Teams Miami Dolphins - The Fins

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah can't fault the effort. They gave it everything especially as they were battling all game with injuries, on the road and No 2 seed.

Just dumb mistakes especially the play calling. 3 time outs and 2 delay of games because of not making the play clock.

Unlike 2008 & 2016 we pushed the opposition to the wire and it wasn't over by half time.

The Bills losing today was great from a miami perspective. Might make Buffalo 2nd guess themselves moving forward and open up the AFC East.

Though I think with hindsight it shows they were there probably there for the taking last week.

And if we had Tua we probably jagged a playoff victory that would have got the monkey off the back.

Dolphins CB Byron Jones revealed in a social media post that he "can't run or jump because of injuries sustained playing this game" nearly a year removed from Achilles surgery.​

In a second post, Jones stated "it was an honor and privilege to play in the NFL but it came at a regrettable cost I did not foresee." He continued by expressing a note of caution to the incoming rookies before deleting the posts in under an hour. No official announcement has been made by Jones, his agent, or the Dolphins. Expect continued coverage throughout the offseason for the once-dominant corner, with all signs pointing to a release by Miami once the new league year begins.

They’re also picking up his option early because they don’t want to negotiate an extension yet unlike other teams with Herbert and Burrow. It’s unfortunate but fair and I’m sure when he shows up next year they’ll give him a good contract

-----

I read that as, “we were going to do it anyway, we just had until May 2nd so we didn’t feel rushed. But since everyone was making such a big deal about it, we just did it so we could all move on.”

Tua Tagovailoa has added noticeable size and strength during Miami's offseason training program, David Furones of the Orlando Sentinel reports.

Tagovailoa's mindset is on improvement entering Year 4, as his offseason has featured not only strength training, but also techniques to avoid future concussions and practice with a helmet camera to put him more in sync with coaches. Last year Tagovailoa proved an ability to thrive in coach Mike McDaniel's scheme, at least when healthy, but concussion issues limited him to just 13 appearances. Now with another offseason of familiarity with McDaniel's system, plus increased chemistry with star wideouts Tyreek Hill (undisclosed) and Jaylen Waddle, Tagovailoa should be viewed as a high-upside option in 2023 fantasy drafts after the top options at his position are off the board.

Is anybody else here a member (or visitor) of the Finheaven forum? There is a poster there, DolfanMike, who is an experienced coach and has started a big thread giving his observations on the open training sessions he has attended. His take, briefly summarised, is that our defensive line and linebackers are phenomenal, but our O-line is struggling to keep up with them. This bodes badly for Tua's health, naturally. We'll have to see whether the O-line is bad, average or simply bad when facing such a dominant D-line.

It's well worth a read, for anyone who's interested!

Edited to add: The season's nearly here, so FINS UP!!!! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anybody else here a member (or visitor) of the Finheaven forum? There is a poster there, DolfanMike, who is an experienced coach and has started a big thread giving his observations on the open training sessions he has attended. His take, briefly summarised, is that our defensive line and linebackers are phenomenal, but our O-line is struggling to keep up with them. This bodes badly for Tua's health, naturally. We'll have to see whether the O-line is bad, average or simply bad when facing such a dominant D-line.

It's well worth a read, for anyone who's interested!

Edited to add: The season's nearly here, so FINS UP!!!! :p
Im a member there but i seldom post, maybe two years ago since i last did

Meanwhile...

Dolphins current focus is Dalvin Cook over giving value for JT, which they’re monitoring .

Jets offered 7M, but told him that Breece Hall is their guy when healthy.

Dalvin feels dolphins give him best chance to secure next contract despite being for less money now. If Dolphins raise offer, he’s coming.

Can confirm that Jonathan Taylor is going to request a trade soon.

Hearing from 1 source that we are very interested, hearing from the other source that money is tight but we’d love to add Taylor to the roster.

Just sharing what I know and hear. Hope everyone is well

------

Makes sense, especially if the Dolphins were supposedly interested in trading for Barkley

------

I’d much rather give Cook a one-year, $6-7 million deal than trade a second rounder and give Taylor a three year, $36 million deal (and he probably wants even more than that).

-------

The Dolphins screwed up by not drafting him in the first placep. Per reports, Taylor was the top choice of our RB coach. I was praying we would take him at 30, That spot ended up being Iggy.

------

While I have JT as a better RB than Cook, Cook may be a better fit both schematically and contract and acquisition-wise. The contract part is an assumption. I think Cook might eventually settle for a lower and shorter contract and we wouldn't have to trade for him. But JT is such a great runner. Before his injury I saw so many of the same blocking mistakes by the OL in Indy that were common in Miami. The difference was that JT negated those mistakes by himself and we didn't have a back who could do that.

-------
With all the guys Miami will have to extend coming up i have trouble understanding giving up assets to then pay a RB long term, even a really good one like Taylor

Can confirm that Jonathan Taylor is going to request a trade soon.

Hearing from 1 source that we are very interested, hearing from the other source that money is tight but we’d love to add Taylor to the roster.

Just sharing what I know and hear. Hope everyone is well

------

Makes sense, especially if the Dolphins were supposedly interested in trading for Barkley

------

I’d much rather give Cook a one-year, $6-7 million deal than trade a second rounder and give Taylor a three year, $36 million deal (and he probably wants even more than that).

-------

The Dolphins screwed up by not drafting him in the first placep. Per reports, Taylor was the top choice of our RB coach. I was praying we would take him at 30, That spot ended up being Iggy.

------

While I have JT as a better RB than Cook, Cook may be a better fit both schematically and contract and acquisition-wise. The contract part is an assumption. I think Cook might eventually settle for a lower and shorter contract and we wouldn't have to trade for him. But JT is such a great runner. Before his injury I saw so many of the same blocking mistakes by the OL in Indy that were common in Miami. The difference was that JT negated those mistakes by himself and we didn't have a back who could do that.

-------
With all the guys Miami will have to extend coming up i have trouble understanding giving up assets to then pay a RB long term, even a really good one like Taylor

Need to invest the money going on OL than a running back especially at the 15 mil a year figure for JT. Miami is only good if tua can stay healthy. He needs better protection especially if reports of your ol line in training camp is true. Otherwise he will have a short career like luck.

Need to invest the money going on OL than a running back especially at the 15 mil a year figure for JT. Miami is only good if tua can stay healthy. He needs better protection especially if reports of your ol line in training camp is true. Otherwise he will have a short career like luck.
Agreed. Theyd be silly to spend big on Taylor or Jacobs, OL is crucial now and moving forward and can also help the run game with cheaper/retread HBs.

That said, if you can improve a position you still ought to. The RB room is pretty thin, so Cook makes the most sense, cheaper, no picks given up. Maybe theyre just trying to hold off, make HIM accept their 4m rather than pony up 7m, save a little.

He is indeed! He seems to know what he's doing, too! I haven't felt this good about a Dolphins coach since the days of Don Shula, may he rest in peace.
We've got Tua, we've got a WR room full of talent, we've got McDaniel and apparently we've got a defense. Give us an O-line and a bit of luck, and we can go all the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back