Roast Inner Feral Fan Unleashed - Warning - Unbridled, passionate, and objectionable opinions within

Remove this Banner Ad

switching back on the old Carlton arrogance... cant we just skip any analysis and discussion about this weeks game against Worst Coast, and go straight to the game vs the filth ?

I get that supporters are frustrated during lean periods, but some of the coping mechanisms are truly bizarre

Suns - Dew will feed off our carcass, beat us convincingly. No no, doesn't count, they just rolled over and not convinced Voss can coach. Let's see if we can back it up

Hawks - Nah, that smashing means nothing, a real test will be the Dockers away from home

Dockers - Absolutely choked them, despite them beating Demons and Cats, * at home. No no, doesn't count, they aren't even in the 8

Port - Let's see us do it against a real side. But wait, they have injuries, due for a loss, blah, blah.

West Coast - Won't be convinced unless we win by 40 goals ( just guessing)

There will always be lows, but surely it's also okay to just enjoy the ride

An update

Didn't beat WC by 40 goals, but next week against the Pies, that's a real test, a genuine test as they will bring heat for every minute of the game

Pies - Beat them by 3 goals. Yeah, not sure I trust us though, can we just wait, a little longer

It's great we are winning now. I don't think the people who were unhappy should be dragged over the coals though.
It was pretty bloody average, in fact the way we have shown we can play makes it even worse.

No point looking back though unless to take lessons from the journey

That's fair enough, everyone loves the club and we were all hurting during our losing streak

Just have to take the rough with the smooth in footy.

Least hopefully the Chicken Little Thread is closed for good :)

An update

Didn't beat WC by 40 goals, but next week against the Pies, that's a real test, a genuine test as they will bring heat for every minute of the game

Pies - Beat them by 3 goals. Yeah, not sure I trust us though, can we just wait, a little longer
I trust us, implicitly… finally!

The talent has been there for a couple of years.

The “lull” we had served to galvanise the group. It was an enlightening of both players and coaches. Combined with some extra availability of some previously encumbered players, some as much mental as physical. Our development “wing” has been reimagined to great effect.

The playing group and the coaching group now believe in each other. There is more integrity in selection, and players are blossoming now that faith is shown in them.

Aside from the perennial injured, the likes of our “superstar” Charlie Curnow have matured. His thinking is now of a player he’ll bent on success for the team. He was previously a big kid, without full focus. He remains a larrikin, but embraces what he can bring to the group. He is looking to maximise his role for the good of the group and more values his shots on goal.

The returns of McGovern, followed by Cuningham, Fogarty and Jack Martin who is showing signs at the back end of his career of reaching the enormous potential he has already shown. Leaving Marchy out for now, but so want him to go the same way, and the signs are good.

I would love more insight into the resurgence of our LTI brigade. Has Russell used the patience and opportunity to resurrect these players to the level that they can be relied upon now and in to the future to spend significantly more time on the footy ground than in the rehab room?

I am sure we are currently rethinking the draft. Keeping some of our mature, resurgent players may be more important than accessing multiple shiny new toys.

I don't think the people who were unhappy should be dragged over the coals though.
I don't overmuch believe in excoriating people for being wrong, but...
It was pretty bloody average, in fact the way we have shown we can play justifies the anger and complaints.
... I object to the idea that y'all knew we had it in us all along.

I don't overmuch believe in excoriating people for being wrong, but...

... I object to the idea that y'all knew we had it in us all along.
Tough loss, thank * the Saints lost or we would be hearing all about Ross the Boss. I know it's easter but he aint jesus,

We need to move the ball quicker and press when we don't have it.
April this year I think............seems like I had some idea of the way out..

I mean I'm no football genius, blind ******* freddy could see what we needed to do except for Vossy for 9 weeks.

Hence the justified anger at the time.

Anyway I was happy to let it lie but you brought it up with a cheap shot at me

It's great we are winning now. I don't think the people who were unhappy should be dragged over the coals though.
It was pretty bloody average, in fact the way we have shown we can play justifies the anger and complaints.

No point looking back though unless to take lessons from the journey
so your utopia is rewarding tantrums is it?

I mean I'm no football genius, blind ******* freddy could see what we needed to do except for Vossy for 9 weeks.

you and your ilk can repeat your 'story' as often as you like - repetition doesn't make reality though. However you are as entitled to express your equaly valid opnion as anyone so thanks for sharing.

you and your ilk can repeat your 'story' as often as you like - repetition doesn't make reality though. However you are as entitled to express your equaly valid opnion as anyone so thanks for sharing.
My "story" is proven. I just quoted what I posted in April.

Ps, I am thankful that you put me in a separate "ilk" from you.

I can assure you it's true.

so your utopia is rewarding tantrums is it?
My utopia is identifying what's going wrong andf fixing it.

Probably why I'm ******* rich with a successful business and family...

You should try it

You should also learn some manners, how dare you go round questioning peoples character because you disagree with them on a football forum.

Says a lot about you

My utopia is identifying what's going wrong andf fixing it.

Probably why I'm ******* rich with a successful business and family...

You should try it

I particularly enjoyed the poud angry upset entitltled buffoon that that was a token Director being asked to pack his bags and pizz orf back to entitled land where he came from - the idjot who was projecting the type of nonsense you and your ilk shoved down everyone's throats far beyond polite or even impolite custom allows.

Clearly none of you understood the significance of that event or the meaning - and now you dont even understand how devoid of logic, rationale or reason your entitled screeching demonstrated.

Also I'm just a battler mate - and I dont judge people by how much money they have , what busines they are in, what family they have or anything else except what they post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't recall taking a 'shot' at you in the post you quoted, let alone a cheap one.

