Moved Thread Kayo Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Foxtel still have 591-595. Kayo is a big winner with replays in 4K
True, however, I will reiterate my warning from earlier.
Just don't wait too long to watch the 4K 50Hz AFL replays, though. The 50Hz replays are usually only up for a few days before being replaced with 25Hz 'streaming' versions. I assume the same thing will happen this year, except with the added 'bonus' of a downgrade to HD.

I had someone on the Kayo sports chat last night saying that all AFL and NRL games are going to be in 4k.

Not only is this AFL game not in 4k, but inexplicably it doesn't look like the NRL is either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had someone on the Kayo sports chat last night saying that all AFL and NRL games are going to be in 4k.

Not only is this AFL game not in 4k, but inexplicably it doesn't look like the NRL is either.
Yeah, just checked the equivalent help page, similar message "Fox League produced NRL games in 4K"
It's crap.
If it's 4K on Foxtel, even if it's an upscale, then it should be 4K on Kayo as well.

This could be a class action. Everyone take screenshots.
Not sure if serious BUT I'm looking through articles and press releases and I can't find any evidence where they said 'Every AFL match in 4K on Kayo' or similar.
It's always two separate sentences e.g. 'AFL in 4K' ... 'Every AFL match on Kayo'.
Sneaky.
Now if what nobbyiscool is saying is true with receipts, then there might be some merit.

The game is definitely 4K on Foxtel and I’m on iQ5 internet only, no cable so can’t imagine why Kayo wouldn’t have it on 4K when it’s all probably coming from the same servers?

The game is definitely 4K on Foxtel and I’m on iQ5 internet only, no cable so can’t imagine why Kayo wouldn’t have it on 4K when it’s all probably coming from the same servers?
Kayo and Foxtel's set top boxes work different in terms of video, so they can't just send the same file to both services, I'm afraid.
Ch7 games are produced in native 4K. They just can't broadcast that format.
I vaguely remember hearing that but wasn't certain.
That was when Foxtel first spruiked 'every game in 4K on Foxtel', correct?

Was watching in delay. It's 3/4 time and in an ad break then suddenly I'm watching the Fox team talking in front of a deserted SCG and discussing the final result.

I don't reckon I've ever got through a game without some Kayo issue but jumping to Live from half an hour behind probably takes the cake.

Pathetic.

And now with 8 1/2 mins to go, Heeney has a flying shot. Ball frozen halfway to the goals. Been 5 minutes now. Circle keeps going around and around. Can't imagine what it's like with bad internet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back