MLB 2021/22 Hot Stove

Remove this Banner Ad

Braves sign Rosario to a 2 year contract with option for a 3rd. Pretty sure they are done now.

Not resigning Freddie could have been a disaster with supporters but getting Olson (for 8 years) and resigning the playoff hero in Rosario has tempered any unease. In fact, from my reading, braves fans are pretty happy with what they have done.
I'd rather Olson at his age and contract than Freeman to be honest. Olson is a home town kid as well so it will work out for you.

I'd rather Olson at his age and contract than Freeman to be honest. Olson is a home town kid as well so it will work out for you.

Long term yes but i reckon we would have been better the next 2 years with Freeman - his leadership was outstanding, hopefully others step up in that regard (swanson probably the one)

wow. Gonna hit a few HR's

He struggles with breaking balls, so he’s gone to a place where the ball breaks the least. :p

Kris is going to be destroying some baseballs. 😂

Thrilled that’s he’s getting paid. I have always liked KB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trout doing all the heaving lifting again - one of the best players not playing playoff baseball again. sad

I used to think this way but Mike Trout signed that 12 year contract. He could have become a free agent and got the same years and money with any club in Baseball. Baseball is a sport, unlike Basketball, where players go for the largest contract over the best team. Mike Trout was no different in that respect.

I used to think this way but Mike Trout signed that 12 year contract. He could have become a free agent and got the same years and money with any club in Baseball. Baseball is a sport, unlike Basketball, where players go for the largest contract over the best team. Mike Trout was no different in that respect.

Yeah but you never know what they were promised - maybe they said they will build a WS winning team around him and then failed to do so.

Yeah but you never know what they were promised - maybe they said they will build a WS winning team around him and then failed to do so.

Yeah, that’s a good point. Lots of owners would suck like that, making promises they won’t keep.

does come with the territory of signing one player to so much money - alot less to spend on the other 24 players.
If anyone is worth that kind of money its him. Especially to keep him. Not like the Angels dont spend, they just spend generally on the wrong people at the wrong time. Once Ohtani is due to be paid we will see how far they are willing to go.
Rendon got paid and they have paid decent coin on short term pitching but its very hit and miss. Hopefully Syndegaard comes back 100% and then thats a great hit and who knows with Lorenzen. Bundy was good when we got him but hes gone.
We need 1 more pitcher or if they got Correa or Story i would be stoked. Not sure if trust Rengifo or Wade to hold that spot.

If anyone is worth that kind of money its him. Especially to keep him. Not like the Angels dont spend, they just spend generally on the wrong people at the wrong time. Once Ohtani is due to be paid we will see how far they are willing to go.
Rendon got paid and they have paid decent coin on short term pitching but its very hit and miss. Hopefully Syndegaard comes back 100% and then thats a great hit and who knows with Lorenzen. Bundy was good when we got him but hes gone.
We need 1 more pitcher or if they got Correa or Story i would be stoked. Not sure if trust Rengifo or Wade to hold that spot.

With what the value system is in Baseball, he’s probably even underpaid lol.

Geez the A's just do the same thing over and over again (with no money to spend they have to). Develop all these young guys into damn good players, trade them for more prospects and do it again. Basically a feeder club for others

the A's whether they was in Philadelphia, Kansas City or Oakland have always been a feeder club for other clubs

I was listening to a braves podcast yesterday and ex-brave Eric O'Flaherty said he appreciated the braves giving him one last season as that got him to the 10 year service. I didnt know anything about the pension but that gets him $90k a year from the age of 62 or can take it out at lesser amounts from as early as the age of 45. Really interesting stuff i thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back