Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

No worries.
It would appear 4K TVs and 4K Chromecasts are the priority at the moment.
I'm still waiting for web browser support, though they've at least said they "plan to introduce 4K streaming to more devices in the future" on their "Kayo on a web browser" article.
No such mention of their "Kayo on Amazon Fire TV Stick" page, though.
Perhaps an email to them will get the ball rolling?
Finally they confirmed no support for Firestick yet. Can't get ETA on when will happen.

Downloaded the latest Kayo App on TV (previously unresolved error with TV, which is why I purchased a Firestick) and it was working but still can't select 4K.

They said it should work on TV but I am not convunced it is supported. TV is TCL 55C745 4k running Google TV 8.0 (think it is same as Android TV?)

That's a shame.
Pretty sure they'll all 4K on Foxtel, even though the Ch 7 games would be upscales from 1080i.
Forgive the Foxtel question in a Kayo thread, but I pressed the 'Watch in 4k?' button last night and couldn't tell the difference - I usually can, but I'm assuming it's because it was a Ch 7 game, so an upscale? (I usually watch the Ch 7 Friday night games on another TV that doesn't have Foxtel)

Anyone who got the digital membership, cop the terms and conditions of: "If you cancel your subscription before the 12 months are up, your access to your subscription will be voided immediately".

Ain't that illegal?

Pretty much trying to strong-arm people into forgetting about cancelling automatic renewal.

They're not even trying anymore
True, I cancelled about a year ago and got an offer to rejoin for some cheap price for two free months or something. I rejoined.

I must have cancelled again after last years GF (or cricket) and have heard nothing from them since.

If they'd sent a deal out I probably would have rejoined. They haven't so I haven't

It seems they just want the "set and forget" subscribers. These new club membership deals will get people in.

But say I pay $250 to be a Dockers Kayo member for a year. Do the Dockers offer the same deal to me the next year or do they just put you on the standard plan?

No one knows.

I'd say the Dockers would offer a deal next year, I'll put it that way.
You'd hope all clubs would but people who just get used to having Kayo may not remember to renew. You'd also hope the clubs would remind them to renew.

But the terms as they stand make it seem like after your 12 months you get charged the higher per month Kayo plan.

You'd hope all clubs would but people who just get used to having Kayo may not remember to renew. You'd also hope the clubs would remind them to renew.

But the terms as they stand make it seem like after your 12 months you get charged the higher per month Kayo plan.
I believe this is the first year Freo have offered a Kayo membership.
My experience with the Cats is they send you a reminder to renew your 'digital' membership between seasons. I assume the other teams would work similar.

Its 7. Always tellby commentary team

Incorrect, it's a Ch7 game.
The list of Fox games is here:

Cheers, I switched on midway through the 1st & was sure I heard Huddos voice so made that post. Should have realised being Friday night but this round zero BS who knows.

BTW, you guys are fast, I deleted that post within a minute🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is GC vs Richmond “true” 4K? Doesn’t look that much better than usual, then I put the NRL on and I can see the players changing their minds.

Cheers, I switched on midway through the 1st & was sure I heard Huddos voice so made that post. Should have realised being Friday night but this round zero BS who knows.

BTW, you guys are fast, I deleted that post within a minute🤣
You can tell straight away by where the score is on screen. Fox is top left, 7 is bottom left.

You can tell straight away by where the score is on screen. Fox is top left, 7 is bottom left.

The Simpsons GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back