Heathcote DFL 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news coming out of Elmore, those blokes will be looking at going the extra step this year. Will be interesting if they can improve forward, and not leave it to one bloke, or is that the point of getting a competitive small forward?

Howz the new coach going?

LBU at $4...what is the maximum you can bet. They would be $2 favorites in my books.

Based on Huntly's recurits, I'd have them shorter odds than a few other teams. Also bring Norths odds in and I'd be pushing heathcote odds out to at least $5.

Who have heathcote picked up? I've only heard of the losses, quality losses they are too.

Lech Featherstone, Anthony Mellington, Luke Bell, Marc Harrap, Jedd Wright, Wayne Sanders and David Thompson gone for Heathcote.
Coach Brent Chapman's brother Luke, Michael Hare, Luke McCluskey, La Trobe Uni B&F winner Lochie Dornauf and Daniel Carroll's brothers, Luke and James, expected to join.
Huntly have accumulated massively so should be good, but LBU should definitely be odds on favourites.
Lost a few to retirements, Brodie Collins to South Bendigo and maybe Ben McPhee to Rochy, but I've heard they've signed a couple of players as well.
LG will be hurting after Pollock turned his back on them after an agreement was made.

North Bendigos has added Matthew Trist from Tongala, Daniel Reid, who won Inglewood’s best and fairest last year, and Michael Spooner from Keilor.

The club has also lured former best and fairest winner Rob Morris back to Atkins Street.

4 ins and no major losses will see North finish in the top 3 ???, i suppose this is only if Lock can come back and play footy and not snipe blokes behind play. Would not want to be falling back on that one

Lech Featherstone, Anthony Mellington, Luke Bell, Marc Harrap, Jedd Wright, Wayne Sanders and David Thompson gone for Heathcote.
Coach Brent Chapman's brother Luke, Michael Hare, Luke McCluskey, La Trobe Uni B&F winner Lochie Dornauf and Daniel Carroll's brothers, Luke and James, expected to join.
Huntly have accumulated massively so should be good, but LBU should definitely be odds on favourites.
Lost a few to retirements, Brodie Collins to South Bendigo and maybe Ben McPhee to Rochy, but I've heard they've signed a couple of players as well.
LG will be hurting after Pollock turned his back on them after an agreement was made.

Dave Thompson played 2-3 games last year so I wouldnt think it is a hole we need to fill......Has Mellington gone? I havent seen a transfer on the system yet?!?!?

You might be missing one more player that we have recruited.

Great saints pick ups. Watch out for Luke Chapman can go on and of the footy if you now what i mean.

Talking of hardness is the superstar Phil Lobb playing this year at Elmore

Dave Thompson played 2-3 games last year so I wouldnt think it is a hole we need to fill......Has Mellington gone? I havent seen a transfer on the system yet?!?!?

Well I can't say I have ever seen a transfer for retired.

Or do you think you are a chance of talking him out of it On the left.

Any Broadford blokes commit mate? Heard 1-2 may have come for a look. Did ya's end up ringing Dunney, heard Heathcote and/or Elmore mighta been in the mix???

What's going on on this thread, it's never usally this quiet. Everybodys is usually talking more about which club has picked up and which club has lost a few, oh and the usual dig at mounts about there disgracefull away rooms. Pretty boring at the moment

Top Ten in Comp at the moment 2012,

1. Gitchem
2. Dobson
3. Weekly
4. Oliver
5. Bowles
6. Sawyer
7. Dohnt
8 Grant
9. Craig
10. Griffen

(mentions to Jacques, Conforti, McNish, Cutriss and Edgar)

Are any new blokes to the league going to change the top ten apart from Kouta.

ps would be good to get into 2012 thread

1. Gitchem
2. Dobson
3. Weekly
4. Oliver
5. Bowles
6. Sawyer
7. Dohnt
8 Grant
9. Craig
10. Griffen

(mentions to Jacques, Conforti, McNish, Cutriss and Edgar)

Are any new blokes to the league going to change the top ten apart from Kouta.

Oh my......Oliver is a cut above your top 3. What has weekley done in this league?
Grant is dust.

No Condon? Mellington? Dan Carroll?

You could argue this all day. Most of the players mentioned are worthy of a spot but I think Oliver is clear cut on top!

Ps. Doona heathcote have picked up will price from broadford at this stage. That's all I know.

Oh my......Oliver is a cut above your top 3. What has weekley done in this league?
Grant is dust.

No Condon? Mellington? Dan Carroll?

You could argue this all day. Most of the players mentioned are worthy of a spot but I think Oliver is clear cut on top!

Ps. Doona heathcote have picked up will price from broadford at this stage. That's all I know.

Semmell - ex b&f Shepp Swans and Hampton Rovers captain - will be there for sure:cool:

Bowls, Dobson and Weekly in the top 5? You are joking right! And I hope you mean Ash Craig and not Aaron because I would have both them boys well into the league top ten..... Dohnt, Gitcham, Carrol, Mellington and Oliver are the top 5 and there is a massive amount of daylight between the 6th best in the league.... Obviously you haven't seen or dont watch much bush footy in my opinion...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bowls, Dobson and Weekly in the top 5? You are joking right! And I hope you mean Ash Craig and not Aaron because I would have both them boys well into the league top ten..... Dohnt, Gitcham, Carrol, Mellington and Oliver are the top 5 and there is a massive amount of daylight between the 6th best in the league.... Obviously you haven't seen or dont watch much bush footy in my opinion...

