eternity I just have to watch T24 sign contract after contract to stay at Mount Buller) or b) as a reincarnated animal or object I could in theory continue to have feelings on the matter. Imagine a really moody Dolphin stalking the coast waiting for T24 to step into the water so I can unleash a fury of flippers.

Whilst I am not a person of faith or believe in life after death, the question indicates that you, Mr Sausage, have probably asked an ill-thought out question. For shame.

3 - Is time an actual concept, or moreso an illusion?
Time in a physical sense exists - We continue to be in the present which means that we also continue to add to the past and move towards the future (however the future is always the same measurement / distance away and is always evolving/shifting).

But some argue that time is not fundamentally real - a little like money. Money only has the value we give it, and as soon as we give it no value or change its value it ceases to exist. What is $50? It is a yellow/orange piece of not-quite-paper and not-quite-plastic that we tend to be attached to and keep in our pockets to trade for goods and services like many peanuts, but it isnt actually "real" - it is a concept tied to an object. One day, if the majority decided that that piece of not-quite-paper-and-not-quite-plastic has no value and we actually shift said value to feathers, we would all start to carry feathers around. My point is, money (like time) can be considered just a concept to assist us during our lifetime.

Back to the point, whilst the "flow" of time exists a little like a river and we physically experience it via growth and age (plus provides order and quantifiable periods to our lives), it is also a relative construct of our mentality. In short, change can be considered real, but time may not be - it it just a reflection of change.

I don't really want to get petty, but we also need to discuss the term "celebrate" in the context of this discussion and your specific question. To "celebrate" is generally considered some kind of social occasion ie a birthday party - people gather to celebrate. When the party ends, technically the celebration is over. To my knowledge, there is no current ~2 month ongoing celebration. We all may still have our own positive feelings as the dark tyrannous days of T24 are over, but the celebration itself has probably ended. That's not to say our lives cannot continue to be enriched, though. I will let this one slide and not bother going into more detail on this point.

So in short:
The celebration per-se has ended, but we all still feel positive and happy. I will continue to feel positive and happy for some "time" (refer to above discussion), and may well continue to feel positive and happy as a dolphin off the coast of Aruba in about 70-80 or so years.

Last edited:

One would probably have to establish what 'time' is, and whether it has an ending.

My understanding is that time as we generally all know it as is the continued, ongoing sequence of existing. Yet, 'time' will continue once my being and conscience ends. Thus probably why the term "until the day I die" is used.

So to answer the specific question of "how much longer do you think you'll celebrate T24 leaving the Demons" the most conventional or socially accepted answer would most likely be associated with my 'ending' when I personally cease to exist as a living entity.

I personally do not believe in spirits and ghosts in the conventional sense. Interestingly though, stories of most ghosts regard a connection to particular events or places ie following foes to 'haunt' or loved ones to 'watch over' which would seem to suggest that if ghosts/spirits did exist, that they are capable of continuing an attachment of feelings. In that case, maybe I could continue to celebrate T24 leaving the Demons if an ongoing spirit or ghost of cats2rise existed?

2 - Is there life after death?
Whether this be the conventional heaven / hell or some other entity, the general concept is that one can be reunited with loved ones or re-live particular ages if they go to a positively balanced afterlife.

Separately, and not wanting to get too deep on this, there is also the theological belief in reincarnation. In both instances, one could argue that I could continue in a) my happy after-life place (or imagine my 'not-so-happy' place where for eternity I just have to watch T24 sign contract after contract to stay at Mount Buller) or b) as a reincarnated animal or object I could in theory continue to have feelings on the matter. Imagine a really moody Dolphin stalking the coast waiting for T24 to step into the water so I can unleash a fury of flippers.

Whilst I am not a person of faith or belief in life after death, the question indicates that you, Mr Sausage, have probably asked an ill-thought out question. For shame.

Again - time in a physical sense exists - We continue to be in the present which means that we also continue to add to the past and move towards the future (however the future is always the same measurement / distance away and is always evolving/shifting).

But some argue that time is not fundamentally real - a little like money. Money only has the value we give it, and as soon as we give it no value or change its value it ceases to exist. What is $50? It is a yellow/orange piece of not-quite-paper and not-quite-plastic that we tend to be attached to and keep in our pockets to trade for goods and services like many peanuts, but it isnt actually "real" - it is a concept tied to an object. One day, if the majority decided that that piece of not-quite-paper-and-not-quite-plastic has no value and we actually shift said value to feathers, we would all start to carry feathers around. My point is, money (like time) can be considered just a concept to assist us during our lifetime.

Back to the point, whilst the "flow" of time exists a little like a river and we physically experience it via growth and age (plus provides order and quantifiable periods to our lives), it is also a relative construct of our mentality. In short, change can be considered real, but time may not be - it it just a reflection of change.

