Horsham District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well "WimpeySqueak'' It seems a facet of your game is being a fascist - all hail the little Hitler!! As you have clearly pointed out in your dribble above you do seem to post alot of thickheaded crap unrelated to footy and please please please use some of your welfare payments (if there is any left over after your weekly payments to your street corner dealer) to purchase a dictionary and thesaurus. Oh by the way if you dont know what these are, please go into a book shop (books are things with words in them, and pictures for the simple folk) and ask the staff for help.

ha ha ha nardoo take a bit of ur own advise mate wouldnt hurt ya

Well "WimpeySqueak'' It seems a facet of your game is being a fascist - all hail the little Hitler!! As you have clearly pointed out in your dribble above you do seem to post alot of thickheaded crap unrelated to footy and please please please use some of your welfare payments (if there is any left over after your weekly payments to your street corner dealer) to purchase a dictionary and thesaurus. Oh by the way if you dont know what these are, please go into a book shop (books are things with words in them, and pictures for the simple folk) and ask the staff for help.

Hahahaha.........now have a listen to u Nardoo u poor simple DS c@#t, don't ever put me in the same league as u as posting dribble and thickheaded crap unrelated to footy....cause mate u have me covered and all that post on this site. If u actually read my post correctly it is football related.......not that I should have to point that out to u, however some are just a little simple now aren't they.......:D

As for the spelling....who really gives a flying f@#k Nardoo, if thats all you can pick out then go jump in front of a truck champ!!

And thats a big statement buddy implying that I'm a druggo.......if ya gunna post s**t like that on this site then make sure its factual and 100% spot on and don't just make the s**t up like u quite often do!!

P.S. Stop hiding behind your computer mate.....

Rightio I think we may have a challenge on our hands here you c@#ts lol.....we mite be able to make this a bit of a day out or fundraiser or something of the likes!! Mumbles.....you have a talk to the Big Fish and sought out a date mate and I'll be there with bells on......better start training..........HDFL V's WIMMERA......bring it on Mumbles!! :D

haha wouldnt want to embarrass u big fella!!
better make it after footy season, dont wanna make training during the week too strenuous for ya!!
i no you're a fitness fanatic but we cant have u pushing too hard!!
by the way, well said about Nardoo he is just a poor poor man!

better make it after footy season, dont wanna make training during the week too strenuous for ya!!

does any one no bout this mumbles does he play the game or just talk s**t about it all the time

does any one no bout this mumbles does he play the game or just talk s**t about it all the time

Yeah he plays the game and goes alright too........a young up and comer who plays 1's in the Wimmera League, however not due to his pace.......and I still reckon I'd have him covered over 100!!

Hahaha...........mate don't worry bout embarrassing me, I do a good enough job at that meself!! I think the embarrassment will be on you if I do happen to cross that line first....:p

After footy season is fine.....however this does give me extra miles in my legs ya know!! :thumbsu:

Well that reply or two was quite unexpected...NOT!
Thanks 'WimpeySqueak' 'Stumbles' & 'SookyBubba' if only I was a fisherman and you little boys the fish as you take the bait every time!! It is sensational and your little temper tantrums full of naughty words 'cleverly' disguised with keyboard symbols are hilarious.

Must have hit a sensative spot WimpeySqueak re your spelling and substance abuse as only the guilty get defensive don't they!!

I have to go as I have sore ribs from laughing so much.
Can't wait for the opportunity next game!

well That Reply Or Two Was Quite Unexpected...not!
Thanks 'wimpeysqueak' 'stumbles' & 'sookybubba' If Only I Was A Fisherman And You Little Boys The Fish As You Take The Bait Every Time!! It Is Sensational And Your Little Temper Tantrums Full Of Naughty Words 'cleverly' Disguised With Keyboard Symbols Are Hilarious.

Must Have Hit A Sensative Spot Wimpeysqueak Re Your Spelling And Substance Abuse As Only The Guilty Get Defensive Don't They!!

I Have To Go As I Have Sore Ribs From Laughing So Much.
Can't Wait For The Opportunity Next Game!
Youll Have More Than Sore Ribs If I Ever Find Out Who You Are....who Do You Play For?

