Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Have a look at his output for the whole season.
TI you're happy to make uninformed "armchair" comments and diss players, many of whom are just kids. You represent the worst type of club supporter.
Its great to be passionate however youre happy to demean the kids playing for the club and bully other supporters for having an view = Troll.

TI you're happy to make uninformed "armchair" comments and diss players, many of whom are just kids. You represent the worst type of club supporter.
Its great to be passionate however youre happy to demean the kids playing for the club and bully other supporters for having an view = Troll.
excuse me where have i done this, I've just stated their deficiencies and you've come up with nothing telling me why they should be on an AFL LIST. you've casted out the insults and false accusations towards me. Move on please as you're going round in circles.

What ever happened to Luke Teale as he was motoring for us in the VFL last year and then disappeared with injuries and then went and played local footy. Then he came back and was never the same?
He was way over hyped by the media/bigfooty. I know for a fact AFL recruiters did not rate him. Not big enough for kpd, too slow as a half back.

He was way over hyped by the media/bigfooty. I know for a fact AFL recruiters did not rate him. Not big enough for kpd, too slow as a half back.
he's not that slow and is excellent by foot. He would be an upgrade on Dow, but only if his form was like early last year. He went to poo after he came back and you couldn't put him on a list..

It seems that Jack Hutchinson has been generating mid season draft buzz since before the season even began. Hutchinson is a mid sized lead up forward with excellent athletic traits, strong overhead and below his knees. He also has the ability to pull of the spectacular at times.

What ever happened to Luke Teale as he was motoring for us in the VFL last year and then disappeared with injuries and then went and played local footy. Then he came back and was never the same?
Played with Oakleigh last year as a 19 yr old. I think everyone was expecting him to dominate but he never really did. Certainly played some good footy but not to the level everyone expected. Was better with Tigers VFL.

It seems that Jack Hutchinson has been generating mid season draft buzz since before the season even began. Hutchinson is a mid sized lead up forward with excellent athletic traits, strong overhead and below his knees. He also has the ability to pull of the spectacular at times.

Looks like a right footed Noah Cumberland but with some intensity and 2nd efforts.

no thanks after seeing that apart from the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still wouldn't take him he'd be wasted pick because we already have similar type players and we need KP talls not blokes his size.
Do we though? How many non-KPP marking targets do we have? Dusty who is nearly retired and while he's elite one-on-one he's not really a marking target, he's never got his feet off the turf to take a mark. Cumberland who will be first delisted, I'll include Lefau who is KPP height but doesn't really play like one. Bauer who has been trained as a defender and has paper hammies.

So potentially one next year and he's a 26-year-old, speculative, 3 gamer.

Do we though? How many non-KPP marking targets do we have? Dusty who is nearly retired and while he's elite one-on-one he's not really a marking target, he's never got his feet off the turf to take a mark. Cumberland who will be first delisted, I'll include Lefau who is KPP height but doesn't really play like one. Bauer who has been trained as a defender and has paper hammies.

So potentially one next year and he's a 26-year-old, speculative, 3 gamer.
He's not in my best 22 Ive seen nothing of him that none our current crop of youngsters can't do or learn, I'll pass thanks.

He's not in my best 22 Ive seen nothing of him that none our current crop of youngsters can't do or learn, I'll pass thanks.
No MSD picks will be in our best 22 right away and none of our youngsters are medium marking targets, so I doubt that.

This bloke has come from country footy and has thrived in his first few games @ VFL level. You'd pick him up hoping he can continue to improve. Exactly like we did with Trezise last year.

Anyway we shall see.....

No MSD picks will be in our best 22 right away and none of our youngsters are medium marking targets, so I doubt that.

This bloke has come from country footy and has thrived in his first few games @ VFL level. You'd pick him up hoping he can continue to improve. Exactly like we did with Trezise last year.

Anyway we shall see.....
Nup.do.not like sorry.

Lachlan Hosie should be one of our picks ... immediate impact ... need a forward who is actually a dominant forward at the elite level rather than one who MIGHT be one day

Hosie has kicked 15 goals from 4 matches this year at 83% efficiency .... averaging 12 disposals and 6 marks at over 80 % efficiency too.

Last year only went at three goals a game to kick 61 ... this year he is heading for over 80+

If you do the math every 3rd disposal (4 out 5 shots on goal) he kicks a goal.

Best forward not playing AFL by a mile and has the Farmer medals to prove it as well as leading goal kicker in the VFL SANFL state game
with 4

But hey let's choose a 19 year old who has kicked 8 in 3 who will be ready in 5 years ... maybe ...
I’d much rather the 19yo first season at senior level who’s showing plenty than a 27yo sanfl mid size forward no thx , we got kelti to play that role , would be a boneheaded move and why do we need someone to help in next 5min , we’re bottom 2 this year , embrace it

We have Bauer from the MSD too. Been that long I have vague memories he can play.. The KPPs out of it are mostly failures, If there's a Jai Newcombe you'd grab him for 18 months.

Otherwise its injury depth 6 month contract only , just to field our AFL team this season. Better off in the other drafts
He ll be given the arse soon enough when we address the elephant in the room post season ,,,availability, players that are on workcover as soon as they sign on are right in the gun , a warning shot needs to be sent out

I’d much rather the 19yo first season at senior level who’s showing plenty than a 27yo sanfl mid size forward no thx , we got kelti to play that role , would be a boneheaded move and why do we need someone to help in next 5min , we’re bottom 2 this year , embrace it
Showing plenty?
Comedy Ventriloquist GIF by The Ed Sullivan Show

Remove this Banner Ad

Back