Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

how many of you that are having issues with buffering on 4k are using the app on the TV rather then a streaming device?
That is one of the bigger bottlenecks, next might be how much congestion is in the area you live with some CDN's. you can have 500mbps but if its congested going between you and the CDN you are streaming from there will always be issues.

how many of you that are having issues with buffering on 4k are using the app on the TV rather then a streaming device?
That is one of the bigger bottlenecks, next might be how much congestion is in the area you live with some CDN's. you can have 500mbps but if its congested going between you and the CDN you are streaming from there will always be issues.

You are talking about Hubbl?

They were just spruiking Hubbl on SEN & suggesting it may help with buffering etc.
im sure it would be better then the processer in the TV.

But i would use a Chromecast or Apple TV.

Last year i was using Youtube TV for NFL [F**k DANZ] and CFB. was using the tv app at first then when watching 4K was constant dropped frames like 20% and buffering when above 1440p. got a chromecast and never had a dropped frame or buffer for the rest of the season.

Last year i was using Youtube TV for NFL [F**k DANZ] and CFB. was using the tv app at first then when watching 4K was constant dropped frames like 20% and buffering when above 1440p. got a chromecast and never had a dropped frame or buffer for the rest of the season.

So run Kayo on pc and stream to chrome cast connected to the TV? That was what I did for a couple of years until got the new 4k TV.

As I posted yesterday, I had very few noticeable issues over the weekend. But anything that improves the overall performance is worth thinking about.

I stream from my google TV device, Have not had 1 second of buffering. Running off 50mps

However, trying to redeem a voucher code from my digital membership & updating bank details for binge through the Huble website has been a nightmare, The support staff have NFI

Bit of chat in the Hubbl forum on Whirlpool that Hubbl is outputting 4K better than Apple TV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That thing seems like a scam. All it does is consolidate your foxtel apps doesn't it? What am I missing?

It’s an android tv box, so you can add Netflix, Disney plus etc.

I’d rather spend the money on an Apple TV.

I’d bet money the hubbl box is abandoned within 2 yrs.

$49 - Ill give it a crack for my mancave, My ariel reception seems to play up a lot & Hubbl has advertised that you can get FTA channels without an Ariel.
Worth the gamble for the cost of 3 pints.

$49 - Ill give it a crack for my mancave, My ariel reception seems to play up a lot & Hubbl has advertised that you can get FTA channels without an Ariel.
FTA would surely just be the streaming versions which for 7 means no footy ?!?

it does appear to have an aerial input.
Yes, but you overlooked one important detail...
So in this particular case, the aerial input is a moot point.

Yes, but you overlooked one important detail...

So in this particular case, the aerial input is a moot point.

I wasnt replying to you. I was replying to the person who gave the incorrect info that it would only use catchup apps for FTA.

So no, you're the one who overlooked an important detail.

I wasnt replying to you. I was replying to the person who gave the incorrect info that it would only use catchup apps for FTA.

So no, you're the one who overlooked an important detail.
Sorry, was trying to help out Big John Studd since he's the one who brought up the aerial in the first place.
Btw, it's not an 'android box' either. :p

Can you add apps like prime, Netflix, Disney and Apple?
Nah, it's Sky/Comcasts/Foxtel's own proprietary OS (Entertainment OS).
It's like their spin on google tv or other smart TV OSs but they pick which apps are on there, like with the iQ boxes.
Even checked the open source licenses for the thing, only android references are to mobile apps. :/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back