Mock Draft Results

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton made everyone their bitches.

LOL, you have to be joking, like VicCrow said, Cruiser23 totally wiped the floor for Carlton :)

Ding ding ding - we have a winner.
Strauss at 40 is a massive steal.

Carlton is the winner by a mile, they get 3 potential superstars in Ziebell, O'keefe and Strauss with their 1st 3 and then and finish off with some very hand players with the other 3.

Thanks fellas ;)

Basically just went best available rather than needs, except Post was more a needs pick as i rate Smith higher than Jayden. Just out of interest, this was my short write-up of each pick at the time:

Pick 6 - Jack Ziebell - Best available and a perfect fit for the Blues. Quality target in the forward line, adds grunt, great leadership ability, wonderful around clearances and great foot skills, exactly what we are after.

Pick 24 - Rhys O'Keefe - Best available for mine, quality midfielder/half back flanker with very good skills on both sides of his body. Good size, has good pace and is versatile, captain the SA team which shows he's a good leader and someone with his foots skills is exactly what we need. Was a toss up between him and Zaharakis but Rhys' footskills and decision making are far superior IMO which just gets him over the line.

Pick 40 - James Strauss - Best available again, to hard to pass on for mine, personally have him going early to early/middle second round. He's a fantastic user of the ball and you can't have enough players who hit targets over many distances. Not only is he effective in attack but is a very good tackler and defender to boot, won't last to this pick in the real draft IMO, to much quality.

Pick 56 - Jayden Post - Very versatile player. At 196cm he is very athletic and his hands and contested mark is very good. Can play either end, playing as a CHB, CHF or FF. He speed is pretty impressive for a big man, disposal is also good and shows plenty of dash from half back, reminds me a little of Jarrad Waite. The one downside to him is he is one of the older players in the draft at nearly 19 but make no mistake he can play. Very happy he is available with this pick, have him going around the third round.

Pick 72 - Ashley Smith - Best available again because i can't believe he hasn't been taken, way to good to pass on. Very versatile player at 185cm, big body and a raking right foot kick. Has dash about him and can be used as an attacking player or a defensive stopper. Really like the way he plays, hard running and attacks the ball hard. Again, you can't have to many player who can hit a target over 50+ metres.

Pick 88 - Michael Still - Haven't seen much of him TBH but would add to our KF depth which is fairly lacking. Bottom ager so might still be growing and also has a lot of potential, 192cm mainly plays from FF but has been know to play at CHB at times, has also shown he can kicks numerous goals.

Thanks to efcboy for organising the whole thing :thumbsu: After a long 9 days this is how the draft panned out.....

Brisbane
25. Brisbane - Matt De Boer
41. Brisbane - Tom Rockliff

CARLTON

24. Carlton - Rhys O'Keefe
40. Carlton - James Strauss

ESSENDON

23. Essendon - Aaron Cornelius

FREMANTLE

21. Fremantle - Michael Walters
85. Fremantle - Adam Cockie

GEELONG

34. Geelong - Clancee Pearce

HAWTHORN

33. Hawthorn - David Zaharakis
97. Hawthorn - Brett Wolfenden

NORTH MELBOURNE

27. North Melbourne - Nick Heyne

MELBOURNE

19. Melbourne - Tom Swift

RICHMOND

26. Richmond - Tom Lynch
42. Richmond - Luke Shuey

ST KILDA

31. St Kilda - Jordan Roughead
79. St Kilda - Xavier Gotch

SYDNEY

30. Sydney - Mitch Banner

WEST COAST

2. West Coast - Daniel Rich
18. West Coast - Chris Yarran - (Clancee Pearce 34)
20. West Coast - Jamie Sheahan- (Micheal Walters 21)
36. West Coast - Neville Jetta- (Tom Rockliff 41)
52. West Coast - Jake Walsh- (Xavier Gotch 79)
68. West Coast - Will Young- (Adam Cockie 85)
84. West Coast - Jordan Jones -(Tom Pullman-Swan Districts -ND)

WESTERN BULLDOGS

48. Western Bulldogs - Kade Klemke

So, who were the big winners, the big losers and how did you rate each clubs, or your own clubs performance?
Those are the Players that should have been taken at those picks and as you can see they were all still around.
Who drafted for the Eagles cause they need a slapping.

biggest winner = freo

Hawthorn did very well to get zaharkis at 33 and suban at 15.

WCE big winners aswell and i though brisbane went alright.

How much are the WA boys underestimated 25 should just about get drafted or rookie selected whilst cockie, blight, pearce, jetta, walters IMO will all go higher whilst there are so many missing.

i'm interested to know when Bannar and Zaharakis will be taken. should be good, draft is a fair way off though yet.November

Thanks to efcboy for organising the whole thing :thumbsu: After a long 9 days this is how the draft panned out.....

WESTERN BULLDOGS

14. Western Bulldogs - Lewis Johnston
32. Western Bulldogs - Ayce Cordy
48. Western Bulldogs - Kade Klemke
64. Western Bulldogs - Jarrod Blight
80. Western Bulldogs - Bart McCulloch
96. Western Bulldogs - Sam McGarry

no way known they will get ayce with a 2nd rounder definately have to use their first pick

29. Collingwood - Steve Gaertner - Too high
21. Fremantle - Michael Walters - Too low
18. West Coast - Chris Yarran - Too low
20. West Coast - Jamie Sheahan - Too high
36. West Coast - Neville Jetta - Too low

I think they're the major queries there but other than that, looked pretty good. :thumbsu:

i'm interested to know when Bannar and Zaharakis will be taken. should be good, draft is a fair way off though yet.November

it all depends on if afl clubs can see the scope for improvement with zaharakis kick.. i know aloty of ppl think it has come along way from in the past but as a small mid it needs to be 20% better then it is now. i think 25 - 35 - too much quality in this draft to say otherwise

WESTERN BULLDOGS

14. Western Bulldogs - Lewis Johnston

32. Western Bulldogs - Ayce Cordy
48. Western Bulldogs - Kade Klemke (Mitch Brown)
64. Western Bulldogs - Jarrod Blight
80. Western Bulldogs - Bart McCulloch
96. Western Bulldogs - Sam McGarry

As a dogs supporter would love this, but doubt it. Don't know much about Klemke but if Mitch Brown was still available at pick 48 would love to take him. Johnstone, Cordy and Brown with the dogs 1st three picks would be sensational. Will take time to develop but when they do with Jarrod Grant from last year, lets just say there wont be any complaining about lack of KPP from this dogs fanatic.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

biggest winner = freo

Hawthorn did very well to get zaharkis at 33 and suban at 15.

WCE big winners aswell and i though brisbane went alright.

How much are the WA boys underestimated 25 should just about get drafted or rookie selected whilst cockie, blight, pearce, jetta, walters IMO will all go higher whilst there are so many missing.
Cheers mate :thumbsu: I thought Zaharakis was a steal, as was Suban. Pretty happy with my pick 97 also :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back