Government Arseclown Tim Wilson

Remove this Banner Ad

This flog is going around for another turn. You couldn't make this up:

“Can I be brutally honest? I think defeat was a gift the community gave me,” he said in an interview.

”Because since my teenage years I have been a man in a hurry trying to make up for lost time, which I had lost … over the trauma of coming to terms with my sexuality when I felt trapped.

“I think people could see I was in a hurry. And then thought, probably, I needed to be humbled. And part of me thinks they were right.”

Isn't this the flog who was wrestling ANZAC Day wreathes of community members after he was voted out?

"Humbled" indeed...

you reckon he still wishes he wasn’t gay?

Say what you want about Tim he is a really nice guy in person, always up for a chat (especially about footy - loves the dees) in the community and was always out in the community.

His replacement Zoe Daniels seems to have been voted in and disappeared. Never see or hear from her at all. Big issue for me was car parking at the train stations, she let that get scrapped straight away with no outcomes. More training facilities/netball courts for girls (I have two girls) and Zoe has no interest in pushing the government for funding. A lot of facilities being updated in our area with extra change rooms for women are a legacy of Tim pushing for this.

Another is the crime issue in the area, the police station pretty much only operating at business hours. Yes this is more of a state issue but we all know Dan and his Labour crew think there is no crime issues anywhere. Then yesterday a murder 500 metres from home during the day happens. This is a notorious spot that everyone knows there is government housing which is causing crime issues, still nothing from Zoe.

Say what you want about Tim he is a really nice guy in person, always up for a chat (especially about footy - loves the dees) in the community and was always out in the community.

His replacement Zoe Daniels seems to have been voted in and disappeared. Never see or hear from her at all. Big issue for me was car parking at the train stations, she let that get scrapped straight away with no outcomes. More training facilities/netball courts for girls (I have two girls) and Zoe has no interest in pushing the government for funding. A lot of facilities being updated in our area with extra change rooms for women are a legacy of Tim pushing for this.

Another is the crime issue in the area, the police station pretty much only operating at business hours. Yes this is more of a state issue but we all know Dan and his Labour crew think there is no crime issues anywhere. Then yesterday a murder 500 metres from home during the day happens. This is a notorious spot that everyone knows there is government housing which is causing crime issues, still nothing from Zoe.
Shouldn't Tim have sorted all of that when he had 9 years to do it?

Or was a nice chat all he was good for?

(I have two girls)
Nice try Tim but you don't have any children. ;)

Another is the crime issue in the area, the police station pretty much only operating at business hours.

Then yesterday a murder 500 metres from home during the day happens

Not seeing the issue here.

1/ The Police can't do anything about a murder till after it happens (Minority Report was a good movie but it also clearly highlighted some of the issues with doing so)
2/ During the day falls neatly into business hours.
3/ Law & Order apart from being extremely long lived police procedural and court room TV franchise (and quite a good one) is a State Government responsibility.

Last edited:
LOL I meant precedent of other publicly known individuals talking themselves up on BigFooty.
You can speculate all you like, but I will not betray Clayton Oliver's confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. Crime in Kooyong/Malvern? Not the hottest of issues I wouldn't have though.

The previous government had 3 years to address it's station car park policy (and it's policy to remove the Glenferrie Road level crossing) - they didn't so much as call the state government to discuss it.

Keep talking about the independent's inaction though :rolleyes:

think the area in question is in brighton (near or close to nepean hwy)

the state libs tried to make this a local issue at the last election ..... lot of social media cr@p pushed by rebecca judd and endorsed by newbury (who it has to be said was one of the few libs to increase their electoral majority)

then there was this pearler from wendy lovell mp

[/QUOTE]

Interesting that you link Tim's achievements to the sports rorts and car park rorts affairs. No wonder you are not impressed with Daniels anti-corruption agenda nor see any benefit for you and your daughters.

he's an extreme right dingbat. if it's true he's going to get pre-selection without a contest then the lib branches in the electorate are nuts. zoe won not only bc labor voters moved across, but bc centre right liberals wanted to get rid of the waste of space that is wilson. zoe will be rubbing her hands together if the libs trot out this i.p.a refugee.

Been a long time since we had a burner account for a Polly

From The Age:

Stephanie Hunt, a lawyer and former staffer to two foreign ministers, will challenge former MP Tim Wilson for the right to run as the Liberal candidate in the Melbourne seat of Goldstein at the next federal election.

Hunt, a 32-year-old lifelong resident in the area, will start as the underdog but said she was determined to run because “I’ve heard from so many local business owners and residents wanting energetic new candidates with real-world experience”.

“I’m in tune with my community. Locals are saying they want relatable candidates who understand cost-of-living pressures and who can improve outcomes for hardworking Australians and their families,” she said.

“I’m committed to listening to my community, understanding where we need to do better and acting on it to ensure more of us can get ahead.

“It takes major party candidates to advance our interests both locally and globally.”

Hunt was a legal adviser to foreign ministers Julie Bishop and Marise Payne.

Article doesn't indicate whether she's related to Greg Hunt, but with a surname like that it could obviously just be a coincidence.

Also, we need to change the thread title. Could I suggest former IPA & Liberal lacky Tim Wilson? (I might've mentioned prayer rooms, but I doubt that would get through...)

30yo staffer working in the bizarre world of politics ain't real world
Had to be fresh out of Uni to have worked under Julie Bishop tenure as Foreign Minister. Why would you hire a legal advisor straight out of Uni with no (or extremely little) real world legal experience? Also isn't that what the Attorney Generals Office and Government Solicitor is for?

Had to be fresh out of Uni to have worked under Julie Bishop tenure as Foreign Minister. Why would you hire a legal advisor straight out of Uni with no (or extremely little) real world legal experience? Also isn't that what the Attorney Generals Office and Government Solicitor is for?

Work experience, pre-graduation? Maybe she licked Bishop's stamps? (Apologies if that sounds like a euphemism! 😄)

Work experience, pre-graduation? Maybe she licked Bishop's stamps? (Apologies if that sounds like a euphemism! 😄)
LOL would be a bit of stretch to call yourself a legal advisor to Bishop if you were just doing an internship. Also what sort of legal advice could they give that Bishop wouldn't already know? Payne was a career staffer who never used her law degree but Bishop was (albeit much maligned) an experienced lawyer.

LOL would be a bit of stretch to call yourself a legal advisor to Bishop if you were just doing an internship. Also what sort of legal advice could they give that Bishop wouldn't already know? Payne was a career staffer who never used her law degree but Bishop was (albeit much maligned) an experienced lawyer.

Yeah, I agree, was just being facetious. It says "staffer" though, not "adviser". Staffer could be literally anything...

Screenshot_20240105-232117_Chrome.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back