Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally they confirmed no support for Firestick yet. Can't get ETA on when will happen.

Downloaded the latest Kayo App on TV (previously unresolved error with TV, which is why I purchased a Firestick) and it was working but still can't select 4K.

They said it should work on TV but I am not convunced it is supported. TV is TCL 55C745 4k running Google TV 8.0 (think it is same as Android TV?)
I have a Hisense TV model that their website lists as being supported, but 4k does not work for me. Internet speed is absolutely fine too.

Tried contacting support, said as much as what I said above… their response was to check my TV model and see if the issue persists 🙃

I don't know if anyone else is as dumb as me, but the issue I had was simply that I was on the lowest tier - the naming of their tiers threw me, I didn't realise "basic" was actually the higher tier package.

I have a Hisense TV model that their website lists as being supported, but 4k does not work for me. Internet speed is absolutely fine too.

Tried contacting support, said as much as what I said above… their response was to check my TV model and see if the issue persists 🙃
Very frustrating.

Took about 6 emails for support to finally admit there was no support yet for Firestick, even with my direct questions. Who knows if or when support will be available.

What I don't get is how hard is it? Netflix, Prime etc have none of these issues, 4K available on TV & Firestick. Hell I can even watch 4K on youtube.

I think they went live with a half baked solution & changed pricing to gouge maximum $$$ in time for AFL/NRL season starts.

I don't know if anyone else is as dumb as me, but the issue I had was simply that I was on the lowest tier - the naming of their tiers threw me, I didn't realise "basic" was actually the higher tier package.
Yeah, should be Basic and Premium.

I am paying the $35 but still no 4K support for Firestick. Will change to the $25 plan if I don't get 4K soon. The HD is actually quite decent now anyway and I am not sure I really want to see Robbo's face in 4K!

Caught some of the Carlton/Brisbane game in 4K on a TCL. It might not be noticed by some people but I noticed a bit of choppiness which I had never noticed in 1080p. Most noticeable on the wide pan shots with the ball moving through the air. Could the TV be causing this?

I’ve decided to give the new Hubbl box a try and with that includes going all in Kayo. I’ve been a Foxtel subscriber before this and the Stack and Save option is looking like a good money saver, especially when combining Netflix.

So far, I’ve no zero issues streaming live games in either 1080p or 4K. Yes, the 7 games aren’t upscaled to 4K for Kayo but they’ve been of equal HD quality to Foxtel box and the 4K looks just as good.

Last edited:
4K seems to work fine via the Hubbl 'puck'.
Though I was surprised when I pressed the Kayo button on the remote and it didn't bring up the Kayo 'app'; just a different Hubbl screen with Kayo content if that makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS v North game has been awful to watch - constant cutouts / stuttering etc, wondering if it's a transmission issue as everything else on Kayo seems to be ok...

I was enjoying the footy in 4k and could definitely see the step up. But I just switched over to the NRL. It looks next level amazing in ultra HD. I think the close in camera angles required to broadcast rugby league just make the 4k sing.

I keep thinking that as well, the rugby league looks incredible in 4k. I can notice a difference watching F1. With AFL? Weirdly it's almost the 4k games on 1080 devices (my laptop and my phone) that seem to look better - I don't know if that makes sense though, I don't know how the broadcast technology works.

Geez just when you thought Kayo couldn’t get any worse. 4K is an absolute dogs breakfast.
I’m getting 78Mbps down and buffering every 5 seconds. It’s completely unusable
Same thing here. Actually had to turn off 4K in settings to avoid the constant 1-2 second buffers every 10 seconds.
On decent enough internet as well (75mbps FTTP).

Geez just when you thought Kayo couldn’t get any worse. 4K is an absolute dogs breakfast.
I’m getting 78Mbps down and buffering every 5 seconds. It’s completely unusable

I'm always willing to add my 2c when Kayo plays up but this weekend it's been all but flawless for me with only a bit of buffering when I started the Dees Dogs game. 4k looks great.

I've tried out the SEN app today which now has a sync function for radio broadcasts & that also has worked well. I hadn't used the SEN app for sometime as it was dogshit (& that's being kind) but looks like they've sorted out it's issues.

Nothing to complain about, weird feeling...

I'm always willing to add my 2c when Kayo plays up but this weekend it's been all but flawless for me with only a bit of buffering when I started the Dees Dogs game. 4k looks great.

I've tried out the SEN app today which now has a sync function for radio broadcasts & that also has worked well. I hadn't used the SEN app for sometime as it was dogshit (& that's being kind) but looks like they've sorted out it's issues.

I wish it had of buffered through today’s game 😏

You picked the wrong day to switch to SEN. I thought Matt Hill was fantastic

I've been sitting here smugly enjoying my flawless weather 4k streams all weekend... until now I've had this Freo/Lions game on for 5 minutes and it's spent a lot of that time buffering :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back