Hahaha...........mate don't worry bout embarrassing me, I do a good enough job at that meself!! I think the embarrassment will be on you if I do happen to cross that line first....:p

After footy season is fine.....however this does give me extra miles in my legs ya know!! :thumbsu:

haha true true
u could be in very fine knick leading up to the festive season, could be a dangerous time for me!!

Well that reply or two was quite unexpected...NOT!
Thanks 'WimpeySqueak' 'Stumbles' & 'SookyBubba' if only I was a fisherman and you little boys the fish as you take the bait every time!! It is sensational and your little temper tantrums full of naughty words 'cleverly' disguised with keyboard symbols are hilarious.

Must have hit a sensative spot WimpeySqueak re your spelling and substance abuse as only the guilty get defensive don't they!!

I have to go as I have sore ribs from laughing so much.
Can't wait for the opportunity next game!

Hahaha.......your reply's never seem to amaze me Nardoo.........as for the Temper Tantrums, well if you think so then will run with that!! As for you hitting a sensitive spot....far from it buddy, just pointing out to you that if ya gunna make accusations like that then make sure ya 100% spot on and also be prepared to back em up!!

I also think that the only thing disguised here is you hiding behind ya computer.......if ya actually had any balls and were a real man, although ya probably just a little boy then you would come forward with your name and who ya play with........maybe you should be called "WimpeySqueak"....:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swifts will look for a much improved performance than back in round two when it hosts Rupanyup at North Park in the Horsham District Football League tomorrow.
The Baggies, who admittedly have struggled along this season with just two wins to their credit, will be desperate to make amends for their 157 point drubbing against the Panthers when the teams last met in April.
On this occasion Shannon Slorach, who has since returned to Great Western, booted the team's only goal for the day.
However, a home ground advantage and some confidence after wins over Taylors Lake and Edenhope-Apsley is likely to see a much more competitive performance from the Baggies.
Since beating the Baggies in round two, Rupanyup suffered three straight defeats to Kalkee, Edenhope-Apsley and Laharum before stringing five wins together prior to last Saturday's loss to flag favourites Harrow-Balmoral.
Swifts Board of Management Chairman Brian Barber said coach Jamie Britten was on the training track on Tuesday night and was hopeful he had recovered from a hamstring injury in time for tomorrow's clash. Meanwhile, Jake Goodes is also a chance of returning from a similar injury he sustained in the clash against Edenhope-Apsley.
Lee Marshall should be fit after a work accident kept him out of Saturday's loss to Noradjuha-Quantong, while players like Mark St Clair and Nick Pickering should have benefited from last week's hit out and will be important players.
Barber said he expected a competitive effort from the Baggies.
``We were two or three bad injuries down up there (in round two) and I think we should be a pretty competitive unit,'' Barber said.
``If everything clicks like it did against Edenhope-Apsley then I think we are in with a bit of a show.''
Great Western coach Sonny Walton has hit out at the committment level of some of his more seasoned players ahead of tomorrow's clash with 2007 premiers Harrow-Balmoral.
``We still had our 20 on the track (on Tuesday night) but they were the new faces of the club so I was a bit disappointed with the blokes who have got 50-100 games under their belt for the club,'' Walton said.
``Last night was a big night for us because we are coming off a loss and are up against last year's premiers.
``This can make or break our year.''
Walton said his team was a `fifty, fifty' chance of playing in finals this season and was desperate to get an upset win against Harrow-Balmoral or Kalkee to make their job a little easier.
``We put it up to Laharum but we just fell away kicking a score,'' Walton said.
``We are just lacking Dale Hurley and probably another forward.''
Walton said Hurley did light running on the track on Tuesday night and if he did not shape up in time for tomorrow's clash, he was confident of a return against Kalkee following next weekend's bye.
Sam Young is likely to be sidelined tomorrow after a knock on the knee in the loss to Laharum last Saturday, and Tim Shalders is in doubt with some fluid around one of his knees.
Laharum will host Kalkee in a mouth-watering battle between two of the competition's premiership favourites tomorrow.
The third placed Mountain Men were 21 point winners at Kalkee earlier in the season and will be hoping for a similar performance tomorrow against their rivals.
A win to either team could even elevate them to top spot depending on the result between Harrow-Balmoral and Great Western.
Noradjuha-Quantong will have its work cut out when it welcomes Natimuk tomorrow.
The fourth placed Bombers must be wary of the Rams after they racked up their fourth win of the season with victory over Pimpinio on Saturday.
To add further cause for concern, the Rams got within two points of victory when the teams met in round two.
Pimpinio will look to get back on the winner's list when it entertains Taylors Lake.
The Tigers have been a shadow of the team that won back-to-back grand finals in 2005 and 2006, with just four wins so far this season, but they should still prove too srong.

