Speculation Jedd Busslinger

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel this is illogical, because you could use this argument for literally any player, and clubs simply would not trade at all if it were the case. There’s no way North/Hawks would let him slide past if he did enter the PSD

I think it’s one of the very few perks of being a non vic side.

It’s a very different scenario if a player is returning g to vic where there are 10 clubs.

If a player is trying to get home, no team from out of that state is going to pick them in the PSD.

It’s sounds great on paper for Hawks or Roos to pick him up. Reality is clubs are reluctant to bring in a player who doesn’t want to be there. It’s reource intensive and It causes more hassle than it’s worth.

Are you in the window? Does your club think it is? It’s impossible to tell with the mixed messages coming out of the dogs.

Depending on how Buss’ year turns out obviously. FWIW I think he has strung together 2 good games in VFL and I think he’s building confidence and therefore value, but I’m not sure if he is close to debuting sans injury to current B22 player.

If he isn’t B22, and hasn’t debuted or has only played a couple of games our 2nd, which is pick 25 atm Is overs.

Jedd is uncontracted and we are down towards the bottom of the ladder.
PSD not really in the frame and clubs don’t tend to torch each other's on deals as you might win on that deal. Can affect your ability to get deals done if you end up with a bad reputation ala Dodo
Second is not really a stretch for a pick 13 that has overcome an injury affected year and developing KPD.
For a rebuilding side it's a smart investment as it brings on the player quicker as they have had 2 years of development. Geelol has done it rebuilt by snagging 1st rnd talent and paying a 2nd for it , Bruhn a classic example

I think it’s one of the very few perks of being a non vic side.

It’s a very different scenario if a player is returning g to vic where there are 10 clubs.

If a player is trying to get home, no team from out of that state is going to pick them in the PSD.

It’s sounds great on paper for Hawks or Roos to pick him up. Reality is clubs are reluctant to bring in a player who doesn’t want to be there. It’s reource intensive and It causes more hassle than it’s worth.
Why didn’t you do this with Tim Kelly? Or Langdon? Or Witherden? Or Brockman?

Why didn’t you do this with Tim Kelly? Or Langdon? Or Witherden? Or Brockman?

Kelly - Freo finished lower, had to trade.

Landgon & Witherden - went for picks in the 50s that we probably wouldn't have used, or were just as likely to be as successful as these 2, if not less.

Brockman - Hawks tried to extract more but simply couldn't due to PSD threat. Pick in the 40s given but they tried to ask for higher picks, as well as trying to include him as steak knives in a trade for #1.

West Coast are usually a very good club to trade with. I’d be staggered if they didn’t give up their second even if they felt it was slight overs. Seem less fuss than most.
If you trade for them, even if you think it's overs when there's the old PSD threat, you can get them to start training as early as possible and the player isn't up in limbo.

Haggling over some scraps doesn't seem particularly worthwhile.

West Coast are usually a very good club to trade with. I’d be staggered if they didn’t give up their second even if they felt it was slight overs. Seem less fuss than most.
If Baker does want to come to West Coast I think it will be our 2R For Baker and F2 for Buss. If Baker doesn’t come to us I think it will be our 2R for Buss. That’s the nature of draft and trade.

Kelly - Freo finished lower, had to trade.

Landgon & Witherden - went for picks in the 50s that we probably wouldn't have used, or were just as likely to be as successful as these 2, if not less.

Brockman - Hawks tried to extract more but simply couldn't due to PSD threat. Pick in the 40s given but they tried to ask for higher picks, as well as trying to include him as steak knives in a trade for #1.
Sounds like Eagles acted reasonable with their trading partner at every opportunity. Why would they suddenly change approach now? I think this is just BF posters acting out their trade fantasies online and doesn’t reflect the likely reality

Sounds like Eagles acted reasonable with their trading partner at every opportunity. Why would they suddenly change approach now? I think this is just BF posters acting out their trade fantasies online and doesn’t reflect the likely reality
New CEO and list manager I guess, but I still don't think WCE will be unreasonable.

Im sure he is living the dream playing VFL football week in week out...

I think he 100% leaves its just where. Id put Doggies as 3rd in line behind us and North who would be a equal chance

No offence mate, but I’d suggest doing more research and less blabbing.
Go and have a proper read around the interruptions he’s had. If you don’t know, best to keep a lid on it.

Beware the former first round pick that can't get a game. He's Jarrod Brander MKII. It's not as if the Dogs couldn't use an extra tall down back.

Yes you don't expect a KPD draftee to play week in week out in their first couple of seasons but very concerning he hasn't played a game IMO particularly when he is more suited to 3rd tall anyway so not like he has to come in and play on Tom Hawkins from day one.

We took Connor O'Sullivan as a raw KPD in the draft last year. He is playing this week. Every chance he could be one and done for the season but at least you known he is ticking the boxes with the club and impressed them enough to throw him in for a taste of the level.

How long did it take McKay to play?

McGovern?

