GRFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange take
My understanding is a couple of clubs have minimum payments 200 -300. I'd say a few young kids may not get this if playing up but it's alot of coin for below par players. All the best to them if it's been handed out.
In saying that it's unfortunately what they need to do to get 22 on the park.

My understanding is a couple of clubs have minimum payments 200 -300. I'd say a few young kids may not get this if playing up but it's alot of coin for below par players. All the best to them if it's been handed out.
The worst players at clubs like Yarrawonga are still getting paid that money or more. It’s all relative, it’s a lower standard so lower quality players are taking the money.
There would be players in the Geelong league thinking some players in the Central Murray are ridiculously over paid for the quality they are comparatively too.

If Wade is getting $50,000 at Nully then they could instead pay every reserves player $150 a game and the club would probably be better off too

I'd seriously doubt this, theres no way golden rivers clubs could afford this for 22 players a week. That's 80k a year just on base payments. Let alone paying a coach and players more. I'd be surprised if golden rivers clubs with dwindling volunteers are having their senior footy side pay more than 75k to get out for the season. There's no money in milking cows and there's no large cropping like in the mallee.

The worst players at clubs like Yarrawonga are still getting paid that money or more. It’s all relative, it’s a lower standard so lower quality players are taking the money.
There would be players in the Geelong league thinking some players in the Central Murray are ridiculously over paid for the quality they are comparatively too.

If Wade is getting $50,000 at Nully then they could instead pay every reserves player $150 a game and the club would probably be

Yea your 100% right every club over pays recruits for different reasons, suit structures, key position or just need to fill a team etc. I just wonder how long it can last as the level of some players being "recruited" is not worth the coin.

I'd seriously doubt this, theres no way golden rivers clubs could afford this for 22 players a week. That's 80k a year just on base payments. Let alone paying a coach and players more. I'd be surprised if golden rivers clubs with dwindling volunteers are having their senior footy side pay more than 75k to get out for the season. There's no money in milking cows and there's no large cropping like in the mallee.

Yea your 100% right every club over pays recruits for different reasons, suit structures, key position or just need to fill a team etc. I just wonder how long it can last as the level of some players being "recruited" is not worth the coin.
I think it's purely to get 22 guys on the park and keep the club going to pay some guys

Still plenty of large cropping around these clubs and it only takes 1 or 2 that don't want to see there kids/grandkids have to travel into cmfl or north Central to watch them play therefore they are keeping clubs alive by paying the dollars.
Which I totally understand and would do the same if I was in that position but they just have to get better recruiting.
Nulli paid overs for a long time and still are with players but they are competitive players so they are at least getting reward for dollars- now merging to create long jeopardy for locals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back