List Mgmt. GWS Players Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, the Bromance is real! They have barely spent a weekend apart despite no longer living together.

Jokes aside, HH will be fine.

Last edited:

Another year for Keeffe and Lloyd.
This is good for both the club and players as we enter the Kingsley era.
I agree. I took a long time to warm to Keeffe but he has been a good player for us and offers a big senior body in defence. This year coming off the knee really struggled with his power and mobility but that is very typical, he should be better next year.

I love Lloyd, he is tough, always puts his body on the line and is an absolute sharp shooter. He’s one of those fabric guys you don’t pay a lot but they do a good job.

Haven’t heard anything officially yet from the club about Callan Ward extending - but presume it will be coming soon. Great news and happy that one of the inaugural giants (and first goal scorer!) will be continuing for another year!

Hi Guys,

I come in peace.

If we were looking for a purely defensive player who could look after the big full-forwards such as 2 metre Peter or Tom Hawkins would Zach Sproule or Jake Stein be likely to do that job? Noticed you guys delisted them and they have the height we need.

Hi Guys,

I come in peace.

If we were looking for a purely defensive player who could look after the big full-forwards such as 2 metre Peter or Tom Hawkins would Zach Sproule or Jake Stein be likely to do that job? Noticed you guys delisted them and they have the height we need.
Sproule's played for us as a forward so unless you'd want to try him out in defence he's probably not your man, Stein isn't really the type to compete with the big boys, given his background his agility and running is his best strength so he can do a decent job of staying with the more mobile forwards but he's obviously been delisted for a reason he's not really an AFL standard KPD but as depth on a list you could probably do worse

Sproule's played for us as a forward so unless you'd want to try him out in defence he's probably not your man, Stein isn't really the type to compete with the big boys, given his background his agility and running is his best strength so he can do a decent job of staying with the more mobile forwards but he's obviously been delisted for a reason he's not really an AFL standard KPD but as depth on a list you could probably do worse
Thanks Hendo_21

High time those slackers from GWS admin update the website regarding the players.

I know it's hosted by Telstra so the format is out of the Giants' control but someone should be responsible for making sure the info is accurate.

A number of players wanted to leave the club, so they should have been punted from the website the moment their new teams were official.

This club is really peeving me off lately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news regarding XOH - if it's correct.

Just hope AFL.com.au haven't got their wires crossed and confused Ash's contract extension with XOH (the years match) as there's no announcement on the Giants website or Twitter feed.

Would be embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back