GRFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Old bomber

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No club could compete with how nully could recruit though. In the foreseeable future how do you try and recruit guys, with nully 10 goals better? Who got the closest to nully last year?
Isn't it better off to have an even comp, take nully out of last year and you could throw up 5 clubs that could win it. I reckon hay would have been happy without an additional 7 hours driving
Macorna and Quamby seam to be having a bit of a crack at evening the comp up.

Then go back to the old club delegate system of running comps. What is the point of a board of management
The clubs voted at a meeting to stop Nully leaving. That is why the board knocked them back in the first place.

No club could compete with how nully could recruit though. In the foreseeable future how do you try and recruit guys, with nully 10 goals better? Who got the closest to nully last year?
Isn't it better off to have an even comp, take nully out of last year and you could throw up 5 clubs that could win it. I reckon hay would have been happy without an additional 7 hours driving
Although I’m happy they aren’t going I think it’s a terrible decision to not let them, I actually can’t believe they have been held back from doing so.

All the clubs wanted them to stay, it’s only logical the board is going to back all the clubs they represent (besides Nully)
The fact that they were knocked back from higher up is the problem.

Why have a board is roota point?
In the past the board was proactive, they changed the league's name and moved the grand final to kerang, which weren't that popular with clubs
The appeal was heard by the AFL central vic commission. The Golden river’s league only joined AFL central vic last year. Do you think they could have knocked Nully back so it doesn’t look like they are helping a league that has been with them from the start over a newby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Mellington surely??
Lol no, not that good, I think the names Murray, kicked some big bags in the Hume league, if he's fit he should kick a ton. Notice quamby picked up an ex tac cup player from St Arnaud as well, there's a few ex tac cup mid to early 20 year Olds coming into the league, which is good for the league

Who would be quambies best ever player be? Did Jim Wallis play there much after the saints?
During my time, you'd have emu Lloyd, Cossar, Tim free, Brendan Lowther, jack fitcher, Clough, Thiess and Russ Gillingham

Who would be quambies best ever player be? Did Jim Wallis play there much after the saints?
During my time, you'd have emu Lloyd, Cossar, Tim free, Brendan Lowther, jack fitcher, Clough, Thiess and Russ Gillingham
Would have to be the great Jim Wallis, 39 games at St. Kilda too, before my time but anyone who played against him would tell you what a player he was (champion bloke as well).

Last edited:
Better not leave the Ritchie brothers off this list either, Bull & Snibs especially, could have all played at a much higher level!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back