Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

We overpaid. Only the blind can't see that.

It takes a guy with supreme footy smarts to be able to make these calls 4 rounds in.

We're lucky to have you because now we all know how to think about this. :thumbsu:

didn't he want to leave Freo similar to ollie Henry wanting to leave us?
We wanted Schultz and were prepared to pay.
We wanted to keep Henry but knew he didn’t want to stay.

I’m sure you could have done better.

It takes a guy with supreme footy smarts to be able to make these calls 4 rounds in.

We're lucky to have you because now we all know how to think about this. :thumbsu:
The good news is that we have no shortage of BF candidates should Wright not return.

We overpaid. Only the blind can't see that.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody’s got one.

At the end of the day he’s here now and the trade is ancient history . If he turns out to be the player the club expects him to be (which he’s starting toshowing signs of) it’s irrelevant what we paid to get him. If he doesn’t, then the mistake was not the trade itself but that we traded for him at all.

Draft picks picks don’t win premierships. Players win premierships. We only need to look at some of our recent trade debacles as evidence that you can quickly overcome these perceived or assumed trade night losses.

Last edited:
I could have done better?

didn't know I was part of our recruiting team.

Stop being a smart arse with every comment.
Sounds like you should be, given you always have all the answers.

ha ha, coming from you that's rich. Keep the smart arse comments coming. 60 thousand posts from you that are all crap.
Thanks so much for your kindness.

Perhaps you can elaborate on your earlier post comparing the trades of Schulz and Henry.

Or was it just a smart arse comment?

Thanks so much for your kindness.

Perhaps you can elaborate on your earlier post comparing the trades of Schulz and Henry.

Or was it just a smart arse comment?
kindness?. something you could learn.

Now back to the discussion.

I see very little difference between Schultz and Henrys value and trade situation.

Ollie wanted out of the Pies and Geelong wanted him. We got very little in return.

Schultz wanted out of Freo, Pies wanted him. Paid a lot more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see very little difference between Schultz and Henrys value and trade situation.

Ollie wanted out of the Pies and Geelong wanted him. We got very little in return.

Thanks for your in-depth analysis.

dont reply with any more smart arse comments. You just cant help yourself can you?
Still waiting for you to explain what the Henry trade has to do with the Schultz trade.

They didn’t even happen in the same trading period!

1 was contracted, 1 wasn’t.

It's a bit of a slap in the face when you consider what we gave up for Schultz versus what we received for Ollie Henry, particularly when comparing the respective contributions each would be capable of giving to our side.
What about how much we paid for Bobby Hill?
He won a Norm Smith medal in a flag winning side.

That was Bobby Hill not Ollie Henry. Personally, if I had to pick between the two, I would take Ollie because he fills more of a need in the forward line and he is going to be an absolute star.
The Henry and Hill trades happened in the same trading period, so it’s reasonable to compare them.

Surely we should be comparing the Schultz and Ginnavin trades. Effectively we turned Ginnivan into Schultz.

The question is, was it worth it?

We won’t know the answer for a little while longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back