Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't need to goto games as I've seen them all on my TV. I can see what these two players are doing quite clearly. And my comment is not borderline racist so stop this PC bullshit. Name me one Sudanese footballer that doesn't play bruise free footy who is currently PLAYING vfl/AFL system? The play as athletes not natural footballers atm probably a DNA and no past non Aussie rules history.
Yes TI, recommend you go to games before making such statements. Otherwise you just scream misinformed and ignorant with such claims.

Archie May for me. This is the first season he has had a proper run at it. He came from out of the system ( (coming from rowing and put in a good

Your comments suggests you dont go to games. May had limited game time in the first two games and the game against werribee the forward line struggled for both number and quality of entries. Additionally you as well I will not know the team roles performed by each player. Same goes for your comments on Mutaz.
If he was taking 5-6 marks a game I’d raise the eyebrow , he’s luck to get more than 4p and 1-2 marks ,that doesn’t warrant a list spot for mine , go with the WA lad scaife

Yep, had 9 tackles against the flag favourite in an away game sitting back waiting for the ball to come to him. And doesn't actually play like a KPF until Steve Morris is watching, because Morris observed, and I quoth:

"What doesn't show up on the stat sheet is a key forward's ability to half a contest when significantly outnumbered, and this was the most pleasing part of Archie's game."
9 tackles where he plays in 20%of the area of the whole ground. How many were actually effective as the definition of a tackle is pretty open ? Were they in a ruck contest or scrimmage and he just touched the bloke and it was a ball up?As i keep telling use your eyes bc you're incompetent when it comes to stats .

Last edited:
Yes TI, recommend you go to games before making such statements. Otherwise you just scream misinformed and ignorant with such claims.
i reckon you go to Specsavers fanboy as you've obviously gone to games and haven't seen what I've seen from my TV. He's a one trick lazy pony and that's why he was never drafted.

Yep, had 9 tackles against the flag favourite in an away game sitting back waiting for the ball to come to him. And doesn't actually play like a KPF until Steve Morris is watching, because Morris observed, and I quoth:

"What doesn't show up on the stat sheet is a key forward's ability to half a contest when significantly outnumbered, and this was the most pleasing part of Archie's game."
halve a contest means he 's behind his opponent or too useless to take a contested grab so he has to do the bare minimum. As I said Incompetent stats man he won't get to the next level as we have Kosi already on our list and we don't need another spud. These guys are old fashioned style forwards who are slow and lazy as s**t and that's why they never get drafted. There were tall forwards in the MSD last year that played the same style and were drafted and were all spuds at the next level. Go and look them up. No KPF has made it since Pods and that 's the reason why as their weaknesses are so obvious to the talent scouts and anybody who observes them without their hands on their rooster.

Last edited:
halve a contest means he 's behind his opponent or too useless to take a contested grab so he has to do the bare minimum. As I said Incompetent stats man he won't get to the next level as we have Kosi already on our list and we don't need another spud. These guys are old fashioned style forwards who are slow and lazy as s**t and that's why they never get drafted. There were tall forwards in the MSD last year her played the same style and were drafted and were all spuds at the next level. Go and look them up. No KPF has made it since Pods and that 's the reason why as their weaknesses are so obvious to the talent scouts and anybody who observes them without their hands on their rooster.

1713774042242.png

great response from a player who has the following stats for the year Incompetent stats man. He's barely VFL standard and you want him on our list. Keep rubbing his balls like you were doing on the Colina thread. You haven't got one right yet as i'm constantly proving you wrong as my lens are way better than yours. lol:

great response from a player who has the following stats for the year Incompetent stats man. He's barely VFL standard and you want him on our list. Keep rubbing his balls like you were doing on the Colina thread. You haven't got one right yet as i'm constantly proving you wrong as my lens are way better than yours. lol:

I love Archie, I see untapped potential, but you are correct in that he isn't worth putting on a list. In fact, he is a long way from it. It still won't stop me from watching him eagerly in the VFL this year though. He is a better player to have in the 2's than Bradtke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Archie, I see untapped potential, but you are correct in that he isn't worth putting on a list. In fact, he is a long way from it. It still won't stop me from watching him eagerly in the VFL this year though. He is a better player to have in the 2's than Bradtke.
They're about the same and i agree he's worth looking at to see his growth, but he has a better chance getting to the moon than getting on an AFL list atm. lol

They're about the same and i agree he's worth looking at to see his growth, but he has a better chance getting to the moon than getting on an AFL list atm. lol

I watched him play a few weeks back with Kosi in the side and with just 3 possessions he did more than Kosi did in a half of footy. I was thinking geez, if only he got the ball a dozen times instead of half a dozen lol.

So, if Kozi can get a senior gig then I'll never say never.

How many players taken in the MSD have been decent?
Bramble, noble, Pickett (for a while).
Most overrated thing in footy.
It’s meant for immediate impact.
Not for getting a project player.

Lachlan Hosie should be one of our picks ... immediate impact ... need a forward who is actually a dominant forward at the elite level rather than one who MIGHT be one day

Hosie has kicked 15 goals from 4 matches this year at 83% efficiency .... averaging 12 disposals and 6 marks at over 80 % efficiency too.

Last year only went at three goals a game to kick 61 ... this year he is heading for over 80+

If you do the math every 3rd disposal (4 out 5 shots on goal) he kicks a goal.

Best forward not playing AFL by a mile and has the Farmer medals to prove it as well as leading goal kicker in the VFL SANFL state game
with 4

But hey let's choose a 19 year old who has kicked 8 in 3 who will be ready in 5 years ... maybe ...

Last edited:
Did anybody catch the young guns v Vic metro game? A few articles written about the fact it was happening on Saturday but no actual report on the result or who stood out?

i reckon you go to Specsavers fanboy as you've obviously gone to games and haven't seen what I've seen from my TV. He's a one trick lazy pony and that's why he was never drafted.
Go to a game TI before you start spruking your theories. Maybe stick to commentating local footy down at Lakes entrance. God help them.

Big diff he was 22yo this kids 19yo , first season in seniors ,,that’s a massive difference
Yep and selected to go straight into the State team after 3 games. Moves extremely well & more athletic than Buller. He is a good contested mark, has a great kick and uses body well.

So no facts or information as usual. Just avoiding topic as and making personal insults. Start providing evidence to my concerns please rather than avoiding the topic.

Last edited:
We have Bauer from the MSD too. Been that long I have vague memories he can play.. The KPPs out of it are mostly failures, If there's a Jai Newcombe you'd grab him for 18 months.

Otherwise its injury depth 6 month contract only , just to field our AFL team this season. Better off in the other drafts

What ever happened to Luke Teale as he was motoring for us in the VFL last year and then disappeared with injuries and then went and played local footy. Then he came back and was never the same?

It was political. Teale was too independent and just wanted to dominate the right wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back