Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons Season 37 Team Thread | Ice To See You

Remove this Banner Ad

R10 team sheet.JPG

Give us warm weather every week. Four wins from four in those conditions. It was great to have a win to celebrate the milestones for jmoo wan and manangatang this week.

There was only one change this week; Marlowe made a welcome return, replacing DemonJim who hadn't been sighted for a couple of weeks. Hopefully we'll see more from these two in the lead up to finals.

Posting overall this week was well down on the activity from the previous week. Demons ended up with 20 active posters though, and contributed over 56% of total posts, so it wasn't a bad week for us. We also had more then ten posters with over ten posts for the second week in a row.

It was great to see cats2rise and Proper Gander maintaining their activity from last week and Marlowe appearing for the first time this season with 20 posts.
Gralin, Wosh and moginie led the posting once again and manangatang, Headless, cooney and Yakker all finished in double figures.

moginie led DT scoring for the second week in a row, sharing top score with manangatang who has led in three of the past four matches.
Marlowe and Truetiger provided plenty of run off half back while Proper Gander and Scythe94 sent the ball forward to Yakker and cooney who provided an avenue to goal.

Goals kicked from the midfield were very important in a fairly low scoring match with manangatang and moginie both kicking two. Scythe94 and Proper Gander also kicked one each.
sante has become a valuable goal kicker for us since moving forward, finishing with two for the second week in a row and Bluelegs chipped in with one. I was the only other goal kicker, starting with two early goals and then kicking the two that sealed the game.

Random Stats:
1. Despite the win, this week was our lowest team DT score of the season. Our previous lowest was 980 in our Round 2 win against the Rats.
2. moginie is having a huge season, averaging 59 posts per game, leading DT, and third in goal scoring for Demons this season.
3. We have won all four matches in warm conditions this season.

This week we're up against the Roys in what will be another milestone match, with Marlowe celebrating his 300th SFA game.
Bring on the warm weather!

Round 8 links:
Team Selection
Pre-match
After-Match Summary

Last edited:
View attachment 1953766

Give us warm weather every week. Four wins from four in those conditions. It was great to have a win to celebrate the milestones for jmoo wan and manangatang this week.

There was only one change this week; Marlowe made a welcome return, replacing DemonJim who hadn't been sighted for a couple of weeks. Hopefully we'll see more from these two in the lead up to finals.

Posting overall this week was well down on the activity from the previous week. Demons ended up with 20 active posters though, and contributed over 56% of total posts, so it wasn't a bad week for us. We also had more then ten posters with over ten posts for the second week in a row.

It was great to see cats2rise and Proper Gander maintaining their activity from last week and Marlowe appearing for the first time this season with 20 posts.
Gralin, Wosh and moginie led the posting once again and manangatang, Headless, cooney and Yakker all finished in double figures.

moginie led DT scoring for the second week in a row, sharing top score with manangatang who has led in three of the past four matches.
Marlowe and Truetiger provided plenty of run off half back while Proper Gander and Scythe94 sent the ball forward to Yakker and cooney who provided an avenue to goal.

Goals kicked from the midfield were very important in a fairly low scoring match with manangatang and moginie both kicking two. Scythe94 and Proper Gander also kicked one each.
sante has become a valuable goal kicker for us since moving forward, finishing with two for the second week in a row and Bluelegs chipped in with one. I was the only other goal kicker, starting with two early goals and then kicking the two that sealed the game.

Random Stats:
1. Despite the win, this week was our lowest team DT score of the season. Our previous lowest was 980 in our Round 2 win against the Rats.
2. moginie is having a huge season, averaging 59 posts per game, leading DT, and third in goal scoring for Demons this season.
3. We have won all four matches in warm conditions this season.

This week we're up against the Roys in what will be another milestone match, with Marlowe celebrating his 300th SFA game.
Bring on the warm weather!

Round 8 links:
Team Selection
Pre-match
After-Match Summary
You're only as good as the teammates around you.

And fortunately I'm surrounded by fantastic ones!

Some fun facts:
  • We are 16 goals away from the clubs 10,000th goal.
  • I am 2 goals away from my 450th career goal
  • I am 1 game away from playing 100 games for the Gumbies
  • I have had 2,222 kicks, and have no plan on ruining the monodigit.

Some fun facts:
  • We are 16 goals away from the clubs 10,000th goal.
  • I am 2 goals away from my 450th career goal
  • I am 1 game away from playing 100 games for the Gumbies
  • I have had 2,222 kicks, and have no plan on ruining the monodigit.
I reckon you could do all four this week.

