Unofficial Preview Round 8 2024 - GWS Giants vs South Melbourne. Sydney Derby XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to figure out what our team looks like if we have all of Cogs, Taylor, Daniels and Greene back into the 22. Going to be tough to be a tough week at the selection table and the ones who miss will be stiff.

B: Taylor, Buckley, Idun
HB: Ash, Himmelberg, Whitfield
C: Callaghan, Green, Wehr
HF: Daniels, Riccardi, Bedford
F: Greene, Hogan, Brown
R: Briggs, Cogs, Kelly
INT: Perryman, Cadman, Thomas, Jones
Sub: Peatling

So Taylor in for Aleer, Greene replaces Peatling (Peatling goes back to sub), Cogs replaces Ward and Daniels in for XOH.

This setup would give us a LOT of pace through the middle of the ground with players like Greene, Daniels and Bedford all rotating through the midfield. Which really suits the way Kingsley wants us to play.

Talking about depth....

Big win in the VFL.

Cumming looked good as he returns from injury, commentator said Haynes had 35 disposals, Fahey 39. Keeffe kicked 4 goals, Gruzewski 3. Madden has enormous potential.

Wasn't it a year or two ago when we were concerned about injuries and players stepping up from the VFL?

Pity the Selection Board this week!

So Taylor in for Aleer, Greene replaces Peatling (Peatling goes back to sub), Cogs replaces Ward and Daniels in for XOH.
I’m not sure both Ward and XO would be dropped as they offer a stronger contested ball game than some of the other options in the midfield rotation. That said, with Cogs back in there may not be room for both.

If that scenario plays out then Wehr might be the unlucky one.

Last edited:
At the moment:

Taylor for Aleer
Coniglio for Peatling who goes to sub, XOH to VFL (bit worried with XOH under pressure and Sth Melb will give plenty)
Greene for Thomas (dropped - don't really want it seen that way - but Jones seems to have more versatility)
Daniels to the I/C

I reserve the right to change my mind multiple times as I have already done so far.

Tuesday's Injury List could throw multiple spanners into the works, though.

EDIT: There should be some sort of prize for the poster who nails the team selected on Game Day.

Wehr could come out. XOH on right wing. Finn on left.
Taylor for Leek.

Idun Taylor Whitfield
Perryman Buckley Ash
XOH Kelly Callaghan
Greene Cadman Brown
Jones Hogan Bedford
Briggs Cogs Green

Ward HH Riccardi Daniels

Peatling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back