Traded Luke Jackson [Traded with #44 and #67 to Fremantle for #13, F1 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jackson dominating freo's intra club today. Not bad for a guy who had shown nothing prior to last year and was nothing other than a 2nd ruck. :) Could Freo fans have been any more wrong about someone?

The ironic thing is that Freo fans would be livid if they traded him for #13, a F2 and a F1 (which at the time was expected to be a pick in the teens).

sam winchester yawn GIF

Fremantle and winning the pre-season.

Name a more iconic duo.

Jackson dominating freo's intra club today. Not bad for a guy who had shown nothing prior to last year and was nothing other than a 2nd ruck. :) Could Freo fans have been any more wrong about someone?

The ironic thing is that Freo fans would be livid if they traded him for #13, a F2 and a F1 (which at the time was expected to be a pick in the teens).

Let it go mate

You seriously are having separation issues

Not our fault you couldn't get him to kick goals, he is already twice the player he was at the demons, fingers crossed he is 5x that player by careers end 🤞🤞

Jackson was always going to be a gun and a great get for Freo. Not only hugely talented but also a massive work rate off the field. As I’ve said he’ll be a better ruck than Darcy. But with his athleticism he can also play forward.
I’m not surprised he’s better now than he was at Melbourne. I mean he was only 2 years in when he had his best year at Melbourne in a premiership team. It was doubtful he peaked lol.

err no. he was this good at Melbourne. but just stuck behind Gawn. I wanted 3 firsts or 2 in the top 5. that has now been justified. I was ahead of the curve.

The misread on Jackson by freo fans was embarassing. 3 months of 'oh Jackson has done nothing, it's potential only', 'omg, we paid so much for a 2nd ruck'. what a total misread.

I also said he was better than Darcy. Got laughed at. Well yeah, got that right too. Freo gotta trade Darcy or risk putting Jackson forward and ruining his impact.
Fremantle didn't trade Darcy though.

Got that one wrong mate. It's OK. Just own it.

Come out and say: woops - I got the trades wrong.

Never been any dispute over Jackson's talent in my eyes

The issue has always been whether 2 very highly paid gun rucks is a good list management call

Freo should be pushing top 4 with the talent on their list, remains to be seen if they've got it right or not
I've always said Jackson is either a ruck or a fulltime midfielder. At the moment he's being used up forward which I think is a mistake.

Never been any dispute over Jackson's talent in my eyes

The issue has always been whether 2 very highly paid gun rucks is a good list management call

Freo should be pushing top 4 with the talent on their list, remains to be seen if they've got it right or not
nah - bottom 3 for list profile but I think they can continue to punch above their weight.

Middle 6 would be a fair result.

1708146694415.png

September is a good song. I like it.

Are you randomly bumping threads?
this is no random thread. I spent 4 months defending Jackson against freo fans who slammed him time and time again for being 'only a 2nd ruck', 'has shown nothing' etc. Or in your case 'doesn't fill a need'. Now, he's turned into your best player and your fans are calling him dogga which is a little cringe considering that's the nickname his dees team mates gave him. So this is no random thread bump.

The complete inability for freo fans to realise that Jackson was simply a 2nd ruck because he was stuck behind one of the all time greats in Max Gawn was astonishing.

Even more astonishing that West Coast didn't chase him as a Naitabui replacement.

this is no random thread. I spent 4 months defending Jackson against freo fans who slammed him time and time again for being 'only a 2nd ruck', 'has shown nothing' etc. Or in your case 'doesn't fill a need'. Now, he's turned into your best player and your fans are calling him dogga which is a little cringe considering that's the nickname his dees team mates gave him. So this is no random thread bump.

The complete inability for freo fans to realise that Jackson was simply a 2nd ruck because he was stuck behind one of the all time greats in Max Gawn was astonishing.

Even more astonishing that West Coast didn't chase him as a Naitabui replacement.
Man, what are you on about?

He interviewed with West Coast. They went hard at him.

Here.... I'll post what he said so you don't get it completely wrong again.

1708148032371.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you missing the parts where I and others told you we would drop down the ladder in 23 and gave you the reasoning for it, which you refused to believe but eventuated?
I don't remember this. but there's finishing lower and there's finishing low. Jackson should've netted a top 5 pick and another in the top 10.

WCE need everything. Not just mids. Plus Jackson is essentially a mid anyway.
WCE need pure mids.

If the past 20 years have taught us anything, a dominant ruckman will only get you so far.

Absolutely not worth what WCE would've have to give up, considering it'd have cost us pick 2 at least, meaning we miss out on Ginbey and Hewett, just to begin with.

I'm not sure how needing 'everything' then justifies giving up 3 first round picks.

That's the exact opposite of what a club needing 'everything' should be doing.

WCE need pure mids.

If the past 20 years have taught us anything, a dominant ruckman will only get you so far.

Absolutely not worth what WCE would've have to give up, considering it'd have cost us pick 2 at least, meaning we miss out on Ginbey and Hewett, just to begin with.

I'm not sure how needing 'everything' then justifies giving up 3 first round picks.

That's the exact opposite of what a club needing 'everything' should be doing.
I don't think it'd be 3 first round picks. not if one of them is a decent top 5 pick. I would've preferred 1 pick in the top 5 then the trash Freo dished up. Thankfully, we got pick 7 out of it but still, with a talent like Jackson we should've been able to net a top 5 pick or top 3 pick minimum.

I guess the real test will be seeing how Ginbey and Hewett develop.

I don't remember this. but there's finishing lower and there's finishing low. Jackson should've netted a top 5 pick and another in the top 10.

Of course you don't.. It was said a lot. You are talking about Jackson like he had Judd level exposed form. At the time you were repeatedly told there was a strong chance we would drop and we dropped significantly.

Could he turn into a brilliant player worth what we paid in a trade? Yes.
Could he turn into a bargain for us? That is a bigger hill to climb, but, there is a chance.
Could you have gotten the best of the trade in the long run? Possibly.

When looked at in isolation both sides probably wanted more. It is usually a sign of a relatively fair trade.

Personally, I hope he stays as second ruck as he hasn't got the strength to go with the big boys but can wreak havoc with licence to roam.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back