I reckon you could do all four this week.
It would be quite a feat.

All I can say is I will do my best.

Well, the random qootball simulator will determine everything. She can be a cruel or rewarding mistress, depending on the weather conditions.

Last edited:
R11 team sheet.JPG

Congratulations to Marlowe who celebrated his 300th SFA match this week. Unfortunately this was the only real highlight for the Demons this week as we went down in warm weather for the first time this season despite being in a commanding position for the majority of the game.
To add to the loss, DT and posting were both well below our previous lows for the season.

Posting wise, cats2rise was the big positive again, while Gralin and moginie were great as usual. After this, manangatang, Wosh, cooney and Headless were all between 11 and 15 but no-one outside the top 8 reached double figures. Our 10th highest poster this week had 4 posts.

Onfield, cooney was the star. In a low scoring game, coon-dog racked up an outstanding 93 DT from Centre Half Forward, including two goals. Yakker and cartwright were also good on their forward flanks, as were Truetiger on his back flank and Headless coming off the pine.
manangatang, moginie, Scythe94, Proper Gander and cats2rise did well in the midfield.

sante's goal kicking form continued, finishing with a game-high three goals. cooney kicked his two, and Yakker, Scythe94, Bluelegs, manangatang, Proper Gander and I all kicked one each.

Random Stats:
1. moginie is leading the SFA in DT this season. Scythe94, Gralin and manangatang are also in the top 20.
2. This was our first loss in warm weather this season. We had previously won all four matches in these conditions.
3. We only need five goals this week to reach the club milestone of 10,000 goals

This week we have an away game against the Bears and then we have our bye the week after. It looks as though we're in need of the break. Hopefully we can re-energise for the run for the finals.

Round 8 links:
Team Selection
Pre-match
After-Match Summary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1961122

Congratulations to Marlowe who celebrated his 300th SFA match this week. Unfortunately this was the only real highlight for the Demons this week as we went down in warm weather for the first time this season despite being in a commanding position for the majority of the game.
To add to the loss, DT and posting were both well below our previous lows for the season.

Posting wise, cats2rise was the big positive again, while Gralin and moginie were great as usual. After this, manangatang, Wosh, cooney and Headless were all between 11 and 15 but no-one outside the top 8 reached double figures. Our 10th highest poster this week had 4 posts.

Onfield, cooney was the star. In a low scoring game, coon-dog racked up an outstanding 93 DT from Centre Half Forward, including two goals. Yakker and cartwright were also good on their forward flanks, as were Truetiger on his back flank and Headless coming off the pine.
manangatang, moginie, Scythe94, Proper Gander and cats2rise did well in the midfield.

sante's goal kicking form continued, finishing with a game-high three goals. cooney kicked his two, and Yakker, Scythe94, Bluelegs, manangatang, Proper Gander and I all kicked one each.

Random Stats:
1. moginie is leading the SFA in DT this season. Scythe94, Gralin and manangatang are also in the top 20.
2. This was our first loss in warm weather this season. We had previously won all four matches in these conditions.
3. We only need five goals this week to reach the club milestone of 10,000 goals

This week we have an away game against the Bears and then we have our bye the week after. It looks as though we're in need of the break. Hopefully we can re-energise for the run for the finals.

Round 8 links:
Team Selection
Pre-match
After-Match Summary
"Hawky Wally Woozie" is a great touch.

Thanks as always, sausageroll.

Round 14 - Sunday, 5 May 2024

Mount Buller Demons v Dragons FFC at The Snow Dome

Round 16 - Friday Night, 10 May 2024
West Coast Wonders v Mount Buller Demons at The Colosseum

Round 18 - Sunday, 19 May 2024
Mount Buller Demons v East Side Hawks at The Snow Dome

Round 20 - Sunday, 26 May 2024
Mount Buller Demons v Coney Island Warriors at The Snow Dome

Just putting this in here for easy reference as the fixture takes on a life of it’s own.

Certainly does.

Does the fixture have an issue with odd numbers?
Someone went a little DaVinci code on it this year to try and remove a bye and decided that normal round numbering was also boring

Certainly does.

Does the fixture have an issue with odd numbers?
There’s multi byes, Thursday night, Friday night, Monday night games so I just wanna list when we play in simple terms. I’m a KISS kind of person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back