Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

When Essendon were deciding on a clash/away guernsey, I'm pretty sure 2 were shown off, one being the current clash, and the other one, if my memory serves me correctly, was red with EFC, or Essendon written on it or something like that... did anyone on here see the 2nd option? Because I'd really like to know more about it, since I've only ever been told about it.

clash-jumpers1.jpg

The designers didn't give the club much choice, it's just 2 variations of 2 designs and the first 2 are just training jumpers.
I actually think C would have been the best out of those. It looks less like a stretched sash and more like a red jumper with 2 black triangles which kind of works in a way. Plus it's more effective as a clash jumper.

finally found a pic
as yous said. its easy to work out a player issue. normally fabric is totally different. and cut. here is a essendon 07 dreamtime , not the bombers logo in the fabric. this is player worn as it was given personally from the player who wore it other than that i would have no point to prove

I cant beleive Mellbourne didnt go with option B, looks way better and represents their heritage.

Probably choose A because they thought it looks more modern and would sell better with the younger age group

(Log in to remove this ad.)

clash.jpg

These were the three clash strip options that Geelong made available on their website for fans to choose from for the 2007 season. Obviously the middle one was selected over the other two.
I think the right choice was made. The one on the left looks like a training guernsey and the one on the right is a bit lazy and only a variation on the 1999-2004 away guernsey.

If the right one had two hoops, i would go for that one. But with one i'd go with the middle.

It was an online poll from memory. It doesn't really matter because their current one is much better anyway.

Was it anything like the StKilda poll?
The jumper I designed, with the chevrons down the sides was leading the poll with one day to go.
And when they announced the decision it was the other jumper by something like 60% to 40%.
My thoughts were they had decided on the one they wanted, and ran the other one to make it look like the fans had a say.
Not bitter, wasn't getting anything out of it, so it doesn't matter, and I don't barrack for StKilda, but I was taking an interest because of the design, and they definitely pulled a swifty.

^^ This reeks of no effort - no effort in trying to construct a paragraph i am the Law!!! The vocab LAW!.

2nd time you have had a go at somone saying the exact same thing!
If you have nothing posiTive to contribute >> theres the logout button.

N btw wat person who is so good at pointing the finger has a 711 sign as there dp . That has nothing to do with football. Please show a picture relevant to this forum as i can see no effort
gone into that picture u hav just googled a image the slurpee. Forum is thata way sir>>>>

clash.jpg

These were the three clash strip options that Geelong made available on their website for fans to choose from for the 2007 season. Obviously the middle one was selected over the other two.
I think the right choice was made. The one on the left looks like a training guernsey and the one on the right is a bit lazy and only a variation on the 1999-2004 away guernsey.
I hated that jumper in the middle.
I went to Rebel at Knox and took a pic of that when it came out.
It was early in the year, because it was hot when I was trying to trace it for the website.
Took me about a week and it looked like crap.
Then I found out about Vector Magic doing beta testing and uploaded it.
Came out pretty much perfect.

Was it anything like the StKilda poll?

I don't remember anything dodgy about it. I think a lot of fans wanted a return of the Demon after they had oversimplified their logo so I'd believe that it won fairly.

With all of these clash jumper options though they never to give the voters much to choose from. A lot of these look like they were designed in half an hour at most without any brainstorming of ideas at all.

The only problem with the documentary was its failure to recognise that Fitzroy Football Club still exists in its own right and in Melbourne. It talks about the demise of the club and how it no longer exists. It's not true. Fitzroy continues to play in Melbourne and has played 67 games in Melbourne since 1996. The club fields senior, reserves and thirds sides to this day.
I concur go roys

I'm glad Geelong chose the middle one, looks much better then the other two. I even bought it. My first ever LEGIT Geelong Jersey <3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back