Player Watch Lachie Sullivan

Remove this Banner Ad

great first up game, my only criticism, from the comfort of my couch i made add, is that it appeared on some occasions his attempted tackling was nothing more then an outstretched arm and not willing to put his body into it
He had to let some get through. Otherwise Naicos probably would’ve missed out on another medal 😜

Imagine debuting in front of that crowd and the MCG. I reckon it wouldn't matter what happens from now on, he will take that to his grave.
And the celebration of his goal. That's got to make you smile whenever you think of it. Even McRae and Nick on the bench went into nuffie fan mode.

He's been a great pickup considering our current position with Mitch and Tay.

Now to claim his spot.
Lachie to give the welcome to the club to our draftees each year - best person to discuss how lucky the new draftees are to be on an AFL list and how much they should cherish the honour and put all effort into being their best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, one of the best wet weather players that I've seen - that include talls and smalls.
D.Cloke: was standing on heads for marks & jumping tall buildings vs Collingwood in 1980 GF

Sadly, when he tsf'd across to us he could barely jump over a jam tin

He's going to challenge to be in our best 22/23 by end of the year and the perfect medium term replacement for Adams/Mitchell. Unbelievable it has taken him this long to make a list, Dogs with Libbas concussion problems may regret not adding him.

I think there's going to be a question on whether we need a dedicated inside mid at some point, given how good we look with the better runners, ball users like Nick, Crisp, Pendles in the centre square (even Beau looked good briefly).

If we do decide we need/want one then I think any time Mitchell is not 100% we should be playing Sullivan. Inside mid is a key role and requires experience at the level. If Sullivan may be called upon come finals, he needs to get a decent number of games through the season. Last year we persevered with Mitchell through some significant flat spots and I felt it hurt us.

I think there's going to be a question on whether we need a dedicated inside mid at some point, given how good we look with the better runners, ball users like Nick, Crisp, Pendles in the centre square (even Beau looked good briefly).

If we do decide we need/want one then I think any time Mitchell is not 100% we should be playing Sullivan. Inside mid is a key role and requires experience at the level. If Sullivan may be called upon come finals, he needs to get a decent number of games through the season. Last year we persevered with Mitchell through some significant flat spots and I felt it hurt us.
Sullivan can play as a pressure forward so don’t see any reason for us to drop him out of the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back