Speculation Jedd Busslinger

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering Freo just experienced their key defensive stocks disappear before their eyes, perhaps they could be interested?

We've already got 3 young developing KPDs (and one of them is playing this week), I would think we are focusing extremely hard on Logan McDonald, and Baker to a lesser extent. When our 22 is fully fit Busslinger won't actually get a game

I’m less concerned about whether he played games than I am that he is yet to sign.

You’d think it is a very straightforward deal for a first rounder.

I know dogs have a lot of stars out of contract but it’s not like Busslinger is going to break the bank signing him for another 2 years.

He did train with West Coast heading into his draft year. Clearly we’d be interested in acquiring him if he was available.
assuming he doesn't have a breakout year, there is no chance we give up a first round pick for a 2022 late first round pick who hasn't established himself in the side, especially out of contract.

assuming he doesn't have a breakout year, there is no chance we give up a first round pick for a 2022 late first round pick who hasn't established himself in the side, especially out of contract.

You’ve misunderstood.

I meant his contract extension at dogs should be straight forward as a first round pick.

I was questioning why it hasn’t been done yet given it shouldn’t be overly complex.

It’s unusual for clubs to have first round picks going into their second year unsigned.

Taylor wont leave unless GWS start missing finals.

And that doesnt look likely.

He is a super competitive bloke who hates losing, you can just see it in how he plays and how he thinks.
He seems extremely happy at the club also. Long odds to leave IMO

You’ve misunderstood.

I meant his contract extension at dogs should be straight forward as a first round pick.

I was questioning why it hasn’t been done yet given it shouldn’t be overly complex.

It’s unusual for clubs to have first round picks going into their second year unsigned.
Probably done the pecking order of priority with Smith, JUH and English all out.

Still no real smoke he’s looking to go home.

Mentioned on gettable that North might have a look if he remained out of contract.

It was in response to a question about North and not Busslinger so no other clubs mentioned.

There are promising signs but he is in no way ready for AFL footy at this stage. VFL forwards can monster him still. Whether Buss himself shares that opinion is a different story but I wouldn't mind exposing him to a few games later in the year matchups permitting.

He's definitely not shaping up to be a number 1 key defender. Intercept 2nd or 3rd tall will be where he'll end up if he makes it.

There are promising signs but he is in no way ready for AFL footy at this stage. VFL forwards can monster him still. Whether Buss himself shares that opinion is a different story but I wouldn't mind exposing him to a few games later in the year matchups permitting.

He's definitely not shaping up to be a number 1 key defender. Intercept 2nd or 3rd tall will be where he'll end up if he makes it.
Yeah and the limited options may mean he is going to get offers that it will be hard to say no to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North and Hawks in desperate need of KPD might come sniffing.

Every club will enquire.

He is what 20? He isn't going to turn up round 1 next season and stand the opposition's best or even 2nd best forward. Busslinger is a long term prospect and every club plans long term.

Clubs who are desperate to fix a problem need a KP defender who can provide something straight away. Not in 2 or 3 years time. That's why North got Logue. And the Dogs grabbed Liam Jones. Essendon grabbed McKay.

Every club will enquire.

Beware the former first round pick that can't get a game. He's Jarrod Brander MKII. It's not as if the Dogs couldn't use an extra tall down back.

Yes you don't expect a KPD draftee to play week in week out in their first couple of seasons but very concerning he hasn't played a game IMO particularly when he is more suited to 3rd tall anyway so not like he has to come in and play on Tom Hawkins from day one.

We took Connor O'Sullivan as a raw KPD in the draft last year. He is playing this week. Every chance he could be one and done for the season but at least you known he is ticking the boxes with the club and impressed them enough to throw him in for a taste of the level.

Beware the former first round pick that can't get a game. He's Jarrod Brander MKII. It's not as if the Dogs couldn't use an extra tall down back.

Yes you don't expect a KPD draftee to play week in week out in their first couple of seasons but very concerning he hasn't played a game IMO particularly when he is more suited to 3rd tall anyway so not like he has to come in and play on Tom Hawkins from day one.

We took Connor O'Sullivan as a raw KPD in the draft last year. He is playing this week. Every chance he could be one and done for the season but at least you known he is ticking the boxes with the club and impressed them enough to throw him in for a taste of the level.
Stop talking sense. We love Buss. Brander reference still too raw.

Brander's development was ruined by making him the 10 possession defensive winger in an effort to get him in the senior side.

May have not been very physical early but now that he's playing ammos, he's apparently bulked right up and kicking bags playing KPP.

Obeanie1 could shed a bit more light on this.

Bruhn? Henry? Bowes? All struggled to get regular games when it’s easier as non KPP

Bruhn? Henry? Bowes? All struggled to get regular games when it’s easier as non KPP

He is just a “Jaemen Salmon” according to Ricky Stuart.

Proper weak gutted dog.

Zero intestinal fortitude.

But this thread ain’t about “it”

All those guys played 25-30 games by the end of their second season? The comparison you would be looking for would be SDK but much easier to get a game ahead of Buku Khamis than Harry Taylor. If you guys still have your own 2nd rounder, Dogs would bite your hand off for that for a guy that can't even get a run in pre season matches.

All those guys played 25-30 games by the end of their second season? The comparison you would be looking for would be SDK but much easier to get a game ahead of Buku Khamis than Harry Taylor. If you guys still have your own 2nd rounder, Dogs would bite your hand off for that for a guy that can't even get a run in pre season matches.
Putting some decent VFL form together. No, we won't jump at a second rounder thanks. Would much rather keep him.

Really liked this guy in his draft year. How has his form been at vfl levels? Or has he not really come on?

Really liked this guy in his draft year. How has his form been at vfl levels? Or has he not really come on?
Played one of his best games yet last weekend:
https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1532038/vfl-player-summary-round-3-v-essendon

He's taken a while to get to the required level due to a shoulder reconstruction causing him to miss his first preseason, but is looking pretty solid now. I gather the club wants him to work on his one-on-one defending a little more before debuting so he doesn’t get too exposed (given this was his major weakness in his draft year), which is why he got such a glowing review in the above link for not losing a contest.

I would be shocked if he didn’t debut within the next couple of months, barring an injury. Much like with JUH a couple years ago, the media are setting way too high expectations on a young tall. He’s well on track

Remove this Banner Ad

Back