Toast Max Holmes extends his contract for four years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol at the Hawthorn supporters thinking he was going there. Check out their thread, it's a good laugh.

Convinced they were getting all of Holmes, Smith, Sam Taylor, & McCluggage simply because they had the money.

Much like Cogs & Lynch, their ITK 'sources' are a mile off yet again.

Low and behold, money means nothing when you're not winning games...but they don't seem to learn.

Lol at the Hawthorn supporters thinking he was going there. Check out their thread, it's a good laugh.

Convinced they were getting all of Holmes, Smith, Sam Taylor, & McCluggage simply because they had the money.

Low and behold, money means nothing when you're not winning games...but they don't seem to learn.
Sorry, please fulfil your post-hawk board quarantine before we allow you to re-enter.

1697620072662 (1).gif

Wouldn't the Bulldogs love to be as effective as Geelong at re-signings and keeping all the sh*te out of the news which fuels rumours, distraction and discontent
What brilliant club - any wonder we are a destination place

Lo and behold, money means nothing when you're not winning games...but they don't seem to learn.
Norf board pretty salty too they think we are paying outside the cap …might want to remind them what a winning culture can do for retention

I was a little worried about Holmes a few weeks back. We played our first home game in front of 40k or so. At the end of the game he was interviewed with Stewart who mentioned the size of the crowd (40k) and I saw Holmes raise his eyebrows (as thought to say it’s only 40k mate…) Paranoid me thought that the Pies had said to him he could play in front of 90k each week (they probably did).

Anyway, my weeks of staying up anguishing over those raise eyebrows have been misplaced. Turns out 40k fans is enough for Max!

What a club, huge signing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, given all the talk about Max going here or there, I never had any doubts he would stay at Geelong.

I did, but solely because of the 2022 GF stuff which was no doubt very hurtful for Max and his family (despite being the correct, conservative decision for the club).

I remember seeing Max on the Sunday Footy Show last season and he was asked about other clubs chasing him, he laughed and said something along the lines of 'I'm contracted next year so I don't know why it's a story.' It got me a bit paranoid as I would have liked him to have added 'and I love the club and I don't wanna be anywhere else...'

That said, I've been paying close attention to him this year and he is just so invested on the field. He celebrates a good piece of play by a teammate as much as anyone. And it's clear via his social media that he's very close with Ollie Henry and Gryan, both of whom are very likely Cats for life.

I am absolutely thrilled by this news, and think there's a very realistic chance that by the end of his contract, Max is our captain.

I did, but solely because of the 2022 GF stuff which was no doubt very hurtful for Max and his family (despite being the correct, conservative decision for the club).

I remember seeing Max on the Sunday Footy Show last season and he was asked about other clubs chasing him, he laughed and said something along the lines of 'I'm contracted next year so I don't know why it's a story.' It got me a bit paranoid as I would have liked him to have added 'and I love the club and I don't wanna be anywhere else...'

That said, I've been paying close attention to him this year and he is just so invested on the field. He celebrates a good piece of play by a teammate as much as anyone. And it's clear via his social media that he's very close with Ollie Henry and Gryan, both of whom are very likely Cats for life.

I am absolutely thrilled by this news, and think there's a very realistic chance that by the end of his contract, Max is our captain.
Love that post, but I'm tipping Zac Guthrie as our next skipper?

My favourite player. This news has made my week. Can’t wait to see what he becomes over at least the next 4 years (and hopefully many more in the hoops). Genuine elite top 10 player in the comp written all over him.

A 6-0 start to the season and the young players coming through no doubt help convince Max there is another Cats flag not to far away bet Bailey Smith is thinking the same tonight to with that signing.

I blame catempire for this. Now the club is delivering name puns.
Spreading like a virus.

Sending Off Red Card GIF by Football Australia
better than rhyming nicknames :winkv1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back