The post you quoted isn't really where our change has come from (in my opinion) but that is a conversation for another thread. What I will say here though is that the idea that you 'knew all along' or that this turnaround justifies your criticism is extremely hindsight based.

If you do not like me pointing that out, that is not really an issue with me.

I am frustrated it's taken people this long to work out how good Jordan Boyd is.
I'm a fan of Boyd & I had him in my team a week before selection

I'm a little frustrated with some selections. We don't always know what's going on behind walls but much of what I wrote last Sunday (see below) re selections may have helped. I had Boyd in along with Kennedy. We had to take a risk up there and we didn't. We should have left out Pitto. This would have given us another runner and allowed for Kennedy to play in the 22. Fogerty can help you stay in the game but as you get to the pointed end, you need class. Cuningham can play 360 degree footy etc as written below. An opportunity missed. (Marchbank did well)

When we were smashing teams at the beginning of our winning streak we were gang tackling and closing space on opposition(We basically had 22 players who were applying pressure) You are right, tackling was not good on a couple of attempts against Dees.

When we don't win the clearances, with a taller slower team, we can be vulnerable at closing time and space like we were in the first 2 finals. We are also missing a fast smaller defender who can assist Saad with overlap run. Too often, we have gone back to our old habit of booting too long into the forward line.

Melbourne went in with a smaller & faster team and it should have paid dividends if it was not for their kicking at goal.

I hope by the 3rd week of the finals we learn this. Lions will be predictable, I hope we are not.

In: McKay, Martin, Boyd Sub: Hollands as cover for Acres & Doc

Out: Pitto, Fogarty, Marchbank (All 3 deserve their place and anyone can argue why they should be in & I won't disagree. We lose something with any of these not in the team but gain more balance with the changes)

• Cuningham stays & you get him to focus on doing Fogarty's role of tackling & applying pressure. Then, his ability to finish, weight the ball, take a mark, closing speed, move into the midfield, can happen as a consequence. Class can turn things in moments in big games.
  • Kennedy is a brut. He just demands the space at the contest. Can finish & make players around him feel stronger. You need tough men in big finals. Hewett takes Neale & Kennedy supports Cripps. With Kennedy we try and brutilize Lions at the coal face.
  • McKay & Cripps will need to chop out in the ruck. We don't need to protect anyone at this time of the year. There is no tomorrow for this season

I'm a little frustrated with some selections. We don't always know what's going on behind walls but much of what I wrote last Sunday (see below) re selections may have helped. I had Boyd in along with Kennedy. We had to take a risk up there and we didn't. We should have left out Pitto. This would have given us another runner and allowed for Kennedy to play in the 22. Fogerty can help you stay in the game but as you get to the pointed end, you need class. Cuningham can play 360 degree footy etc as written below. An opportunity missed. (Marchbank did well)

When we were smashing teams at the beginning of our winning streak we were gang tackling and closing space on opposition(We basically had 22 players who were applying pressure) You are right, tackling was not good on a couple of attempts against Dees.

When we don't win the clearances, with a taller slower team, we can be vulnerable at closing time and space like we were in the first 2 finals. We are also missing a fast smaller defender who can assist Saad with overlap run. Too often, we have gone back to our old habit of booting too long into the forward line.

Melbourne went in with a smaller & faster team and it should have paid dividends if it was not for their kicking at goal.

I hope by the 3rd week of the finals we learn this. Lions will be predictable, I hope we are not.

Out: Pitto, Fogarty, Marchbank (All 3 deserve their place and anyone can argue why they should be in & I won't disagree. We lose something with any of these not in the team but gain more balance with the changes)

• Cuningham stays & you get him to focus on doing Fogarty's role of tackling & applying pressure. Then, his ability to finish, weight the ball, take a mark, closing speed, move into the midfield, can happen as a consequence. Class can turn things in moments in big games.
  • Kennedy is a brut. He just demands the space at the contest. Can finish & make players around him feel stronger. You need tough men in big finals. Hewett takes Neale & Kennedy supports Cripps. With Kennedy we try and brutilize Lions at the coal face.
  • McKay & Cripps will need to chop out in the ruck. We don't need to protect anyone at this time of the year. There is no tomorrow for this season
It's more that we needed Cuningham, Boyd, Fog and Kemp in (plus Kennedy for Hewitt, almost regardless of form) to keep our side above what I'm going to label a minimum across the board leg speed in defense. Kennedy is faster than Hewitt; Kemp is faster than Marchbank; Cuningham is faster than Mots; Fog is faster than Owies; Boyd is faster than Fish, and is much faster than Kemp and Marchbank.

Hollands and Acres have shown up the rest of the side for defensive running, but with those 4 in we are not getting beaten to our opposition's back 50. Leg speed also comes out in tackling: you are less likely to get shrugged off or get wrongfooted if you're closer.

Turnovers are how the game is played at present, and turnovers are built in no small way on speed. The easiest way to put speed on the ball is through clear run; disposal requires vision and skill, where legspeed is something you select for. Boyd is a wonderful compromise between legspeed, defensive nous and a wonderful, wonderful kick when he's used appropriately, and it bothers me a bit that the fans were so enamoured with Marchbank's intercept marking and Fish's disposal tally that they simply didn't get it.

He's almost tall enough to be a medium. We all saw that tackle on McInerny last night. With him in, we're more than the sum of our parts; we need to find like pieces across the rest of the park.

Happy Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

I remember you posted that and it made a lot of sense. Good call on Boyd 👍

I’ll listen to 3AW all day long - but Titus O’Reilly now on with Jacqui Felgate - now switching off 🙄

I’d prefer Tim Watson and Kane Cornes double than that tool O’Reilly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back