Injury Jamison - Knee - 4 Weeks Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry off topic but does anyone know the rest of the fixture for Hawthorn and West Coast as I don't have a fixture. I heard they have an easy draw from now on. If that is the case top 4 not looking to good right about now.

Click on the team names

Put Hendo at CHB for a start. The pressure to kick goals against spare defenders will be off, and he might well flourish. A Hendo with confidence can only help for the rest of the season. Laidler for Austin. Waite to CHF leaves us no worse off than we have been for most of the year, and Irish can help at that end too.

It's not the end of the world.

Exactly what I want to see happen.

It's a stumbling block but Jamo will be back.

I haven't been online since the game, but my God that was a hard game to watch. I think we needed to go taller down back going into that game, but it's too late to worry about that now. As soon as I saw Jamison go off the ground, I had a really bad feeling about things. I guess at the end of the day though, a month out is better than being without him for the rest of the season. I don't know what we're going to do down back for the next 4 weeks. I would think that Duigan, Laidler, Yarran, Thornton and Russell would all be pretty set down back, and that leaves us with one more spot for another tall.

Bower would be the obvious inclusion, but he's still going to be out for another 6 weeks or so, from what I can remember from what someone else posted.

Henderson is a possibility, as has been mentioned, but I don't really know where I stand on that. He seems to be having little impact on games playing as a forward, but I think we need him there long-term so we have to develop him at that end of the ground.

What did you guys think of Austin? Any chance he sticks in the team?

Bring Watson back in for a few weeks maybe?

I suspect that during the next four weeks we are likely to find a thing or two out about Carlton. Amongst other things, we should learn who the second tall defender should be. Big loss but all teams will spend some time without some of their better players. The good teams keep being good whilst the weaker teams really struggle. Watch Geelog without Selwood and you wonder how he even gets a game!!

Not surprising that this thread has already nearly reached 7 pages. Carlton supporters understand how pivotal Jamo is to our team.

Anyway I see this as an opportunity not a crisis. We'll get to see why we picked Watson in the draft, and also see if Bower is the real deal. With Duigan and Laidler coming back plus Austin getting some games we should be able to cover this loss pretty comfortably.

4 weeks to invent a backline. Whichever of duigan, laidler, bower, watson and white are available.
I wouldn't mess with structure in relying on hendo, waite or setant back. Robbing peter to pay paul... Our backs need to gel as a group and cope without Jamison.
Austin stays. Swapping him for Bower who has played a quarter all year won't get us anywhere. Reassess after 3 weeks - if he hasn't cemented a place at least we gave him a fair crack and still have over a month before finals.

4 weeks to invent a backline. Whichever of duigan, laidler, bower, watson and white are available.
I wouldn't mess with structure in relying on hendo, waite or setant back. Robbing peter to pay paul... Our backs need to gel as a group and cope without Jamison.
Austin stays. Swapping him for Bower who has played a quarter all year won't get us anywhere. Reassess after 3 weeks - if he hasn't cemented a place at least we gave him a fair crack and still have over a month before finals.

I sure as hell hope so. I honestly don't think he was as bad as many people made him out to be on Sunday.

He gave away a silly free kick, but at least he was making an effort and going hard at the footy. His disposal was good too.

Even when he was on Nic Nat I thought he did a decent enough job.

Keep in mind too that other teams aren't as big, tall and strong up forward like WCE are.

I hope the MC back him. :thumbsu:

Austin is key now. Time to step up buddy.

Thornton and White are third talls and won't cut it against quality forwards. Bower when fit and in form can do a job. But Austin really is the guy who could really grab his chance in the next few weeks.

if bower doesnt get up to play you kinda have to think that Waite might be the only option downback vs a team with BIG forwards otherwise it could be a repeat monstering of the WCE sort

that however still leaves us with a lack of strong marking forwards, a role Waite would fill. Perhaps they swing Thornton forward along with Kreuzer/Warnock?

a strong marking forward cant come soon enough!

I think temporary use of Waite down back is a good idea. He's taken on some great forwards and come through. Then when Jammo is right again, move him forward.

Like to see Setanta crashing and bashing CHF
Waite at FF
Hendo at CHB
T-Bird / Aussie at FB (other rotating)
Bower taking the third tall
Duigs and Laids aggression

So,
IN: Duigan, Laidler, Robinson, Setanta
OUT: Jamo, Tuohy, ROK, Armfield

B: Russell - Thornton - Laidler
HB: Duigan - Henderson - Yarran
C: Scotland - Robinson - Simpson
HF: Murphy - Setanta - Garlett
F: Walker - Waite - Betts

Foll: Kreuzer - Gibbs - Judd

I/C: Ellard - Bower - Austin - Warnock

Anyone else think that Jamison out makes Thornton's role even more important. .. Not simply as a defensive option but as a player that is flexible enough to go forward and play a key forward role allowing Waite/Hendo to fill in on the back line, if required. ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think temporary use of Waite down back is a good idea. He's taken on some great forwards and come through. Then when Jammo is right again, move him forward.
While I don't agree (again :() and would prefer we play Waite as our number one forward, it's great to see a top poster back :thumbsu:

Simple Waite will play fwd and hendo will go back, hendo ineffective as fwd whilst the mc are adamant Waite is to be settled as a fwd

Henderson should be persisted with as a forward, as this is going to be where he plays his footy moving forward. Shuffling him around the ground isn't going to help his development at all.

The club will try and get as many games into Henderson as a forward, and with games against Richmond and Western Bulldogs coming up, they should persist with him up there, to get him leading up the ground and taking marks like he was doing against Brisbane.

A combination of Thornton, Bower, Austin and White should be enough to get 3 out of 4 wins in the next month. Even if Jamo was playing, I doubt we'd be good enough to trouble Collingwood.

Normally I'd agree with playing Hendo at CHF until he improves, but he's so obviously out of confidence he needs a change of scenery. Put him at CHB where he'll find the ball until he gets his self-belief back. Then put him forward once Jammo returns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back