I don't really want to get petty, but we also need to discuss the term "celebrate" in the context of this discussion and your specific question. To "celebrate" is generally considered some kind of social occasion ie a birthday party - people gather to celebrate. When the party ends, technically the celebration is over. To my knowledge, there is no current ~2 month ongoing celebration. We all may still have our own positive feelings as the dark tyrannous days of T24 are over, but the celebration itself has probably ended. That's not to say our lives continue to be enriched, though. I will let this one slide and not bother going into more detail on this point.

So in short:
The celebration per-se has ended, but we all still feel positive and happy. I will continue to feel positive and happy for some "time" (refer to above discussion), and may well continue to feel positive and happy as a dolphin off the coast of Aruba in about 70-80 or so years.

Ok, so we are clearly very similar dolphins :thumbsu:

And you are correct. The celebrations may have ended but the rejoicing continues

much rejoicing.gif

Whilst I am not a person of faith or belief in life after death, the question indicates that you, Mr Sausage, have probably asked an ill-thought out question. For shame.

Again - time in a physical sense exists - We continue to be in the present which means that we also continue to add to the past and move towards the future (however the future is always the same measurement / distance away and is always evolving/shifting).

I don't really want to get petty, but we also need to discuss the term "celebrate" in the context of this discussion and your specific question. To "celebrate" is generally considered some kind of social occasion ie a birthday party - people gather to celebrate. When the party ends, technically the celebration is over. To my knowledge, there is no current ~2 month ongoing celebration. We all may still have our own positive feelings as the dark tyrannous days of T24 are over, but the celebration itself has probably ended. That's not to say our lives continue to be enriched, though. I will let this one slide and not bother going into more detail on this point.

So in short:
Tarks

Tarks catching up with the reincarnations of his former Demons team mates.

tumblr_ox6epgI87m1vbcnq8o1_500.gif
And don't think you're safe on the streets either, Tarks.

You don't need to come find us... we'll come to you.

episode 1 GIF

So in short:
This is a very proportionate response, Tarks.

Demons posting numbers - Round 1 - Round 8.

Posting monthly.JPG

The number of active posters has dropped off a bit over the past month, with the exception of Round 7. We have seen our highest and lowest number of active weekly match thread posters of the season, but overall posting has been a bit down.

Hate is on an indefinite break and Headless also arned us of a reduction in posting, but we've seen lower numbers from several others including sante, Truetiger and Bluelegs who were all prolific in the first month.
The big positive is the return of Proper Gander who was sorley missed in recent times. Gralin and Wosh are always around and moginie has continued his great season. manangatang, Scythe94 and cooney have been consistent as usual.
Yakker has also been up and about over the past month and DERO is always entertaining whenever he gets on a roll in match threads.

This week we have Ophidian Old Boys at home

Demons DT - Round 1 - Round 8.

DT monthly.JPG

Our inconsistent season has continued over the second month of the season and largely seems to depend on the weather. We have had five games in cloudy weather for four losses, three of those by over 10 goals. But the three matches we've played in warm conditions have all been victories. Unusual for a team that lives in the snow.

manangatang has thrived since taking over from Hate in the ruck, particularly over the past two weeks where he has topped the scores. Gralin was actually the top scorer over the past month though and moginie is still leading overall.
Scythe94 continued his good season, increasing his average over the past month and finishing second twice in that period. Yakker and Truetiger are both having good seasons on their flanks.
cooney has maintained his numbers throughout the season but my numbers have decreased a bit, mostly due from dropping down to an average of only 4.5 goals per week over the past month.
Bluelegs hasn't scored as many goals as he did in the first month but he has still increased his tally by five goals, including three in Round 6. cooney, moginie and manangatang also kicked five goals each over the past month.

Goal Kickers:
sausageroll 44.22
Bluelegs 14.11
Yakker 8.8
cooney 8.4
PMBangers 8.4
Gralin 8.3
Truetiger 7.8
moginie 7.8
Scythe94 6.5
manangatang 6.2
Hate 2.5
DERO 2.4
Proper Gander 2.3
DemonJim 2.3
cats2rise 2.1
Quivorir 2.0
sante 1.2
Wosh 1.1
Van_Dyke 1.1
Headless 0.2

Demons Team Selection - Round 1 - Round 8.

Team monthly.JPG

There have been more changes to the starting line-up over the past month than there were in the first four rounds. Two of these are due to switches between activity and inactivity. On one hand we were blessed by the return of Proper Gander, while on the other, we were saddened by the request from Hate to remove him from the 20 while he enters a period of inactivity. We all hope he's enjoying his break and look forward to seeing him again when the time is right.

DemonJim's activity has been on and off but the value he adds whenever he posts has seen him move back onto the field. PMBangers has also seen periods on the field and in the emergencies but is currently keeping Headless company on the interchange.

There is some irony in the positions DERO has filled. While starting in the back pocket he often finds himself getting a run in the midfield but the week he was named in the midfield he found himself moved back to the pocket within minutes of the game starting and stayed there for the rest of the game.

The other changes saw manangatang move to the ruck and Proper Gander start in the forward pocket before spending the past two weeks on a wing.

With varying levels of form and posting numbers in a range of positions there is a chance we may see more changes over the next month if any of the less active Demons want to step up. The opportunities are there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back