Just The Ashes

Who wins the 2021/2022 Ashes Series?

• Australia without W.A. interference.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Where to for Bazball after this series drubbing? I'd love to see the Windies go to England later this year, and embarrass the Poms!!!
There is a historical precedent here.

The poms ignored Bodyline until the West Indies came to their shores in 1933. They didn't like it when it was applied to them.

Hopefully the Windies can repay the kindness again.

This could go down to the wire - India 5 down, still need 70.
Been a fascinating session.

I've been at my local watching it.

$6 pints too.

These two getting on top - Poms running out of runs to defend.
Yeah. Stokes not bowling doesn't give them too many options. Field positions for the wood duck Hartley haven't done him too many favours. Bleeds singles too easily in this situation.

Where to for Bazball after this series drubbing? I'd love to see the Windies go to England later this year, and embarrass the Poms!!!
It's a very mediocre batting lineup. Long may it continue!

Never cheered so hard for India

This Pommy side is very easy to dislike
It's a very mediocre batting lineup. Long may it continue!
10 days until the 5th Test - hopefully in that time, the England players all eat the wrong foods, and suffer a severe bout of Delhi belly. As a result, they struggle to field 11 fit players, and lose inside 3 days by an innings and 600 runs.

Too harsh? :)

10 days until the 5th Test - hopefully in that time, the England players all eat the wrong foods, and suffer a severe bout of Delhi belly. As a result, they struggle to field 11 fit players, and lose inside 3 days by an innings and 600 runs.

Too harsh? :)
Not harsh enough

Never.

We still owe them for The Oval 1938.
Actually the Poms had a sense of humour back then (unlike the current mob). During that infamous Test at The Oval, their keeper strode to the crease with the score on a precarious 5 for 770. He smashed a quick 53 and was then bowled. Upon his return to the dressing room, his team mates gave him a round of applause. He's alleged to have replied, "Thanks boys - I always was the man for a crisis." :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually the Poms had a sense of humour back then (unlike the current mob). During that infamous Test at The Oval, their keeper strode to the crease with the score on a precarious 5 for 770. He smashed a quick 53 and was then bowled. Upon his return to the dressing room, his team mates gave him a round of applause. He's alleged to have replied, "Thanks boys - I always was the man for a crisis." :)
Yeah, it was Arthur Wood. He was a late call up for the test replacing Les Ames I think.

The mental hurdle of Australia is the final frontier for them.
With all the hard work they did yesterday, the first session today was dreadfully loose. Then add being 5/29 and there's sme prtty shtty Kiwis out there.

With all the hard work they did yesterday, the first session today was dreadfully loose. Then add being 5/29 and there's sme prtty shtty Kiwis out there.
They're not quite dead yet. Ravindra is a helluva player - if the 4th wicket stand can take the score past 200, the Aussies could get a bit nervous.

They're not quite dead yet. Ravindra is a helluva player - if the 4th wicket stand can take the score past 200, the Aussies could get a bit nervous.
Or Lyon could go bang, bang, bang, and kill off their chances :).

Pucovski retired hurt again after ducking into a short ball.

To me, he's been the right handed Mark Taylor and the hope of our opening combination, but that's it. His judgement of the short delivery will see him injured too frequently to let him play anything above district cricket. A huge loss for Australian cricket.

Pucovski retired hurt again after ducking into a short ball.

To me, he's been the right handed Mark Taylor and the hope of our opening combination, but that's it. His judgement of the short delivery will see him injured too frequently to let him play anything above district cricket. A huge loss for Australian cricket.
Very sad. The kid has talent, but we don't need another Phil Hughes!!!!!

RIP Bazball - the Poms have slumped to an innings defeat in India, conceding the series 4-1. Please leave your messages of condolence in here - I'll start:

That's all I have to say at this time :).
And eloquently put too.
Whereas all I have to say is:

That is all.

Back