Teams Miami Dolphins - The Fins

Remove this Banner Ad

What's everyone thoughts on how the Fins are travelling atm.

Expectation should be to wrap up the division and at least get to divisional round with a minimum playoff win i would have thought. After that i suppose its up in the air.

AFC seems wide open though the Chiefs aint the formidable side i think they were.

Offence has slowed up past few weeks & they need to sort out the Time Management with play calling. Its cost us last year in the Buffalo playoff game and i seen it happen a few too many times where delay of game or timeouts wasted at crucial times because the play hasnt gone off.

What's everyone thoughts on how the Fins are travelling atm.

Expectation should be to wrap up the division and at least get to divisional round with a minimum playoff win i would have thought. After that i suppose its up in the air.

AFC seems wide open though the Chiefs aint the formidable side i think they were.

Offence has slowed up past few weeks & they need to sort out the Time Management with play calling. Its cost us last year in the Buffalo playoff game and i seen it happen a few too many times where delay of game or timeouts wasted at crucial times because the play hasnt gone off.

Really hard to gauge.
Feel like the team isn't showing up as a unit, rather just offence or defence each week. Confident the job still gets done each week though.
Need everyone to turn up to go far though

Really hard to gauge.
Feel like the team isn't showing up as a unit, rather just offence or defence each week. Confident the job still gets done each week though.
Need everyone to turn up to go far though
Yeah haven't had a complete game since Round 3 when we hammered Denver. Which doesn't look too bad now with Denver's recent form.

I will say though i have more confidence with them against the s**t teams then i used too especially at Home.

Even when in a pickle situation i never felt concerned we would get beat in those games at Home against Panthers, Raiders, Pats, Giants where we have given opponents head starts and been sloppy with Turn overs.

Past Miami teams would lose there way and would embarrass themselves to defeat.

Its probably all about beating the big boys and believing they can do it.

I didn't think i would see the day this deep into a season and Miami is number 1 seed AFC.

Still a lot of work to do in the final 5 weeks.

Must win the next 2 weeks against the Titans and Jets. There the 2 gimmes left in the season lock them up wrap the division and then
set themselves up for that tough final stretch against Dallas, Baltimore which may decide the number 1 seed & bogey side Buffalo.

bo5rc2hthu2pw7vfkhmj.jpg

I didn't think i would see the day this deep into a season and Miami is number 1 seed AFC.

Still a lot of work to do in the final 5 weeks.

Must win the next 2 weeks against the Titans and Jets. There the 2 gimmes left in the season lock them up wrap the division and then
set themselves up for that tough final stretch against Dallas, Baltimore which may decide the number 1 seed & bogey side Buffalo.

bo5rc2hthu2pw7vfkhmj.jpg

Have to win out the season as I don't see the ravens dropping a game, and we have them in the last week

Have to win out the season as I don't see the ravens dropping a game, and we have them in the last week
Look i think if we win the Ravens game - we should get top seed.

As we will have the H2H tie breaker over them even if we lose 1 game.

I think Jags are in trouble if Laurence is injured.

The chiefs will lurk around.

Might be benefical if the Bills beat them this week. For a bit more of a buffer with them.

But that Baltimore game is basically a 2 game swing. Win that you basically have the Ravens having to win all there remaining games and Miami would have to lose 2 other games for them to jump us.

And the real dolphins have finally arrived...
I think I know how stkilda fans feel
Well our record in prime time is generally poor.

We took it to another level with that loss.

I suppose we were waiting for a meltdown.

The play-calling all night was baffling.

Tyreek MVP chances has almost risen after that offence looked lost without him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The joys of being a dolphins fan.

Even when there good they still turn to s**t and implode.

Flat track bullies mainly and 2 disgraceful performances on the road against the 2 of the best AFC teams in Bills and Ravens show we truly are frauds.

Win today and the reward is another game against the bloody Bills next week.

Lose and the reward is heading to KC.

McDaniel's regime is basically going to be questioned across the next 2 weeks if we fail to get job done.

That final 3 mins against the Titans might end up being the most costly of 3 mins in Miami's history. If they had won that everyone could have been rested today fresh and ready to ambush Buffalo at home again next week. Instead they are going to have to do it 2 weeks straight.

I think Miami felt like they would beat Buffalo and face them again in the playoffs, so didnt want to show too much variation on offense, pull out the big plays. They kept running the same fake handoff counter pitch to Achane over and over and just used a handful of stock standard passing plays.
Play-calling was very negative after HT on Offense and looked like they were trying to protect a 7 point lead for the whole half.