Swifts will look for a much improved performance than back in round two when it hosts Rupanyup at North Park in the Horsham District Football League tomorrow.
The Baggies, who admittedly have struggled along this season with just two wins to their credit, will be desperate to make amends for their 157 point drubbing against the Panthers when the teams last met in April.
On this occasion Shannon Slorach, who has since returned to Great Western, booted the team's only goal for the day.
However, a home ground advantage and some confidence after wins over Taylors Lake and Edenhope-Apsley is likely to see a much more competitive performance from the Baggies.
Since beating the Baggies in round two, Rupanyup suffered three straight defeats to Kalkee, Edenhope-Apsley and Laharum before stringing five wins together prior to last Saturday's loss to flag favourites Harrow-Balmoral.
Swifts Board of Management Chairman Brian Barber said coach Jamie Britten was on the training track on Tuesday night and was hopeful he had recovered from a hamstring injury in time for tomorrow's clash. Meanwhile, Jake Goodes is also a chance of returning from a similar injury he sustained in the clash against Edenhope-Apsley.
Lee Marshall should be fit after a work accident kept him out of Saturday's loss to Noradjuha-Quantong, while players like Mark St Clair and Nick Pickering should have benefited from last week's hit out and will be important players.
Barber said he expected a competitive effort from the Baggies.
``We were two or three bad injuries down up there (in round two) and I think we should be a pretty competitive unit,'' Barber said.
``If everything clicks like it did against Edenhope-Apsley then I think we are in with a bit of a show.''
Great Western coach Sonny Walton has hit out at the committment level of some of his more seasoned players ahead of tomorrow's clash with 2007 premiers Harrow-Balmoral.
``We still had our 20 on the track (on Tuesday night) but they were the new faces of the club so I was a bit disappointed with the blokes who have got 50-100 games under their belt for the club,'' Walton said.
``Last night was a big night for us because we are coming off a loss and are up against last year's premiers.
``This can make or break our year.''
Walton said his team was a `fifty, fifty' chance of playing in finals this season and was desperate to get an upset win against Harrow-Balmoral or Kalkee to make their job a little easier.
``We put it up to Laharum but we just fell away kicking a score,'' Walton said.
``We are just lacking Dale Hurley and probably another forward.''
Walton said Hurley did light running on the track on Tuesday night and if he did not shape up in time for tomorrow's clash, he was confident of a return against Kalkee following next weekend's bye.
Sam Young is likely to be sidelined tomorrow after a knock on the knee in the loss to Laharum last Saturday, and Tim Shalders is in doubt with some fluid around one of his knees.
Laharum will host Kalkee in a mouth-watering battle between two of the competition's premiership favourites tomorrow.
The third placed Mountain Men were 21 point winners at Kalkee earlier in the season and will be hoping for a similar performance tomorrow against their rivals.
A win to either team could even elevate them to top spot depending on the result between Harrow-Balmoral and Great Western.
Noradjuha-Quantong will have its work cut out when it welcomes Natimuk tomorrow.
The fourth placed Bombers must be wary of the Rams after they racked up their fourth win of the season with victory over Pimpinio on Saturday.
To add further cause for concern, the Rams got within two points of victory when the teams met in round two.
Pimpinio will look to get back on the winner's list when it entertains Taylors Lake.
The Tigers have been a shadow of the team that won back-to-back grand finals in 2005 and 2006, with just four wins so far this season, but they should still prove too srong.

Terrific rap up here STWAZZAS of the up & coming round, keep up the good work!! :thumbsu:

IC08 Preview - Chiefs to put Nauru back on footy map

Nauru is well known amongst Australian football fans as the one other country, besides Australia, to fully embrace the Aussie code of football. An attendee at the Arafura Games in 1995 and one of eleven nations at the inaugural International Cup in 2002, the tiny island nation was absent in 2005, a late withdrawal, and has suffered a ban on the game at home. Footy fans will be happy to see the team return in 2008 as the Our Airline Nauru Chiefs and plans to re-launch the sport. With 17 players currently guest participants in the VCFL (most of them pictured below in their club jumpers), could they be a dark-horse when the Cup gets under-way next month? We talk to coach Wes Illig on the nation's expectations.