And doesn't everyone take notice of your opinion! Have another pie mate.

Not sure but Mellington is retired so that will take him out of the 2012 season. Carrol in my opininon is not as much of a game breaker as Grant or the others. I think Grant will return to form this year if he can get his Kankle fixed (he played on one leg last year, and he was fat)

I don't really hold the top five in any order but they can all influence games indivdually

How long ago did semmell win a B&F must be a money grabber if he played at the Swans? (or is he coming to play with his mates) Have not heard much about him?

Think you might be living in a time warp cheese

23 players cleared to Huntly to date and only 3 away. Fair to say they won't be collecting the spoon this year, who will be the team to collect it? One thing’s for sure, I'd hate to be collecting the weekly bill.

Had no choice but too throw the cheque book after 10 wooden spoons one would have thought. Be interesting to see how they and the Dicko boys go out there obviously a different style of footy to Bendigo.

It's a puzzling one though, if Huntly moves off the bottom someone who isn't expecting to hit the bottom will be there. I will go for Leitchville or Mounts neither have shown too much the past couple of years. thoughts?

1. Gitchem-Equal best and consistant player with melington last year
2. Dobson- Getting old no were near the player he was 5 years ago
3. Weekly- played about 50% of capabilitys last year
4. Oliver- Top 3 players in comp easy
5. Bowles- Consistant well skilled player
6. Sawyer- not a chance hes in best top 10
7. Dohnt-good player not as much impact as 2010 season last year
8 Grant- hasn' been any good since since they won elmore won their last premiership
9. Craig- flashes in and out
10. Griffen- best midfielder last year

1 Gitch north
2 Oliver lock
2 McAvale hunt
4 P O'brien colbo
5 Fiske hunt
6 Dobson locky
7 Weekley elmore
8 Condon h/cote
9 Bowles w/hills
10 Young mounts

Ladder

Huntley (give yous the tip now)
Colbo
Heathcote
Locky
Elmore

1 Gitch north
2 Oliver lock
2 McAvale hunt
4 P O'brien colbo
5 Fiske hunt
6 Dobson locky
7 Weekley elmore
8 Condon h/cote
9 Bowles w/hills
10 Young mounts

Ladder

Huntley (give yous the tip now)
Colbo
Heathcote
Locky
Elmore

Gees that totally different to what I'd have, but I guess that's how open the comp is this year.

My top 5 in no order would be:

Locky
Heathcote
Huntly
White Hills
North

Locky to go back to back

Not sure but Mellington is retired so that will take him out of the 2012 season. Carrol in my opininon is not as much of a game breaker as Grant or the others. I think Grant will return to form this year if he can get his Kankle fixed (he played on one leg last year, and he was fat)

I don't really hold the top five in any order but they can all influence games indivdually

How long ago did semmell win a B&F must be a money grabber if he played at the Swans? (or is he coming to play with his mates) Have not heard much about him?

Think you might be living in a time warp cheese

Played just the one year with Shepp Swans and won their B&F. The bloke is a gun, quick, good build and has an awesome leg on him. Will easily be the best midfielder in the league!:thumbsu:

Gees that totally different to what I'd have, but I guess that's how open the comp is this year.

My top 5 in no order would be:

Locky
Heathcote
Huntly
White Hills
North

Locky to go back to back

It will be amazing if Huntly can finish 3rd. I really hope they can. It will be one of the good news stories of country footy I reckon

Would be hard to get Huntly from that far back up to near the top, i know they have done well in the off season, but it takes more than a handfull of players to win a flag. I would of thought that in 23 players you would get maybe 3-5 good players most will be CHOPS. Will be good to see them improve though

They have been too far back for too long to press top 4, they gotta change the attitude aswell as the players

If you look back on the past flag wininers the reserves have nearly always featured also, Huntly will not be able to replace key play makers if they go down with injury, so will start well but when it get cold and shitty half way into the year they will really struggle

too far back for mine, thought White Hills is meant to be the climber

Who is this McAvale, onballer or key pos?

Would be hard to get Huntly from that far back up to near the top, i know they have done well in the off season, but it takes more than a handfull of players to win a flag. I would of thought that in 23 players you would get maybe 3-5 good players most will be CHOPS. Will be good to see them improve though

They have been too far back for too long to press top 4, they gotta change the attitude aswell as the players

If you look back on the past flag wininers the reserves have nearly always featured also, Huntly will not be able to replace key play makers if they go down with injury, so will start well but when it get cold and shitty half way into the year they will really struggle

too far back for mine, thought White Hills is meant to be the climber

Who is this McAvale, onballer or key pos?

You do make a valid point. But I thought last year Huntly appeared to have made a step up by appointing Fiske.
They were a lot more consistent than prior years (consistently competitive that is).

In the games I saw I thought Fiske did a excellent job, he appeared to never stop trying no matter what the score and that wears off on players.

If you chuck a dozen new players, let alone 23 new players into a side. I think you will see a fast attitude change.
Players realise they have to fight for their spot and they just can’t go through the motions knowing they will get a game.

Those teams who were there abouts last year and don’t announce any big recruits, people automatically forgot about. North for me have been accumulating nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back