Season 37 Round 13 - Mount Buller Demons vs The Bye at The Snow Dome [SOTR*]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all and welcome to the thirteenth round of the thirty seventh season of the Sweet FA, I’m your host Chef Bob coming to you live from The Snow Dome. This week we see the Mount Buller Demons host the Bye in a match that will certainly go down in history as an example of not playing simulated football due to an odd number of teams. Qooty I believe they call it. Odd looking concept, but there’s something about it. Almost hypnotic. Tell you what I like though, and that’s scran.

“What the heck is scran anyway, Chef Bob?” I hear you type. A fair and relevant question it is too. It has a few different yet related meanings, but the most common one refers to food of questionable quality. Originating in the north of England and Scotland, it has been popularised in recent times when describing fast food served at sporting venues. And today friends I hijack this week’s match thread opening posts by bringing to you several examples of the food served up at qooty grounds around Sweet, this time from the Snow Dome.

Sweet, I give to you…

1713830747948.png

In the north west of Sweet sits Mount Buller. Demons live there. They also have a qooty ground called the Snow Dome, so named due to the occasional earthquakes that shake the place up and make it snow little white things. Here is one for example: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bnn-special-update-earthquake-rocks-mount-buller.1286849/

Now Mount Buller is known for some fancy-arsed cuisine, and that extends to the qooty scran at the Snow Dome. They used to have a wood-fired pizza place a while ago but that got shut down when manangatang forgot to pay the rent. They still have some decent scran though, check out some of this gear…

There’s the Mount Buller charqootyrie board (CM27.50):

1713832742566.png

The Ric Flair Soy & Honey Beef Brisket sandwich with waffle chips and a Scotch egg (CM34.95):

1713832771572.png

The Bert & Ernie Double Dog (CM19.95):

1713832806549.png

And of course the Wosh Triple Espresso iced coffee:

1713832833724.png

Hell, they even have a chocolate fountain there. Just don’t put cheese fondue in it.

Chef Bob’s Scran Rating:

1713832942319.png

*This rating gives the Demons vs the Bye fixture Scran Of The Round [SOTR] status.

Regarding the qooty, the Demons are 8th on the ladder with a record of 6 & 6 and the bye is not an actual team so aren’t on the ladder at all so let’s go with that sure why not – an amicable draw.

Players to watch out for are [checks notes] moginie Gralin & sausageroll. Also watch out for oldmate on the chocolate fountain, he's an absolute menace.

Captains please do whatever you want before midnight WA Bias time this coming Friday 1. Doesn’t matter, you’re not playing with anyone apart from yourselves.

Bon Appétit, friends!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back