I think McDaniel for all the positives he has brought still hasn't changed the soft underbelly in the tough and big moments. Prime-Time games are a perfect example we just can't handle the bright lights.

I think with all those games against Top teams this year the offense hasn't stood up when it needed. And been blown away too easily on the road by Baltimore and Buffalo.

Despite a playoff appearance again this year you would probably call it a fail which seems strange if they bow out next week as expected in KC. Considering the lack of playoffs in past 2 decades.

If they win well I think it's a satisfactory outcome for all involved and the season has been salvaged. No matters what happens after next week.

Right now though it feels like a wasted season after coughing up the division and 2nd seed considering the gap they had on Buffalo for most of the year.

Play-calling was very negative after HT on Offense and looked like they were trying to protect a 7 point lead for the whole half.

I think McDaniel for all the positives he has brought still hasn't changed the soft underbelly in the tough and big moments. Prime-Time games are a perfect example we just can't handle the bright lights.

I think with all those games against Top teams this year the offense hasn't stood up when it needed. And been blown away too easily on the road by Baltimore and Buffalo.

Despite a playoff appearance again this year you would probably call it a fail which seems strange if they bow out next week as expected in KC. Considering the lack of playoffs in past 2 decades.

If they win well I think it's a satisfactory outcome for all involved and the season has been salvaged. No matters what happens after next week.

Right now though it feels like a wasted season after coughing up the division and 2nd seed considering the gap they had on Buffalo for most of the year.
I don't like McDaniel"s hipster personality, hanming it up in interviews, seeking attention and personal hubris.

But he's tailored his system around Tagovailoa's strengths and weaknesses. The real problem on offense is Tua, very much a system QB, what's holding the offense back from being better. Too regimented.

If McDaniel had a more assured passer of the ball, the offense would look different.

I don't like McDaniel"s hipster personality, hanming it up in interviews, seeking attention and personal hubris.

But he's tailored his system around Tagovailoa's strengths and weaknesses. The real problem on offense is Tua, very much a system QB, what's holding the offense back from being better. Too regimented.

If McDaniel had a more assured passer of the ball, the offense would look different.
Tua limitations really come to the fore in games like last night when you see Josh Allen sneak through numerous times for a 4th and short. Or run the ball himself instead for Tua it being the last possible option and even then it seems throw it away.

Its not that he is soft or anything he just doesn't have that physical presence or mobility that other current QBs have and you probably need in the trenches. And the concussions haven't helped that unfortunately where i suppose they have to look after him from that stand point.

Especially as McDaniel is a risk taker he doesn't mind going for it a fair bit. But gee it would nice with a 4 and 1 to just bash your way through to a new set of downs with a QB that can sneak his way in or a play that keeps your offence on the field regularly.

Tua limitations really come to the fore in games like last night when you see Josh Allen sneak through numerous times for a 4th and short. Or run the ball himself instead for Tua it being the last possible option and even then it seems throw it away.

Its not that he is soft or anything he just doesn't have that physical presence or mobility that other current QBs have and you probably need in the trenches. And the concussions haven't helped that unfortunately where i suppose they have to look after him from that stand point.

Especially as McDaniel is a risk taker he doesn't mind going for it a fair bit. But gee it would nice with a 4 and 1 to just bash your way through to a new set of downs with a QB that can sneak his way in or a play that keeps your offence on the field regularly.
We should trade a late rounder for Trey Lance and try to develop him

That's a confirmed wasted season.

Another limp ending seen it many times with those 7/8 win seasons between 2009 and 2020. When they just crumbled in the last month.

Nothing much changed here just they had enough wins to get a wildcard spot and played an extra week.

McDaniel and Tua are under the pump for mine. Play calling was abysmal today and for the past month been average.

Tua hasn't stood up in any big game this year when required.

For all the records the offence had at the start of the year they never got going against any playoff teams. Probably was inflated by that 70 point game against Denver.

That Titans loss was a complete balls up by Fangio and the D in that last 5 mins though meant travelling to KC instead of resting blokes last week for a fresh tilt at home against Buffalo.

If the Dolphins HO have any balls, they need to trade away Tua for whatever and draft/sign/trade another one. His limitations as a passer are the reason this offense is so anemic and one-dimensional, and why McDaniel has to use heavy scheme motions and short hitches just to work around it, but will always get exposed against top teams and in the playoffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back