Poo Mega Thread I'm changing alias - to Hawk man. Has anyone else ever changed alias?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kanga man

Senior List
Feb 23, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm fed up.

Let's face it, we've all probably considered doing this at one time or another with our clubs of support, but I've done the courageous thing and pulled the pin on North. It's been a while coming, but I feel I just had to make that big call.

I feel that Hawthorn - because of the Tasmania connections - has some similarity to North. And the stripes too. I like that.

Has anyone else ever done the same? And for the Hawks fans out there, do you have any advice? And young players I should be looking out for in terms of their development. I like young Newcombe and I'm hoping we can win a premiership within 5 years. I feel Hawthorn is quite special with all their success - it's a bit like finally being invited to that exclusive party I've missed out on. But now I'm invited and I can associate with people who I've admired from a distance for so long.

I reckon being a turncoat is soft as lol

If you don't stick with your club through the bad times, you don't deserve to celebrate the good times when they come

Get Out No GIF

My brother went from Bombers to Lions and now Dockers

We disregard any thoughts he has on football immediately

Could work if you have Hawk fans in your immediate family but otherwise you will never have any sort of credibility at all and will be a footy leper if there are Roos fan’s nearby

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I'm fed up.

Let's face it, we've all probably considered doing this at one time or another with our clubs of support, but I've done the courageous thing and pulled the pin on North. It's been a while coming, but I feel I just had to make that big call.

I feel that Hawthorn - because of the Tasmania connections - has some similarity to North. And the stripes too. I like that.

Has anyone else ever done the same? And for the Hawks fans out there, do you have any advice? And young players I should be looking out for in terms of their development. I like young Newcombe and I'm hoping we can win a premiership within 5 years. I feel Hawthorn is quite special with all their success - it's a bit like finally being invited to that exclusive party I've missed out on. But now I'm invited and I can associate with people who I've admired from a distance for so long.
Kanga man needs to EAD. Seriously though you're not a supporters a-hole

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm fed up.

Never considered it even once, no. Speak for yourself.

I'm fed up.

Smart move. Welcome.

I'm fed up.

I don't blame you, you'll wonder why you didn't jump on Hawthorn before now and never look back.

Never considered it but given you are fed up with North being garbage I am surprised you picked Hawthorn. They have some good youngsters and I like Mitchell as a coach but they are also rebuilding so there will likely be more pain ahead. Thought you might have picked a team that might give you some more immediate joy.

I'm fed up.

I respect your decision. North are pretty much finished as a club. There is little point you sticking around there. You could just wait, barrack for no one, until Tasmania comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm fed up.

Don't let the door hit ya... turncoat.

I can't believe you're not butter.

Funny thing is I did change teams on arrival here in 88, but didn’t reallget serious till 93, so15 years of the poorest success in afl, but wrapped up in 6 decades of clearly the best, in 2015 ‘yet another grand final to pay for’

Famous story from the Eagles board is the former poster 88mph who switched to Fremantle after they beat us in the 2018 pre-season.

He was made to regret that decision by the end of that year.

From memory there was a Geelong fan who switched to Carlton just before the 07-11 flags. Can't remember their name but there were infamous on Bay 13

I'm fed up.

Come to the Tigers mate, we welcome everyone.
Hawthorn have few supporters and their President collects racist gollywogs so steer clear.
Plus their colours seriously suck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back