News Jimmy Toumpas signs with Swan Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, the reason that the demon fans are so dark is because they wasted their Ollie Wines pick on a lad that now playing for the very team that actually selected their Ollie wines!

The funny thing is, that I have heard from a mate that would know - that Jack Vineys manager has been in close contact with the club about coming across as well!!

Apparently he is looking for the chance to play finals and to be a part of a club that can realistically provide that as Melbourne is not likely to for a very long time.

Watch this space...

:drunk:

JACK Viney has signed a new four-year contract at Melbourne and has praised a sports psychologist for helping get his football to an elite level.

As if he was EVER going to leave!

As if he was EVER going to leave!
:D
backpedal.gif~c200

caught a match the other night and he was even worse than any of his shockers for us.
if we suck so bad at d'ment I guess we got lucky with Brayshaw, Viney, Gawn and Hogan huh

MisguidedClassicGangesdolphin-size_restricted.gif

caught a match the other night and he was even worse than any of his shockers for us.
if we suck so bad at d'ment I guess we got lucky with Brayshaw, Viney, Gawn and Hogan huh

When you have had as many pings at very high end picks as Melbourne - it is simply impossibly to not accidentally get a few good kids!

Rubbish footballer. In six games he's:

Average metres gained: 281 (up 120 from previous best of 160)
Average disposals: 18.7 (up 3.7 from his previous best of 15)
Average contested possessions: 7.2 (up 3.3 per game from previous best of 3.9)
Average rebound 50s: 2.2 (up .9 from previous best of 1.3)
Average inside 50s: 3.7 (up 2.7 from previous best of 1.5 from 2014)
Average intercept possessions: 4.5 (up 3 from previous best of 1.5)
Average tackles: 4.0 (up .9 from previous best)

Average disposal efficiency 72.3 (down 3.2% from previous best of 75 in 4 games in 2014)
Average score involvements 3.7 (= with previous best)

Oh, he's also just equaled his most season wins played in of 3, and 2 wins from equaling his career tally of 5 wins pre-Port Adelaide.

With a career high winning percentage of 50%. He's already enjoying more success than he ever was afforded in Victoria.

Jog. On.

tumblr_kuem00etRo1qzin2no1_500.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish footballer. In six games he's:

Average metres gained: 281 (up 120 from previous best of 160)
Average disposals: 18.7 (up 3.7 from his previous best of 15)
Average contested possessions: 7.2 (up 3.3 per game from previous best of 3.9)
Average rebound 50s: 2.2 (up .9 from previous best of 1.3)
Average inside 50s: 3.7 (up 2.7 from previous best of 1.5 from 2014)
Average intercept possessions: 4.5 (up 3 from previous best of 1.5)
Average tackles: 4.0 (up .9 from previous best)

Average disposal efficiency 72.3 (down 3.2% from previous best of 75 in 4 games in 2014)
Average score involvements 3.7 (= with previous best)

Oh, he's also just equaled his most season wins played in of 3, and 2 wins from equaling his career tally of 5 wins pre-Port Adelaide.

With a career high winning percentage of 50%. He's already enjoying more success than he ever was afforded in Victoria.

Jog. On.

tumblr_kuem00etRo1qzin2no1_500.jpg

He's already slid into Jasper's previous role as Chief Facebook Derpmagnet, so he is indeed tracking beautifully.

Brayshaw's the #2 draft pick who's been playing VFL for most of the year, right? Not sure that was the best possible example.
to be fair he was injured and had an interupted preseason, similar to our Chad, but we would still argue Chad is one of the most exciting footballers in this leauge without the form to back such a statement

I see things I like in him each week of course there is the "iffy" moments but there's something there

Jimmy "Persevere" Toumpas
ill pass judgement after 80 games with us... still seems very vanilla, seems to have lost some zip and goal scoring ability he had pre Melbourne. Hopefully 2017 he remembers how enjoyable football once was for him. Thats one thing that I remember about him as a Junior, he always seemed to enjoy his football, took the game on and tried to hit the scoreboard, I am sure that will return with confidence.

ill pass judgement after 80 games with us... still seems very vanilla, seems to have lost some zip and goal scoring ability he had pre Melbourne. Hopefully 2017 he remembers how enjoyable football once was for him. Thats one thing that I remember about him as a Junior, he always seemed to enjoy his football, took the game on and tried to hit the scoreboard, I am sure that will return with confidence.
With White injured as well he'd have to play an absolute beyond the beige mare for me to want him dropped.. needs that real clicker of a game I hope it comes soon for him.

With White injured as well he'd have to play an absolute beyond the beige mare for me to want him dropped.. needs that real clicker of a game I hope it comes soon for him.
Yeah, I'ld give him untill the bye. But some footy in the twos wouldn't hurt in the back half of the year if Palmer keeps his form!

Yeah, I'ld give him untill the bye. But some footy in the twos wouldn't hurt in the back half of the year if Palmer keeps his form!
You dont drop a bloke for the sake of it, but you blood kids when and where you can or else we turn into a Choco looking team REAL quickly!

And that extrs s of his means that once he gets stronger he'll be able to barge through things. :D

Reading their thread about Toumpas you'd think he's their clubs version of Troy Chaplin or something

He's more a Ben Jacobs. I don't think any other AFL club even has a Troy Chaplin. He's in a campaigner category of his own.

Good luck Jimmy on building a successful career now you are home in Adelaide and a part of the Port Adelaide family.

You have my 100% support, its been very obvious that you are putting in the effort and you are fitting in well into the side.
People bagged Pittard for a long while, now look at him.
You are clearly not far away from doing the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back