Just The Ashes

Who wins the 2021/2022 Ashes Series?

• Australia without W.A. interference.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey philreich, jackster83 and any other masochist who is stuck wanting the Redbacks to succeed!

Just had a look at the current Shield scores and in order saw NSW 5/100 v Vic, then Tas were 7/135 v WA. But once again we couldn't be outdone.

On our home deck, batting first we're 7/90.

Glad to see we got value for money with the Hussey Review.

EDIT: fall of wickets even funnier. We win the toss, bat and at the end of the fourth over we're 3/0! Even better than the 3/9 in our last game!

Hey philreich, jackster83 and any other masochist who is stuck wanting the Redbacks to succeed!

Just had a look at the current Shield scores and in order saw NSW 5/100 v Vic, then Tas were 7/135 v WA. But once again we couldn't be outdone.

EDIT: fall of wickets even funnier. We win the toss, bat and at the end of the fourth over we're 3/0! Even better than the 3/9 in our last game!
India might actually beat Australia in a World Cup final before the Deadbacks win a Sheffield Shield :). Right BLUEALLTHRU?

IMG_20240216_135109156.jpg
I was dumb enough to go and pay to watch it lol.

Yeah, it's like the good old days in 1979 when Yallop made 114 out of 198 against the poms.

Sad. As. *.

I once played cricket against him as a junior. He was as gifted as I was not. Had a decent career but was stuffed around. He was hated by the Packer clique. Did himself no favours going on the prop up Apartheid tours.

Mates who know him say he is a top bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poms getting MURDERED in India - chasing 557 to win the 3rd Test, they're currently 7 for 50 🤣.
Call it off! Obviously against the spirit of the game!

India have a new opener named Jaiswal, who is causing a sensation around the world. He's only played 7 Tests, but he's already scored 2 double centuries and a 171. Aussie fans will more than likely get sick of the sight of him next summer!!!

India have a new opener named Jaiswal, who is causing a sensation around the world. He's only played 7 Tests, but he's already scored 2 double centuries and a 171. Aussie fans will more than likely get sick of the sight of him next summer!!!

Duckett and Baz Ball take credit for Jaiswal. *Uckett also was very confident they'd chase down a big target.

At his presser on Friday he suggested they made history. He was right. Their eventual losing margin was their largest loss by runs since the 1930s.

Duckett and Baz Ball take credit for Jaiswal. *Uckett also was very confident they'd chase down a big target.

At his presser on Friday he suggested they made history. He was right. Their eventual losing margin was their largest loss by runs since the 1930s.
The Poms were just lucky India declared when they did. They could have batted into day 5 and made the result almost as ugly as Jonny Bairstow :).

The Poms were just lucky India declared when they did. They could have batted into day 5 and made the result almost as ugly as Jonny Bairstow :).

Exactly. :)

Rohit applied the mercy rule.

I see Stokes at his presser mainly complained about the technology and did not acknowledge India. That is the essence of BazBall for me.

I really hope Billy Bunter Bairstow and Stokes turn up here in 21 months to cop some more medicine on the ground and from Australian crowds. Expect both to cry off, pull heartstrings etc.

Exactly. :)

Rohit applied the mercy rule.

I see Stokes at his presser mainly complained about the technology and did not acknowledge India. That is the essence of BazBall for me.

I really hope Billy Bunter Bairstow and Stokes turn up here in 21 months to cop some more medicine on the ground and from Australian crowds. Expect both to cry off, pull heartstrings etc.
Bazball at the MCG could be the most embarrassing tactic in cricket history. It might work on postage stamp sized grounds in England, but on a colossal ground in Melbourne, it's got no chance.

Bazball at the MCG could be the most embarrassing tactic in cricket history. It might work on postage stamp sized grounds in England, but on a colossal ground in Melbourne, it's got no chance.

Yep… you are on a roll this am with the spot on observations.

I can already hear the Pomgolians demanding the ropes be brought in at the MCG.

Absolutely spot on.

I'm also under the impression that acknowledging the victors is part of the spirit of the game.

Back