"I spend far too much time on the Net" Grizzlym.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who doesn't want cool random shit to buy on the net?

This site has it all. Christmas shopping has never been so easy.

Cool shit here.

Dammit I'm trying to study for an exam tomorrow but there's so much cool shit to look at. What do they say: what you don't know by now, you probably don.. BEASTY BOY FIGURINES, awesome.

Now what's the lethal dose 50 of gamma radiation.. I'm not sure either but I would like to know 100 facts about Pandas and a giant water balloon slingshot, who's life wouldn't be better off with one of those, hey?

The infinite monkey theorem.

250px-Monkey-typing-185x141.jpg

You know the gig: a million monkeys typing away randomly on typewriters will eventually output the completed works of Shakespeare.

Bit like Big Footy, really.

Well, some guy has harnessed 'cyber monkeys' and is running a simulation to test the theorem out.

He's already stumbled across some of the works of the bard.

Get monkey literature here.

The Khan Institute - a public service teaching revolution.

This guy is an inspiration. He teaches using videos he makes and posts on Youtube. Kicked in his job as a hedge fund dude to do this.

Really, really great.

Read this article about him

Then go to his site

LisaAgain-300x291.jpg

The curious case of international fugitive Lisa Marie Smith.

She jumped bail in Thailand while facing drug charges and fled the country.

Allegedly helped by the millions and influence of her powerful executive father.

She has not been seen since.

Fascinating.

Here's a recent article about the case.

And here's a dude who has a very interesting story to tell about mysterious portraits of her appearing in the streets of Sydney.

Well, I know what I'll be doing, next time I'm in Sydney...I've just got o find out where Richard Shears lives...should be great fun, messin' with his head.

First I'll write Lisa Marie Smith on his lawn with weed killer...

Well, I know what I'll be doing, next time I'm in Sydney...I've just got o find out where Richard Shears lives...should be great fun, messin' with his head.

First I'll write Lisa Marie Smith on his lawn with weed killer...

Oh yeah, let's plan a roadtrip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lorum Ipsum is so old school. Like latin, it's archaic. Dead even.

So what all of those designers and art directors out there need is a relevant and contemporary version of place-filler text.

Well, if you're one of those black skivvy wearing designer types who needs random words to insert here, you're wait is here.

Bogan Ipsum

A sample of the generator's fine work:

As busy as a bonzer when flat out like a fisho. Lets get some trackies when he's got a massive barbie. She'll be right cut lunch commando no worries she'll be right too right!. As busy as a bikkie to he's got a massive ratbag. Mad as a give it a burl my mad as a budgie smugglers. Get a dog up ya flanno flamin trent from punchy dunny. Lets get some sook when we're going gyno. Trent from punchy chunder mate as busy as a bodgy.

Emails from an arsehole.

Yep, they sure are.

book.JPG

And here's just one of them.

Original ad:
**** Disguisable weapons wanted ****
Wanted: hidden blades, belt buckle knives, cane swords, etc.....
Offering: cash, items for barter

From Me to **********@***********.org:

Hey,

I saw your ad looking for concealable/disguised weapons. I have several fine-crafted items you may be interested in. Respond if you are interested and I will send you pictures and prices.

Thanks,

Mike

From Jeff ****** to Me:

I am. lets see what you got.

From Me to Jeff ******:

Jeff,

Here you go:

knife1.JPG

Looks like a normal spoon, right?

knife2.JPG

Wrong. It is actually a deadly 2.5" half-smooth, half-serrated knife with tactical grip. One minute you are enjoying a bowl of cereal, and the next you are fighting off attackers with this deadly and disguised weapon.

I am asking $50 for the blade. Let me know if you want to stop by and take a look at it.

Mike

From Jeff ****** to Me:

that is stupid as hell and looks like crap. unless you have anything better to offer, dont waste my time.

Emails from an arsehole.

Yep, they sure are.

book.JPG

And here's just one of them.

Original ad:
**** Disguisable weapons wanted ****
Wanted: hidden blades, belt buckle knives, cane swords, etc.....
Offering: cash, items for barter

From Me to **********@***********.org:

Hey,

I saw your ad looking for concealable/disguised weapons. I have several fine-crafted items you may be interested in. Respond if you are interested and I will send you pictures and prices.

Thanks,

Mike

From Jeff ****** to Me:

I am. lets see what you got.

From Me to Jeff ******:

Jeff,

Here you go:

knife1.JPG

Looks like a normal spoon, right?

knife2.JPG

Wrong. It is actually a deadly 2.5" half-smooth, half-serrated knife with tactical grip. One minute you are enjoying a bowl of cereal, and the next you are fighting off attackers with this deadly and disguised weapon.

I am asking $50 for the blade. Let me know if you want to stop by and take a look at it.

Mike

From Jeff ****** to Me:

that is stupid as hell and looks like crap. unless you have anything better to offer, dont waste my time.
Vaguely (very) reminiscent of

http://27bslash6.com/

Quite the funny.

Announced in yesterday's New York Times was the famous Copiale Cypher had finally been cracked.

25code_graphic-popup.jpg

Full story here.

I've long been fascinated with the Voynich Manuscript, which has yet to give up its secrets. Here's a website dedicated to cipher mysteries.

Great Reading.

A guy posted this on the GD board, and it's pure quality. I read the entire site. Extremely engrossing.

"Welcome to the future! Here you will find a speculative timeline of future history. Part fact and part fiction, the timeline is based on detailed research that includes analysis of current trends, projected long-term environmental changes, advances in technology such as Moore's Law, future medical breakthroughs, and the evolving geopolitical landscape. Where possible, references have been provided to support the predictions. FutureTimeline.net is intended to be an ongoing, collaborative project that is open for discussion - we welcome ideas from scientists, futurists, inventors, writers and anyone else interested in the future of our world."

Future is here.

Pop Chart Lab.

Very cool website out of Brooklyn, NY, run by an editor and graphic designer. They do all sorts of stuff, including some cool tshirts and posters. Their mission is to create order out of chaos via charts.

Nice work.

Hompage_BeerGiveaway1026.jpg

Tasty competition.

Hompage_slide_MovieMonsters1026.jpg

Love this monster poster.

Hompage_slide_Controllers907.jpg

And this is cool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back