Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons Season 37 Team Thread | Ice To See You

Remove this Banner Ad

No opposition team sheet to remind me to put out the garbage this week sausageroll
Buzz me in a couple of hours!

Sorry, that was way after I went to bed on Wednesday. I think. I'm not sure about the time dirrerences anymore. They got worse when daylight saving started or ended depending on which hemisphere you're in :confusedv1:

Sorry, that was way after I went to bed on Wednesday. I think. I'm not sure about the time dirrerences anymore. They got worse when daylight saving started or ended depending on which hemisphere you're in :confusedv1:
It's almost 11am on Saturday here

So we are 9th and over the next 3 weeks we play 6th, 7th and 8th... all in quintessential "8-point games"

That means, if my maths is correct, we could manage 24 points over our next three weeks which would firmly put us on top of the ladder.

So we are 9th and over the next 3 weeks we play 6th, 7th and 8th... all in quintessential "8-point games"

That means, if my maths is correct, we could manage 24 points over our next three weeks which would firmly put us on top of the ladder.
Too easy

IMG_1960.gif

I like it lets make it happen

Yeah, I'm up for the challenge.

R12 team sheet.JPG

The weather forecast was for cloudy weather, leaving us little chance of coming away with a win. But we somehow managed to beat the odds and beat the Bears away from home.
We started well, kicking 6 goals in the first quarter and setting us up for another memorable loss. The gap closed in the second quarter but we had a big third quarter, going into the final break with a six goal lead. We managed to not fall apart in the last quarter, eventually going on to win by 40 points.

Scythe94 had a huge game with the highest DT score of any Demon this season. cooney followed his BOG performance in Round 11 with his first ton of the season and cartwright had her best game of the season, finishing on 99 including four goals.
manangatang gave cats2rise , Gralin and Proper Gander first use of the ball in the midfield and Truetiger and Van_Dyke provied plenty of run from defence.

We had four Demons kicking three or more goals this week. sante kicked another four goals; he was moved to the forward pocket a month ago and has kicked 11 goals over that period. cartwright also kicked four goals, her first for the season. I kicked six and Bluelegs kicked another three, putting him on 22 goals for the season.
Scythe94 kicked two and Yakker and Van_Dyke kicked one each.

Posting dropped off even more with only 16 active Demons and seven reaching double figures. It was also our lowest total for the season, with our numbers dropping to 193, well below our previous low of 260.
cats2rise was the highlight again, finishing in the top three posting numbers for the first time this season. I led the posting with just 37 posts, my second lowest total of the season and Gralin finished second, also with his lowest total of the season. moginie was up and about as always and Wosh , manangatang and cooney were the others to finish in double figures.

Random Stats:
1. This was only our second win from seven matches in cloudy conditions.
2. We had our highest DT total and lowest posting totals of the season in Round 12
3. The Demons achieved the club milestone of 10,000 goals in Round 12

This week we're up against the Dragons at home. Hopefully the week off has given everyone a chance to recharge.
Match thread is here

Round 8 links:
Team Selection
Pre-match
After-Match Summary

Last edited:
Demons posting numbers : Round 1 - Round 12.

Posting monthly.JPG

Demons posting numbers dropped off again over the third month of the season despite a huge week against OOB in Round 9.
We still have 13 posters averaging over 10ppg but there were only 10 over the past month and seven in the last two matches.

Over the season, Gralin and Wosh are ranked first and second respectively, with Wosh slightly ahead over the past month thanks mostly to the OOB match. moginie and I both maintained our season averages from Rounds 9 - 12 despite the lower Demons posting numbers overall.
cats2rise has moved up to 7th overall thanks to posting triple his season numbers over the past month. Although Headless and manangatang are both a little down on their season averages over the past month, they are both still averaging in the 20s. cooney has been consistent hroughout the season.
Proper Gander and Marlowe both peaked in activity over the past month or so, much to the delight of the rest of us, but have since dropped off again.
Scythe94 , DERO , sante and Truetiger all started the season strongly but have been quiet in recent weeks.
Hate is still ranked as our 16th highest poster for the season despite not posting since the first month of the season. We hope he's enjoying his time off.

manangatang has shown he'll reward activity with position upgrades so there's a chance to take a midfield spot for those who want it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demons DT : Round 1 - Round 12.

DT monthly.JPG

Nothing has changed over the third month of the season. Demons performances were still inconsistent. Although we did manage to go into the bye with a big win in Cloudy conditions. We also had our highest DT performances of the season in that match; a welcome result after seeing our lowest numbers in the previous two weeks.

moginie still leads the Demons in DT but Scythe94 has closed the gap considerably thanks to two big matches (including the season high 140) over the past month. manangatang has continued his good form in the ruck, finishing second to Scythe94 since Round 9.
cats2rise has taken his opportunities with open hands paws, averaging 83 over the past month, third for the Demons over that period. And cooney had a big month at Centre Half Forward, especially in Rounds 11 and 12.

My scoring was down a little from Rounds 9 - 12 but sante really stepped up after being moved to the forward pocket where he's averaged just under three goals per week. Bluelegs has continued to kick goals, maintaing his two goal average for the season. Scythe94 and moginie have also had a good goal kicking run over te past month.

Season Goal kickers:
sausageroll 60.31
Bluelegs 22.16
Scythe94 13.10
moginie 12.11
sante 12.5
Yakker 10.13
cooney 10.8
manangatang 9.4
PMBangers 9.4
Gralin 8.4
Truetiger 7.8
Proper Gander 4.5
cartwright 4.1
Hate 2.5
DERO 2.4
DemonJim 2.3
Van_Dyke 2.2
cats2rise 2.2
Quivorir 2.0
Wosh 1.1
Headless 0.2

Last edited:
Demons Team Selection : Round 1 - Round 12.

Team monthly.JPG

There were a few positional shuffles over the past month with a couple of changing having a significant impact. cats2rise has made the most of his move from half back to the wing, replacing sante who has kicked 11 goals since being moved to the forward pocker.
cartwright also moved off the half back and kicked four goals from half forward in our win against the Bears.
DemonJim was moved to half back in Round 9 before being omitted and finally replacing PMBangers next to Headless on the interchange.
Marlowe and Truetiger have held the half back position over the past three or four weeks.

With the inconsistency in activity in several positions, including midfield, there is still an opportunity for anyone to lock in an upgrade for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

Round 14 - Sunday, 5 May 2024

Mount Buller Demons v Dragons FFC at The Snow Dome

Round 16 - Friday Night, 10 May 2024
West Coast Wonders v Mount Buller Demons at The Colosseum

Round 18 - Sunday, 19 May 2024
Mount Buller Demons v East Side Hawks at The Snow Dome

Round 20 - Sunday, 26 May 2024
Mount Buller Demons v Coney Island Warriors at The Snow Dome <—— @cooney 500th.

It is now Round 14 and cooney has 3 games till he plays his 500th…in Round 20.
sausageroll forget bin night, this will need your best tagging abilities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back