Toast Max Holmes extends his contract for four years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruhn
Holmes
Clark
Dempsey
SDK
Henry
Conway
Neale
O'Sullivan

Stengle
Miers
Close
Zuthrie
Bowes
JHenry

If we can keep this group together, and dare I say add a Bailey Smith, an Archie Perkins, or just another couple of early picks, we could witness something special, and it begins this year.

Very exciting time to be a supporter of this great club.

Norf board pretty salty too they think we are paying outside the cap …might want to remind them what a winning culture can do for retention
North's next win........

big cards with the words to the song...

When the club was giving out the signed jumpers as a thank you to members for sticking it out through Covid, mine was about 4 sizes to small and signed by a first year player by the name of Max Holmes.
I swapped it with on of Mums friends for one in my size signed by perpetually injured Collingwood player, Nathan Kreuger.

I might have made a slight error in judgement on that one

When the club was giving out the signed jumpers as a thank you to members for sticking it out through Covid, mine was about 4 sizes to small and signed by a first year player by the name of Max Holmes.
I swapped it with on of Mums friends for one in my size signed by perpetually injured Collingwood player, Nathan Kreuger.

I might have made a slight error in judgement on that one
My father in law got a Max Holmes one as well. Meanwhile I got Francis Evans rip me.

Great news.

A very important re-signing.

Not many guys in the comp can do what he does and he’s only going to get better.

And by all reports we didn’t overpay to keep him.

Heard circa 700k.
Worth every last $ just to see him burn off all comers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon outside the obvious answer of Stewy, Tanner would be my pick.
Also with Stewart, really depends on how long Danger stays. Should we win it this year, and no way did I perceive that possibility 6 months ago, but I could see he and Hawk retiring.

Great news. Had to lock in Max. Genuine A grade mid field talent with line breaking speed. They are rare.

Would have been serious money offered by Collingwood and others.

No matter how this season works out, we have a very talented list that needs to be retained. Be great to extend others to at least 2028.

Last edited:
750k is a great deal for us in this day and age.
Bargain.
Credit to Costa, Cook, Scott and the whole club. Created such a good culture and environment for players they will take unders in terms of contract to stay with or join the club. (Proximity to surf beaches and good fishing spots is pretty handy as well!)

Last edited:
Pep in the step waking up to this...

Hell yeah.

And Credit to dangerwood who called this a month ago and was bang on the money.

GO Catters

If this reported $3 million for 4 years is on the money then this is a huge result for the club because Max would have never signed for this deal without having deep discussions with the club. Been saying for awhile now that our current younger players aged 18yo to 25yo are the best collective group in that age group at the club since 2003 and for those that remember back far enough it was the players back in those earlier times that set the example because if you wanted to win premierships you couldn't have a number of the top players and future top players demanding big money, it just stuffs the whole system.

So I'm sure Max sees the 'big picture' into the future for our younger age group of Pussy Cats which he already appears to be getting on great with and by Max setting the standard by accepting a 'well below' market price 4 year contract that he's letting the rest of the younger brigade know of which his good mates with anyway, to jump on board and to follow in his footsteps when it comes to recontracting at the club.

Selwood and Hawkins having been doing this for years and it just sets the example to everyone else which then allows us to compete year on year but in order to constantly give ourselves a greater chance of winning premierships and 'beating the system' it requires 'big sacrifices' to all and sundry at the club. So thanks so much Max for playing your part and doing what you have done, it was selfless gesture by your good-self in regards to your new $3 million x 4 year contract extension as goodness knows how much money some other clubs would have been offering and throwing at you. But you've set the example and led the way and I dare say this action along with other selfless acts that you will no doubt set at the club,....... may very well lead to you one day being captain of the this 'awesome bloody club'. GO CATS

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back