GRFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes is very sad remember the days of playing against them with the long gone mighty Appin grasshoppers

Is this the death of the golden rivers
Yep down to seven teams, I don't think anyone has got within 100 points of bully yet, so you'd think they'll try go to the north central again, leaving 6 clubs, not sure you can have a league with 6 clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's kicked some big bags, he'd be a 3 pointer, with macorna not making finals, has he got an offer from over Echuca way, not a great look if it's true for a coach to leave and not show up to a game
Macorna are sitting 5th, one game behind Wandella. Every chance to finish 4th.

Quamby to close up shop at seasons end
Is there a reason for this? I just checked the ladder and they are comfortably sitting 2nd and probably the only contender to upset the Nullawil apple cart. Usually when clubs shut up shop it’s due to numbers and poor on field performances- this doesn’t look to be the case. Can someone fill us in. Cheers

Is there a reason for this? I just checked the ladder and they are comfortably sitting 2nd and probably the only contender to upset the Nullawil apple cart. Usually when clubs shut up shop it’s due to numbers and poor on field performances- this doesn’t look to be the case. Can someone fill us in. Cheers
Poor numbers and I don’t think they have any juniors. It was also mentioned they just don’t have the volunteers to run the club anymore.
Also hearing about the money some of these clubs have been throwing at borderline CMFL senior players and getting knocked back is a really worry.

No juniors, the stress and pressure of trying to consistently raise the required funds to recruit as is needed to stay competitive. Lack of volunteers adds up. It’s unfortunate a merger couldn’t have been negotiated with another club but these are the times we are now in

No juniors, the stress and pressure of trying to consistently raise the required funds to recruit as is needed to stay competitive. Lack of volunteers adds up. It’s unfortunate a merger couldn’t have been negotiated with another club but these are the times we are now in
Good to see them go out on a high though, they'll play finals, great to see Tim free, quambys best local player coach them in their last year

Can someone please post the article says for us interstaters?

What do people think the odds are of the league taking its final bows in a fortnight?

Whether the league disbands or not will decide whether we see as many as 15 clubs looking for a new home in either the Loddon Valley, North Central, Heathcote District, Picola District and Kyabram leagues either during the off-season or in 2024.

What do people think the odds are of the league taking its final bows in a fortnight?

Whether the league disbands or not will decide whether we see as many as 15 clubs looking for a new home in either the Loddon Valley, North Central, Heathcote District, Picola District and Kyabram leagues either during the off-season or in 2024.

Not much talk going on about what the other clubs are planning to do going forward. I would say they will play with 6 clubs next year and that will be the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back