Toast Max Holmes extends his contract for four years.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what it says, will listen to it shortly

I was listening to it this morning. The thing that struck me was how much his family was upset by missing. ...and I wondered how much of that was his mum coming from an individuals sport pov played into that.

My bet is this contract that Max has just sign probably goes way past his mum earnings ... probably says something about Olympic sports.

We didn’t overpay- that’s about right. We were right not to play him in 2022 gf. He will get his chances. If sen don’t understand he’s worth that - that’s their lack of due diligence. Well done to him and the club.

We didn’t overpay- that’s about right. We were right not to play him in 2022 gf. He will get his chances. If sen don’t understand he’s worth that - that’s their lack of due diligence. Well done to him and the club.
Typical attempt at trying to put a dampner on everything Geelong.

Media: He's being offered 1mill+ at several clubs, it's hard to see how the Cats keep him.

Also media: Geelong can't afford to lose Holmes. He's the best young talent they have and is key to the clubs future, his departure would be massive setback.

Post signing

Also, also media: Yeah, it's good that he signed...but is he really worth it?

He admits himself that he is struggling with the cap inflation. Just shows he is not that close to it. 5 clubs interested ..and my bet is they all offered more than he signed for with us.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a club that was offering somewhere near the million, especially the MCG clubs with the wide open spaces as he could literally be the difference to a side getting into and winning a grand final which I hope will be us this year with Holmsey winning the Norm Smith...... we live and dream! GO CATS

Typical attempt at trying to put a dampner on everything Geelong.

Media: He's being offered 1mill+ at several clubs, it's hard to see how the Cats keep him.

Also media: Geelong can't afford to lose Holmes. He's the best young talent they have and is key to the clubs future, his departure would be massive setback.

Post signing

Also, also media: Yeah, it's good that he signed...but is he really worth it?
Spot on.

Yeh that's not well. I do remember cringing at that actually. If he had turned it around straight away and congratulated him for his contributions then he may have gotten out of that one. I've been in a similar situation myself on a very low level after a flag win I was dropped for. Still eats me up!

This ... I love Holmes and i am gutted he missed a medal but 2011 (Coll) GF and 22 (Sydney) GF shows what happens if you take a risk with a players who may not be 100%.

I am 100% certain if we could go back in time with hindsight both Coll and Sydney MC would leave those 2 players out.

This ... I love Holmes and i am gutted he missed a medal but 2011 (Coll) GF and 22 (Sydney) GF shows what happens if you take a risk with a players who may not be 100%.

I am 100% certain if we could go back in time with hindsight both Coll and Sydney MC would leave those 2 players out.

Us in 2008 - wasn't Stokes under an injury cloud for the GF, and he didn't end up having the best of matches

Yeh that's not well. I do remember cringing at that actually. If he had turned it around straight away and congratulated him for his contributions then he may have gotten out of that one. I've been in a similar situation myself on a very low level after a flag win I was dropped for. Still eats me up!
I've been on the other end. Where you gotta pick who misses. It eats you. He still got a medallion, but I'm sure he probably tossed it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back