Manchester United: Where to next?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd take Tuchel. His rep for being hard to work with does worry me though, and I'm not 100% convinced he's the right profile for where the team currently is. However I think he's clearly the best available candidate.
For Tuchel to work you need to have a decent squad already, United are just about to gut the place aren't they?

Plus he's a sugar hit manager for a season or 2. You guys need to be thinking long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

INEOS won’t factor that into consideration when deciding who should be manager and nor should they.

In theory no . But if ETH oversaw Utd get humiliated 6-1 by City in the FA Cup final it's much easier to fire him than if Utd pull of an upset and win it.

For Tuchel to work you need to have a decent squad already, United are just about to gut the place aren't they?

Plus he's a sugar hit manager for a season or 2. You guys need to be thinking long term.

That's my concern for sure. I'd prefer someone who is more suited for that 'project' but Tuchel is the best (realistic) name we've been linked with so far.

Any transfer fee for Greenwood would be banked as pure profit but United's valuation at £40-45 million is probably too high given that he's unlikely to play Premier League again.

Sancho is another story. I can see him playing PL again but not for United. They will likely take a big hit on the £73 million they paid for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back