News Jimmy Toumpas signs with Swan Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Gday guys just wanna know wheres Jimmy Toumpas at? Been trying to follow his year this year but living in Victoria i dont get to see many Port games and no SANFL games at all.

Is he injured? developing well at SANFL level?

Gday guys just wanna know wheres Jimmy Toumpas at? Been trying to follow his year this year but living in Victoria i dont get to see many Port games and no SANFL games at all.

He should be playing, but he's not.

Only 6 or 7 weeks ago we were still being told this is the most even season ever. Reading a story in the Tsier about the poor crowds over the bye rounds, 6,500 down on last year it says "A combination of frigid weather and lopsided contests is believed to have contributed to poor results.............. However AFL sources say the early development of a gap between teams destined to play finals and those outside the eight could see a continued slide in crowd numbers over the second half of the season."

So much for experts and their goldfish memories. This s**t happens every April and early May when the ladder looks like all bare 1 or 2 sides are a finals chance and we have one of the most even seasons ever. It's all BS repeated every year.

Only 6 or 7 weeks ago we were still being told this is the most even season ever. Reading a story in the Tsier about the poor crowds over the bye rounds, 6,500 down on last year it says "A combination of frigid weather and lopsided contests is believed to have contributed to poor results.............. However AFL sources say the early development of a gap between teams destined to play finals and those outside the eight could see a continued slide in crowd numbers over the second half of the season."

So much for experts and their goldfish memories. This s**t happens every April and early May when the ladder looks like all bare 1 or 2 sides are a finals chance and we have one of the most even seasons ever. It's all BS repeated every year.
Cool..

So hows Jimmy Going??

Seemed to be playing about as well as some of our more established midfielders. Was averaging about 18/19 possessions and 4 or 5 tackles. Was building nicely, then dropped for reasons unknown to anyone on this board while the core of our midfield never got out of second gear.

Seemed to be playing about as well as some of our more established midfielders. Was averaging about 18/19 possessions and 4 or 5 tackles. Was building nicely, then dropped for reasons unknown to anyone on this board while the core of our midfield never got out of second gear.
Then he had a 30+ touch & nearly 10 tackle game in the SANFL only to be overlooked in favour of Amon.

I strongly believe dropping Toumpas like that can be blamed for our no-show against Carlton.

Jimmy is in the too good for SANFL, not quite at AFL level, basket. He has lost that burst of pace that he had during the draft, probably due to his hip surgery, FAI surgery seems to have an 18 month to 2 year turn around. Right now he is working on how to adapt his game to include more defensive work and find a way to impact without that pace. Also needs to improve his disposal.

I think he will play a few games towards the end of the season and will come good. Needs time and faith from the coach.

Jimmy is in the too good for SANFL, not quite at AFL level, basket. He has lost that burst of pace that he had during the draft, probably due to his hip surgery, FAI surgery seems to have an 18 month to 2 year turn around. Right now he is working on how to adapt his game to include more defensive work and find a way to impact without that pace. Also needs to improve his disposal.

I think he will play a few games towards the end of the season and will come good. Needs time and faith from the coach.
Yes I am sure Burgo et al did due diligence in assessing Jimmy's physical potential. He will improve I am sure. I hope he gets another chance in the AFL this year.

Average/serviceable depth player nothing more nothing less it's laughable this board gets worked up over his dropping.

Average/serviceable depth player nothing more nothing less it's laughable this board gets worked up over his dropping.

For Amon. Despite solid enough form while bedding into a new side.

Carn.

Currently yes only depth and I agree re the excessive BF melt.

However, there are plenty of high draft picks who have struggled and eventually built into something. I think Toumpas has time and ability on his side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the things to pick, you choose the one thing Amon is renowned for?
Well that's the point, Amons been lambasted on here all year for a couple mistakes and Toumpas can do no wrong even though hes shown a complete lack of awareness at times too.

There was nothing wrong with Amon coming in. You could probably argue there are other players who should have made way before Toumpas though.

Well that's the point, Amons been lambasted on here all year for a couple mistakes and Toumpas can do no wrong even though hes shown a complete lack of awareness at times too.

There was nothing wrong with Amon coming in. You could probably argue there are other players who should have made way before Toumpas though.

You've gotta reward form. Toumpas' form was far better than Karl's.

I have to admit that Toumpas has been disappointing but then again our whole year has been disappointing. Obviously the Coaching staff have asked Jimmy to do something that he has not been able to do. Maybe Ken wants a better defensive game from him, maybe he would do more with a different game plan, who knows?

I have to admit to falling for Jimmy's highlights package but he looks to be a player who thrives when the ball is moved into space and with our current style he finds himself in contests all of the time. As has been posted he has some time on his side.

I think the worked up part wasn't so much about Toupas but about what seems to be two baskets or shoeboxes that players get put in.
Those that have to follow strict non negotiables, such as Toumpas and Polec, and the rest.

The shuffling of deck chairs only seems to apply to the first group. Fair enough in some ways as players do gain credits over the years but ...

I think the worked up part wasn't so much about Toupas but about what seems to be two baskets or shoeboxes that players get put in.
Those that have to follow strict non negotiables, such as Toumpas and Polec, and the rest.

The shuffling of deck chairs only seems to apply to the first group. Fair enough in some ways as players do gain credits over the years but ...

Whatever happened to you're only as good as your last game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back