Player Watch Lachie Sullivan

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely bloody love mature age stories like his, just shows how many good players are in the state leagues, just need some luck to break into a list.

Thought he was pretty solid overall, should start next week with De Goey and Mitchell in doubt. Will make selection interesting if he cements himself in the side.

His first possession first goal at AFL level, I think it was the turning point last night. The boys were pumped, the fan base was pumped, and it just totally turned the momentum around.

There's been a lot of great moments over the last three years but that mightve been my favourite.

Was a bit of good fortune for him to come on so early as Mccreery was proving to be a bit of a revelation in his first real game as a midfielder…but when you’re 26 and have been ignored all career you deserve a bit of luck!

Brilliant game from Sullivan… tbh I didn’t notice a lot of the work he did in the clinches and score involvements and might need to watch again😂

His first possession first goal at AFL level, I think it was the turning point last night. The boys were pumped, the fan base was pumped, and it just totally turned the momentum around.

There's been a lot of great moments over the last three years but that mightve been my favourite.
Thought the same.
That goal was a spark that lifted the whole team.
Absolute momentum changing moment.

In just that one possession he looked like he belonged.

Good debut game from him. Showed all his attributes I think (although I think he has more to show around contested 'bull' work). Don't think he will ever be a 22 lock, but good borderline contributor into the midfield at times

great first up game, my only criticism, from the comfort of my couch i might add, is that it appeared on some occasions his attempted tackling was nothing more then an outstretched arm and not willing to put his body into it

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the story and the goal. Was a really solid debut. Will be interesting to see how far he can take it. Too early to take too much from it, like HH a good step and he will need more to cement a spot but loved it last night.

Imagine debuting in front of that crowd and the MCG. I reckon it wouldn't matter what happens from now on, he will take that to his grave.
100%

Love the story and the goal. Was a really solid debut. Will be interesting to see how far he can take it. Too early to take too much from it, like HH a good step and he will need more to cement a spot but loved it last night.
Harvey was the one who passed the ball to Lachie to give him his goal. Harvey was the one who knocked the ball to Nick to win the match.

I'm watching the replay today specifically to watch Harvey, as I'm sure he was instrumental in many other 'moments'. That will cement his spot in the side. He's a smart footballer, imo.

This guy can play. First game. Big big rivalry game. 88,000 fans. MCG. Pressure pressure pressure all night. He looked comfortable and at home. I'm making the call now. If we play in the GF, he'll be in the 23.

Harvey was the one who passed the ball to Lachie to give him his goal. Harvey was the one who knocked the ball to Nick to win the match.

I'm watching the replay today specifically to watch Harvey, as I'm sure he was instrumental in many other 'moments'. That will cement his spot in the side. He's a smart footballer, imo.
Yes, he's a natural, instinctive crumber - he just gets to dangerous spots.
He's fast and strong too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back