Roast Inner Feral Fan Unleashed - Warning - Unbridled, passionate, and objectionable opinions within

Remove this Banner Ad

There seems to be a need to place a victory like this into context. WC had a few out, they're plumbing the depths, in game injuries, etc, and all of these are true. But the problem I have with this is that for a result to go this way at AFL level, you need these things to happen; AFL teams are not normally beaten by 100 points. It does not happen that often. Injury and awful form was not permitted to be an excuse for us when GWS beat us by 100 points with 17 on the field in 2018.

Is it not, then, a thing to be savoured, a salve for the nerves of Carlton supporters raw from years of let downs and close finishes and defeat snatched from the jaws of victory?

I don't understand how anyone's response to this is anything other than "Good. More please."
100%

I will enjoy every single game where we smash teams into the dirt. God knows we've been on the other end of it more than enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever since, every muppet without the words to describe their anguish at their team losing has replicated his turn of phrase.

Never mind that as a coach, he was not successful. Never mind that this kind of rhetoric only served to make his teams worse, get players offside; no, you've got to have someone who can make hard choices, make harsh decisions, who has a square jaw and (insert further faux masculine bullshit here).

Sick of seeing it. I might even -

Wait. I almost said it.

Ever since, every muppet without the words to describe their anguish at their team losing has replicated his turn of phrase.

Never mind that as a coach, he was not successful. Never mind that this kind of rhetoric only served to make his teams worse, get players offside; no, you've got to have someone who can make hard choices, make harsh decisions, who has a square jaw and (insert further faux masculine bullshit here).

Sick of seeing it. I might even -

Wait. I almost said it.

Yeah, It’s not just players that need composure.

No issue with a bit of passion but coaches need to have a clear plan and be able to communicate it effectively so that every player knows exactly what is expected of them. Yelling out like that is sooo pre 90’s.

Bluey a.k.a Barge Ass
Are You Serious Idina Menzel GIF by A24

ARSE!
Barge Arse!
What country do you think this is?
FFS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back