Illig spent the 1990s in Nauru as a school teacher and married a local. He played and coached during his stay there. "Since my return to Stawell in the Wimmera (Victoria) I have been an umpire for a few years and am currently the secretary for the Stawell Warriors Football and Netball club. We have placed 17 footballers in the Wimmera FL with Stawell, the Horsham District FL with Great Western and Swifts and the Lexton Plains FL with Navarre. All of the boys have enjoyed playing except for the cold weather. They train with their own clubs twice a week and train once a week with me as a group".

The coaching staff are attempting to instil a "high pressure, free flowing possession (game) with multiple options and use the ball well, however what we get may be a different thing".

One difficulty nations face is whether to play eligible players who may have moved to Australia to live long term, but Nauru is only planning on using players brought over specifically for the Cup, either early or immediately before it starts. "All of the 17 here with me now are from Nauru and have left to come here for the 4 or 5 months that the whole season with the club and International Cup will take. No ringins in this side".

The hope is for the Cup to be the impetus that gets the game going again in Nauru. "One of the main focuses is to make sure the local competition continues and these boys take home the knowledge and skills they have learnt here and continue a program to improve the younger generation".

The islanders' coach didn't really see the Our Airline Nauru Chiefs as having an arch rival and wasn't really aiming any higher than racking up a win for the country. Having finished 8th in 2002 with a win over Japan and pushing Britain, Denmark and Samoa, and with the valuable experience being gained in Victorian footy in recent months, perhaps the Chiefs might score more than a single win and knock off a few of their more highly fancied opponents.

If they do have a successful Cup they'll be very grateful to Old Geelong in the VAFA and Port Fairy whilst on the Warrnambool leg, and the previously mentioned clubs Stawell, Great Western, Swifts and Navarre, who "have taken our boys under their wings and taught them so much". When Nauru started out on the journey of trying to make the Cup it must have seemed a huge mountain to climb with many doubters (WFN wasn't expecting them to make it, despite our best wishes). "It would not have been possible to make this trip without the generous support of all the families back on Nauru who have been relentless in their fundraising efforts. Also to our main sponsor "Our Airline" who generously provided air travel to Australia for the whole squad at a cost of around $25000, in recognition of this the team is officially called the Our Airline Nauru Chiefs. The townships of Stawell, Navarre and Great Western have made the 17 players here feel welcomed and have treated the group extremely well".

The full squad assembles on August 25th, two days before the first game, with 8 players arriving from Nauru with other officials to join the 17 already there. They depart on September 6th, presumably straight after matches finish.

The Country and Australian football

Tiny island in the Pacific, population around 14,000. Fallen on hard times since the winding back of phosphate mining. Footy has been their number one sport, reportedly getting started in the 1930s, but the Nauru Australian Football Association is looking to rebuild after the Cup.

Strengths and Weaknesses

May lack tall, key position players, but are a strong, hard bodied group of young men. Lack of recent matches until some playing in Victoria in 2008 may tell against them. Expect Nauru to be fast, creative, but perhaps lacking in execution under pressure and taking too many risks.

Players to Watch

With footy in hiatus in Nauru after some on and off-field drama, it's hard to judge which players are the ones to watch for the Chiefs. Coach Illig felt they would field a pretty even side, "All of the boys have played some good games for their clubs and difficult to pick out a stand out player however Deamo Baguga who stands about 5'10" took mark of the year last week in the first quarter and then bettered it in the third quarter. All the boys play an exciting brand of football".

Form Guide

Eighth at the International Cup in 2002, with a big win over Japan and pushing but losing to Britain, Denmark and Samoa, with their only significant loss being 47 points to runners-up PNG. With no internationals since but players gaining experience in Victoria, should be competitive with middle ranked sides.

Bottom Line

Expect Nauru to claim some scalps and be one of the crowd favourites.

Good to hear Bryce Hately is walking assisted.

Well done to the Under 16 boys today in the junior carnival. Put up a good fight and came second overall under Wimmera North. They were actually beatin North at Half-Time but they were unable to keep up with the North boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back