MLB 2021/22 Hot Stove

Remove this Banner Ad

So Freeman wont be a brave anymore.....I truely don't understand it. I'm sure whoever signs him will lay a lot but we could have got him cheaper if we offered him ages ago.

Gave up a fair bit to get Olson as well and have him under control for only 2 more years before he will ask for big money anyway.....If he has two big years he might ask for about what we could have offered Freeman if we tried to sign him a year ago.....

The mind is boggled. Win a world series and go an piss off your whole organisation.....

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

So Freeman wont be a brave anymore.....I truely don't understand it. I'm sure whoever signs him will lay a lot but we could have got him cheaper if we offered him ages ago.

Gave up a fair bit to get Olson as well and have him under control for only 2 more years before he will ask for big money anyway.....If he has two big years he might ask for about what we could have offered Freeman if we tried to sign him a year ago.....

The mind is boggled. Win a world series and go an piss off your whole organisation.....

i was hoping the Yankees would trade for Olsson but seeing what your guys gave up for him glad we didn't, happy with Rizzo to play first this year

i was hoping the Yankees would trade for Olsson but seeing what your guys gave up for him glad we didn't, happy with Rizzo to play first this year
Langeliers looks like a great catcher prospect, I'm sorry we traded him.

Pache has gone backwards last few years but should play everyday this year.

The other two I don't know too much about but still high prospects.

I just find it weird we traded away top prospects for a guy to cover Freeman who we could have signed 12-24 months ago for less than what he wants now. I follow the brave scribes on twitter and they thought it should have been done at start of 2021.

Olson is good but may ask for similar money in 2 years time when Freeman will still be hitting 30hrs and .300 each year.

Reds continue to lose/trade players with Winkler and Suarez going to Seattle and Sonny Gray moving a few days ago

Reds are having a firesale, someone needs to hit them up for Castillo ASAP. Come on Angels FFS

I can understand it if he goes to Toronto but not the Dodgers, esp with the California tax. I don't mind what Atlanta did though, Olson is a gun and 5 years younger.
Also thank you from taking him from the A's. He kills us all the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand it if he goes to Toronto but not the Dodgers, esp with the California tax. I don't mind what Atlanta did though, Olson is a gun and 5 years younger.
Also thank you from taking him from the A's. He kills us all the time
I presume they think they can resign him easily being an Atlanta native otherwise what happens in 2 years when he's eligible for free agency.....

I'm probably just as annoyed when I see Ozuna is back and earning big bucks....I guess I'm just glad he can be the DH and his arm doesn't cost us

Last edited:
Olson signs an 8 year, $168 million dollar extension. I hoped they would sign him to a long term deal when we traded him, didnt expect it so quick. Average of 21m a year, reports Freeman would be around $28m a year.

you think the contract extension would have been part of the trade agreement, you got a bargain, would have been worth a lot more when he hit free agency

you think the contract extension would have been part of the trade agreement, you got a bargain, would have been worth a lot more when he hit free agency

Yeah no doubt would have been agreed upon before the trade went through. I love the fact Olson, Acuna, Albies & Riley are all under club control until at least end of 2025 (along with Fried and Anderson) - Acuna & Albies until 2027 if/when club takes up the options on their contracts

Braves got Olson so cheap per year but obviously gave up a but what a deal.
Chapman to the Jays? man that team is loaded. They should be winning that division now. Arguably the best rotation in baseball and now a incredible batting lineup. Guess Vlad will be going to the DH role now, esp if they get Freeman.
Good to see the Angels smashing the FA market. heckheads.

Braves sign Rosario to a 2 year contract with option for a 3rd. Pretty sure they are done now.

Not resigning Freddie could have been a disaster with supporters but getting Olson (for 8 years) and resigning the playoff hero in Rosario has tempered any unease. In fact, from my reading, braves fans are pretty happy with what they have done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back