Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1964089

We've all been keeping a bit of an eye on this guy, but he seems to be really buying into what the team needs. He turns 20 in August and is around 200cm so will likely be a couple of years off the physical maturity and co-ordination required for AFL footy. I am starting to think if he keeps going on a similar trajectory it is a matter of when and not if he finds himself on an AFL list. Richmond can take 2 and possibly 3 guys in the MSD if they care to, and I am wondering now if the club might pull the trigger on this project key forward sooner rather than later. 9 tackles is a hell of a number for a key forward but if he is good at trapping the ball in and around 200cm, then he is an AFL forward one day, it is as simple as that.
He’s another Bradtke and won’t make it. Sits back waiting for the ball to come to him and goes missing for long patches.Doesnt actually play as a KPF, but more like a lazy HFF.
A bit of a pea heart as well. Hasn’t impressed me one iota and would be another list clogger on our long growing list of them.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Jai Newcombe.
Sam Durham is quickly becoming a great player.
Peatling is playing in the flag favorites side.
Cooper Sharman from Saints looks a prospect.
Ryan Maric looks decent.
Ryan Maric is above average. He’s having a great season.

its a free hit I guess.

if our VFL players nominate to be in the draft we could lose them. El Nour looks a good player and hate to lose him.
I don’t like him bc he plays an uncontested game and rarely puts body on the opponent. Likes an easy ball , but he’s better than that spud Dimma played yesterday for the Suns.

There appears to be 3 forwards laying claims
Scaife 19yo 197 WA
Hutchison , ,eating marry HF from coll VFL
Wilkinson geelong u18 HF
If we could get one of these I’d be happy and get mutaz with sec pic . Preferably,y get scaife , has gone thru elite pathways and this year having breakout , at 19yo yiur think has plenty of improvement left , takes 6 marks a game , get him in y&b

Honestly if we all ignore all this and add some 5”2 FP ,,,I’ll cya next year

Scaife 19yo 197 WA
Wilkinson geelong u18 HF
If we could get one of these I’d be happy and get mutaz with sec pic . Preferably,y get scaife , has gone thru elite pathways and this year having breakout , at 19yo yiur think has plenty of improvement left , takes 6 marks a game , get him in y&b

Scaife & Mutaz 100% agree, any small FP or small sized spec mid nobody has heard of and I'll be joining you.

Last edited:
Archie May for me. This is the first season he has had a proper run at it. He came from out of the system ( (coming from rowing and put in a good
Watch May he lacks those traits
Your comments suggests you dont go to games. May had limited game time in the first two games and the game against werribee the forward line struggled for both number and quality of entries. Additionally you as well I will not know the team roles performed by each player. Same goes for your comments on Mutaz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What else has he done mate. Looks like he’s got a great leap and therefore goes for contested grabs.
Not sure, I haven't seen him play other than some highlights. He's averaging 10 disposals, 3.5 marks and nearly 2 goals per game in his first 4 VFL games in a pretty poor side so should have a lot of scope for improvement. Similar story to Trezise.

Norf surely target a KPD. Hawks and us best available. Don't reckon El Nour lasts till our 2nd pick.

Archie May for me. This is the first season he has had a proper run at it. He came from out of the system ( (coming from rowing and put in a good

Your comments suggests you dont go to games. May had limited game time in the first two games and the game against werribee the forward line struggled for both number and quality of entries. Additionally you as well I will not know the team roles performed by each player. Same goes for your comments on Mutaz.
Who cares as every player has a role so that point s utter bullshit and fanboys' hysteria. IT'S whether they can perform it well enough at the next level. May is just an average VFL player at best and Mumtaz is your standard bruise free Sudanese footballers that are all going around the AFL atm. We have Broad and Flossy who play his role, but with physical presence. Tall backs aren't really an issue and he would just be a list clogger.

Not sure, I haven't seen him play other than some highlights. He's averaging 10 disposals, 3.5 marks and nearly 2 goals per game in his first 4 VFL games in a pretty poor side so should have a lot of scope for improvement. Similar story to Trezise.

Norf surely target a KPD. Hawks and us best available. Don't reckon El Nour lasts till our 2nd pick.
i'll need to look him up. Thanks

Who cares as every player has a role so that point s utter bullshit and fanboys' hysteria. IT'S whether they can perform it well enough at the next level. May is just an average VFL player at best and Mumtaz is your standard bruise free Sudanese footballers that are all going around the AFL atm. We have Broad and Flossy who play his role, but with physical presence. Tall backs aren't really an issue and he would just be a list clogger.
TI have you been to any games this year?? Your comments this morning suggest you havent.
Also, you are comments re Mutaz are boarderline racist!

TI have you been to any games this year?? Your comments this morning suggest you havent.
Also, you are comments re Mutaz are boarderline racist!
Don't need to go to games as I've seen them all on my TV. I can see what these two players are doing quite clearly. And my comment is not borderline racist so stop this PC bullshit. Name me one Sudanese footballer that doesn't play bruise free footy who is currently PLAYING vfl/AFL system? They play as athletes not natural footballers atm probably a DNA and no past Aussie rules history.

Last edited:
Scaife 19yo 197 WA
Wilkinson geelong u18 HF

So why Scaife, what’s he done?
It’s Likely a WA recruit will want a 2 year deal. A risk.

Not really a risk with the amount of guys we have on the brink of retirement.
Well i hope we are taking 5-6 players at the draft this year and may not really have the list spot available
i would hate to take 1 less 18 year old kid rated inside the best 30 players in the land for the sake of a sugar hit with a VFL player or a WAFL player

Grimes
Prestia (maybe)
Baker (maybe)
graham (maybe)
Cumberland
McIntosh (maybe)

who else is an obvious delisting

Well i hope we are taking 5-6 players at the draft this year and may not really have the list spot available
i would hate to take 1 less 18 year old kid rated inside the best 30 players in the land for the sake of a sugar hit with a VFL player or a WAFL player

Grimes
Prestia (maybe)
Baker (maybe)
graham (maybe)
Cumberland
McIntosh (maybe)

who else is an obvious delisting
I don't think we'll take 6 in the ND and RD. 5 max IMO.

Grimes, McIntosh, Cumberland all gorne.
Graham will leave IMO
Baker likely to leave
Dusty likely to retire
Can see Ralphsmith requesting a trade
Steely Green gorne if there is a list squeeze, otherwise 1 year deal
Colina gorne but Cat B so no difference
Pickett and Prestia 1-year deals
Re-sign everyone else

+2 MSD selections
+4/5 ND/RD/SSP selections

So why Scaife, what’s he done?
It’s Likely a WA recruit will want a 2 year deal. A risk.
2y ago WA u18 team
Few reserves games ly , so so
This year killing it 3 games > 6 marks and 3-4g a game
At 19 yo it tells me he’s on the up , 197cm is good too

He’s another Bradtke and won’t make it. Sits back waiting for the ball to come to him and goes missing for long patches.Doesnt actually play as a KPF, but more like a lazy HFF.
A bit of a pea heart as well. Hasn’t impressed me one iota and would be another list clogger on our long growing list of them.

Yep, had 9 tackles against the flag favourite in an away game sitting back waiting for the ball to come to him. And doesn't actually play like a KPF until Steve Morris is watching, because Morris observed, and I quoth:

"What doesn't show up on the stat sheet is a key forward's ability to half a contest when significantly outnumbered, and this was the most pleasing part of Archie's game."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back