Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

He will be fine, but we overpaid massively for him. If you want someone to provide mainly forward line pressure, you draft a player like Richards or Harrison.

If you want a potential match winning forward, then you trade away a second and first round pick.
No, we overpaid for him, massively overpaying is Lachy Weller for pick two! Big difference, make the distinction.

Based purely on 2024 output?

Ginni has 10 goals and Schultz 9

Schultz probably has more pressure acts? But within the context of:

• Would have cost us zero to keep Ginni
  • Schultz has cost us two first rounders

I can completely understand why some wouldn't see Schultz as an upgrade

I would wager that the majority of the negative perception of Schultz comes from what he cost in combination with his output.
Did you legit just use goals kicked as a definition of output?!?!?!

If you’re going to use that as a metric….i honestly can’t help you.

Has done nothing to convince me that trading away top draft picks for him has produced any benefit. The idea of winning games of football is kicking more goals than the opposition. So he commits more pressure points than the younger Ginnivan who we gave away to Hawthorn for virtually nothing. Buckley always seemed to be crazy about defensive forwards. So what? Ginnivan has more goals. Richards achieved more in one quarter than Schultz has in the season to date. Meanwhile we're crying out for tall marking forwards that our club appears to have an aversion into recruiting. What is it about this club in not wanting to recruit any tall forwards? Could someone please address this question to Derek Hine?
I’d suggest you actually watch footy mate. Rather than look at stats.
Goals are generated by a numerous amount of things.

Who ends up the kicking the goal is pointless.
Most goals are kicked because a player up field does something that is unrewarded and often un noticed.

Maybe look at how many times Gini fell into that category vs shooter.

At Fremantle over the last couple of seasons he was probably close to the No.1 banana when it came to their small forwards.

At Collingwood he's not only still learning our system he would have players like Elliott and Hill drawing a lot of ball away from him. Obviously this scenario can come with some possible advantages and he finds himself getting less attention from the opposition or a lower calibre opponent.

With no Mihocek, Elliott or McCreery as targets this week it'll be interesting to see if more ball is directed his way and his scoreboard impact reflects it.

Did you legit just use goals kicked as a definition of output?!?!?!

If you’re going to use that as a metric….i honestly can’t help you.

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not

You’ve moved on to a new partner and so has your ex.
Yet you’re still lamenting the fact you’ve broken up.
Focus on looking out the windscreen, not the rear view mirror.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ve moved on to a new partner and so has your ex.
Yet you’re still lamenting the fact you’ve broken up.
Focus on looking out the windscreen, not the rear view mirror.
They’re also focussing on the wrong ex, Adams is the one Schultz replaced Ginnivan was just a temporary rebound.

Can’t use goals kicked as a metric to judge a forward? Wait, what?!?!?!
Dnaiel Menzel was going at the elite figure of 2 goals a game when he got cut and noone else picked him up - and the game has shifted even further away from getting on the end of goals being enough.

It's definitely not the only metric and shouldn't be. If it was, Cox would not have been playing as a forward for large chunks of his time this season. Sometimes goals are the cherry on top for some players.

It's definitely not the only metric and shouldn't be. If it was, Cox would not have been playing as a forward for large chunks of his time this season. Sometimes goals are the cherry on top for some players.

Most goals are team goals.

It really depends on how goals are kicked and what else the player contributes.

Which was always going to blow out. I think it ended up pick 39, which we probably would have traded during the draft for a future pick.

It's time for you embrace modern football. Peter Hudson would more than likely be player VFL if he was playing today.

Has done nothing to convince me that trading away top draft picks for him has produced any benefit. The idea of winning games of football is kicking more goals than the opposition. So he commits more pressure points than the younger Ginnivan who we gave away to Hawthorn for virtually nothing. Buckley always seemed to be crazy about defensive forwards. So what? Ginnivan has more goals. Richards achieved more in one quarter than Schultz has in the season to date. Meanwhile we're crying out for tall marking forwards that our club appears to have an aversion into recruiting. What is it about this club in not wanting to recruit any tall forwards? Could someone please address this question to Derek Hine?
Ginnivan casually loping around is a vast contrast to the manic effort of Schultz, in terms of fwd pressure.
The extra goal Ginnivan has kicked this year is irrelevant when compared to Shultz's pressure acts.

Krueger, McStay, AJ are all tall forwards recruited in that few years - so I have no idea what you're on about.
If they were all fit and firing people would be complaining we have to many.

Last edited:
This is a very antiquated post

And I thought Buckley was your hero

Richards was shit under your metric. In a game where we absolutely dominated he played forward and only kicked 1 goal. Schultz is going at more than that even including games we were shit.

Richards was s**t under your metric. In a game where we absolutely dominated he played forward and only kicked 1 goal. Schultz is going at more than that even including games we were s**t.
It's getting to the stage where it's not worth trying to explain things to some people. Sometimes you can take the boy out of the 80's but you can't take the 80's out of the boy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back