Talls take longer. Buss had a shoulder issue in his first season.

And the Dogs are stacked with talls.

Doubt a future pick gets it done. We are in the contend now window. Have to be a 2nd in this year's draft for us to probably reluctantly do the deal.

Dogs look like they will move on a couple of gun mids in Smith and maybe McCrae that will net 1st rounders.

F2nd for Buss is on the money and maybe even preferred.

Edit: And when GoEaglesGoSGIO lols at your post. You know its close to the truth as he has NFI. ;) :thumbsu: Whatever he says rarely if ever eventuates.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No offence mate, but I’d suggest doing more research and less blabbing.
Go and have a proper read around the interruptions he’s had. If you don’t know, best to keep a lid on it.
He is in the VFL now and James O'Donnell just taken his spot ahead of him . He can either wait til Liam Jones retires and takes a good 200k-300k paycut to stay or he leaves to North, plays AFL instead of VFL and gets a pay rise.

Not exactly a tough decision

Dogs look like they will move on a couple of gun mids in Smith and maybe McCrae that will net 1st rounders.

F2nd for Buss is on the money and maybe preferred.

Macrae will net a 5th rounder at best. They are doing those trades to break even and get Ugle Hagam inside the cap, mot get ahead of it to match any offers Busslinger gets

He is in the VFL now and James O'Donnell just taken his spot ahead of him . He can either wait til Liam Jones retires and takes a good 200k-300k paycut to stay or he leaves to North, plays AFL instead of VFL and gets a pay rise.

Not exactly a tough decision

Again, go back and check how far back he has come from. A key defender getting drafted is already miles behind, then factor in missing most of your first pre season to shoulder surgery, then also look at how he’s been going in the vfl so far. It’s not rocket science to work out why he’s not in.. YET.

Not exactly hard to work out… if you do some adequate research.

Again, go back and check how far back he has come from. A key defender getting drafted is already miles behind, then factor in missing most of your first pre season to shoulder surgery, then also look at how he’s been going in the vfl so far. It’s not rocket science to work out why he’s not in.. YET.

He isn’t in cos Doggies have a ton of KPPs

You reckon he isn’t getting a AFL game at North ?

He isn’t in cos Doggies have a ton of KPPs

You reckon he isn’t getting a AFL game at North ?

Please man, go and do some research. Go and look at his vfl form so far and then go and read about his hurdles.
It’s not as black and white as you think it is. Use your brain and have a think about how long it takes talls. I saw his first vfl game this year - still lacking match fitness. His form doesn’t warrant selection, and I don’t see the harm seeing as though his first season was ruined due to his shoulder surgery.

If North want to rush a key defender in, screw with his development, who is only really starting to get going now, then that’s on North.

2nd this year or next makes sense to me and a pretty easy trade to get done. Still close to his draft so value retained with issues keeping him off the park. Assuming it goes ahead, perfect pick-up for a rebuilding side - cheapish, young and talented but needing opportunity

Last edited:
Please man, go and do some research. Go and look at his vfl form so far and then go and read about his hurdles.
It’s not as black and white as you think it is. Use your brain and have a think about how long it takes talls. I saw his first vfl game this year - still lacking match fitness. His form doesn’t warrant selection, and I don’t see the harm seeing as though he missed all of his first year.

If North want to rush a key defender in, screw with his development, who is only really starting to get going now, then that’s on North.

I’m aware of his injuries and I’m also aware that you chose O’Donnel over him. That’s the situation.

A imaginary he isn’t ready scenario is just that

Most of Doggies KPP players are forwards or only want to play forward. Jones is really the only true defensive KPP....Khamis was tried up forward first from memory, whilst Gardner and JOD seem 3rd defensive tall.....being pushed into those KP spots....

I’m aware of his injuries and I’m also aware that you chose O’Donnel over him. That’s the situation.

A imaginary he isn’t ready scenario is just that

Thankfully the eagles selection panel doesn’t have you included on there, or you’d be choosing players based on draft pick number and players who aren’t ready / don’t deserve selection yet.

O'Donnell (that’s how it’s spelt) is physically ready. That’s the situation.

An eagles fan who does zero research aint changing anyone’s mind.

Thankfully the eagles selection panel doesn’t have you included on there, or you’d be choosing players based on draft pick number and players who aren’t ready / don’t deserve selection yet.

O'Donnell (that’s how it’s spelt) is physically ready. That’s the situation.

An eagles fan who does zero research aint changing anyone’s mind.
This post is probably correct in terms of where Doggies see the situation but its also the reason he will leave. If club thinks he isnt ready then he will go to a club who thinks he is and will pay him accordingly

And that club will have this guy in charge of their medical team.

View attachment 1971334
I never said North were smart or Eagles/North would not be taking a risk given his injuyr history etc

Im just saying they clearly will and thats why he will leave.

Both clubs can easily afford the risk when its all said and done so even if we Dr Nick it, neither clubs losing a hell of alot in comparison to what the reward of the risk can be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back