Manchester United thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would think maybe Blind and Mkhitaryan are possibilities for subs at half time

Best team won really as they had all the answers. Embarrassing with the quality we had on the pitch that we ended up playing hoofball.
Their defenders and goal keeper were shitting themselves so it was a good move.

Add in running from Rashford and the full backs we stretched them very wide.

Our attacking was varied until the players ran out of puff

It was a good move initially but they adjusted and we ended up being predictable in attack.
If we started out with a 4-3-3 i think we would have won.

We made pep park a bus big time and other teams will see that Bravo and Stones are a massive weakness for them.

It was a good move initially but they adjusted and we ended up being predictable in attack.

Because Rooney is shit.

He can't move the ball in an attacking creative fashion. And who lets him hit corners ffs?
And Pogba was largely ineffective.
Herrera was very good when he came on, quite liked Valencia and Rashford looks dangerous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because Rooney is shit.

He can't move the ball in an attacking creative fashion. And who lets him hit corners ffs?
And Pogba was largely ineffective.
Herrera was very good when he came on, quite liked Valencia and Rashford looks dangerous.

Definitely. Cant wait for him to be moved on. Herrera was excellent. Hopefully, he starts more games.

Learn from the mistakes and move on.

City are a level above right now, but we can close the gap.

Pogba also needs to start influencing games games more.

We beat them last season at their ground with the worst United side I had seen in near 30 years.

I would not say City are a level above us right now.

We were at home. They had no Aguero. It was a game we should have taken on.

Unfortunately they looked sharper, hungrier and more determined than we did and that comes partly down to attitude.

We did not look as interested as them in the first half and Pogba was a classic example of a guy who had no urgency.

Shit result but there are some things to take into account for the next big match.

- Our pressing was shite. We need to do it as a team rather than a couple of individuals at a time.
- Pogba needs to be more disciplined and not jog around where he likes. He was out of position several times last night. But tbf, he's not able to play to his potential in a midfield 2 just yet.
- Start our better players. Looking back, we started Lingard who hasn't played since the CS and a fragile Miki who hasn't got enough confidence yet.
Rashford is a big game player, even at this stage of the career. Martial needs to keep playing to discover last season's form.
- Start with 4-3-3. We will get run over in midfield against Chelsea and perhaps Arsenal if there's only Pogba and Fellaini. They're not mobile enough to deal
with the constant movement of the opposition. Herrera must play, he shows tenacity, passion and actually understands the situation.
- Rooney can GAGF. He is not a no.10, he's not a winger, he can't play in central midfield, and he's behind Ibra/Rashford/Martial as a striker.
- Play like the home team. Parking the bus in the opening half hour was pathetic. Take it up to them. Felt like we were playing at Wastelands.

I don't think our performances will really change until Rooney is out. Yeah he has scored a couple of goals and had some assists this season but he breaks down our attacks every bloody time. We need to move on from him, he isn't in our best 11.

Obviously nothing will be done this season as he is captain and will start every game when fit, it's just wrong, he is doing more harm than good to our side.

Miki I don't think was fully fit and probably should have been used as a sub in such a high intensity game.

Why Lingard played is beyond me.

Blind for Smalling and I'd persist with Miki because he needs the game time, Martial for Lingard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back