Goulburn Valley FL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the move a bit strange given the league has broadcast via radio for many years.
Especially given the radio audience is very localised and they do compete directly for sponsorship.
If broadcasting competing with the gate and sponsorship , are of concern, does that mean radio broadcasting will cease ?
I may be completely wrong but it appears very political and that many clubs were in favour of the proposal.
Big difference between attending a game to listening to it on the radio. McPherson Media said they were going too help off set costs but getting sponsors? They were going to try and make a shitload and I understand the GVFL stance. Maybe if they had of said 50 percent of Sponsorship revenue will go back in the Clubs Funds it would have got over the line.The concept without considering the financial side of it is great.

Big difference between attending a game to listening to it on the radio. McPherson Media said they were going too help off set costs but getting sponsors? They were going to try and make a shitload and I understand the GVFL stance. Maybe if they had of said 50 percent of Sponsorship revenue will go back in the Clubs Funds it would have got over the line.The concept without considering the financial side of it is great.
Terrific if the league can provide the same service and make money .

Been a fair bit of discussion on this upon other social media .
There appears to be a train of thought that the GVFL paid >$15k for live streaming in 2016 .
Which onefm assumingly were the recipient of sponsorship and IMO they had every right to if it wasn't within any agreement.
However, if the Mcmedia deal was to come at no cost , meant 1 game per round were streamed +footy show , + Interleague ,it is hard to not see it as an absolute bargain for the GVFL.
On face value it would appear a commercial agreement where both parties could be benefactors and mcmedia were copping all the risk.
Looking around twitter it would appear as though onefm have some sought of assurance that they hold all live streaming rights to the GVFL , despite a pay on usage type agreement and acknowledgement that the deal released last year was only for the 2016 season.
If they , Mcmedia, proposed charging the GVFL for the live streaming your suggestion of distribution of advertising revenue may be valid .
However with them not charging and taking all risk I don't see your issue with mcmedia being the financial benefactor of the advertising they assumingly aquire, especially if it is not current GVFL league or club sponsor (s).
Mcmedia , Onefm , GoTafe or any other business do not provide a service or sponsorship without rightfully expecting something in return.
If the figures surrounding 2016 live streaming are true, including the sponsorship gained , the mcmedia deal if charged would be > $100k.
If they were to share 50/50 advertising and off set costs it would mean advertising > $200k which I can't see happening.
Also needs to be kept in mind that sponsors of the league and individual clubs would gain additional exposure which you would expect make their current and future sponsorship arrangements more attractive.
I personally do not see a whole lot of variation to the radio streaming in that the supplier gains the financial benefit from advertisers.
Have heard the GoTafe and Mcmedia sponsorships are collectively worth near $50k a year, be interested if anyone can confirm or deny .
Likewise, it would be interesting what is paid for radio coverage .
Also be very interesting to see how things play out at seasons end and if live streaming is undertaken and at what cost.

Last edited:
Been a fair bit of discussion on this upon other social media .
There appears to be a train of thought that the GVFL paid >$15k for live streaming in 2016 .
Which onefm assumingly were the recipient of sponsorship and IMO they had every right to if it wasn't within any agreement.
However, if the Mcmedia deal was to come at no cost , meant 1 game per round were streamed +footy show , + Interleague ,it is hard to not see it as an absolute bargain for the GVFL.
On face value it would appear a commercial agreement where both parties could be benefactors and mcmedia were copping all the risk.
Looking around twitter it would appear as though onefm have some sought of assurance that they hold all live streaming rights to the GVFL , despite a pay on usage type agreement and acknowledgement that the deal released last year was only for the 2016 season.
If they , Mcmedia, proposed charging the GVFL for the live streaming your suggestion of distribution of advertising revenue may be valid .
However with them not charging and taking all risk I don't see your issue with mcmedia being the financial benefactor of the advertising they assumingly aquire, especially if it is not current GVFL league or club sponsor (s).
Mcmedia , Onefm , GoTafe or any other business do not provide a service or sponsorship without rightfully expecting something in return.
If the figures surrounding 2016 live streaming are true, including the sponsorship gained , the mcmedia deal if charged would be > $100k.
If they were to share 50/50 advertising and off set costs it would mean advertising > $200k which I can't see happening.
Also needs to be kept in mind that sponsors of the league and individual clubs would gain additional exposure which you would expect make their current and future sponsorship arrangements more attractive.
I personally do not see a whole lot of variation to the radio streaming in that the supplier gains the financial benefit from advertisers.
Have heard the GoTafe and Mcmedia sponsorships are collectively worth near $50k a year, be interested if anyone can confirm or deny .
Likewise, it would be interesting what is paid for radio coverage .
Also be very interesting to see how things play out at seasons end and if live streaming is undertaken and at what cost.
Foxys and JRs mob did the games through the year then word was they wanted 3k for the Grand Final then OneFM did it for half I understand but silly gor them to pay at all really. Could of said use our product for a fee then attract your own advertising dollar.

Might need to check you source Doc as you info is not accurate. Foxy's team did the weekly footy show at no charge to the league. They did a few night games where the cost was covered by the home club. Come finals time they were told they had to put up a proposal for the finals which they did. It's was considerably less then the OneFm proposal yet never got the nod from the board. These are the facts and there is no doubt that the board got it wrong then and have got it wrong now. Time for the clubs to actually take control of their league again.

Hawthorn Premiership player in 2015...no other than Matthew Spangher..thats massive!
Huge pickup for the Dee's and he will be great for the young group of talented young footballers they have coming through. They still need a couple more to be super competitive but they are tracking ok.

Might need to check you source Doc as you info is not accurate. Foxy's team did the weekly footy show at no charge to the league. They did a few night games where the cost was covered by the home club. Come finals time they were told they had to put up a proposal for the finals which they did. It's was considerably less then the OneFm proposal yet never got the nod from the board. These are the facts and there is no doubt that the board got it wrong then and have got it wrong now. Time for the clubs to actually take control of their league again.
Find it hard to believe they would ditch the supplier who wanted far less. The source was close to the action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge pickup for the Dee's and he will be great for the young group of talented young footballers they have coming through. They still need a couple more to be super competitive but they are tracking ok.
Would it be a fair call to say scribe that they have the 2 best big men in the Gvl to build a very competitive side around??

Find it hard to believe they would ditch the supplier who wanted far less. The source was close to the action.
If the finals were to be supplied in 2016, by the mob who had previously done the streamlining , Jr , fox and co , it would have been at absolutely no cost to the GVFL or any club.
JR , Fox or any other callers were to receive the same payment they got for previous streaming and the footy show.
A non league and club sponsor was to cover all cameraman and streaming costs.
Not sure how anyone could charge yet do it for half of the zero ?

Last edited:
Would it be a fair call to say scribe that they have the 2 best big men in the Gvl to build a very competitive side around??
No doubts, not often you get two quality players with that much AFL experience at the same time. If they both stay healthy and play most of the year the Dee's will play finals. They have a number of ex players returning who will be handy and gave also picked up a couple of quality boys locally. They will be big improves in 2017 and ift Hey keep all their young guns they will be a force for the next 3 or 4 years.

No doubts, not often you get two quality players with that much AFL experience at the same time. If they both stay healthy and play most of the year the Dee's will play finals. They have a number of ex players returning who will be handy and gave also picked up a couple of quality boys locally. They will be big improves in 2017 and ift Hey keep all their young guns they will be a force for the next 3 or 4 years.

Looks like a season where if you drop a game you shouldn't it will have huge consequences

Looks like a season where if you drop a game you shouldn't it will have huge consequences
Will be a real tough year with all sides improving their squads. Hard to pick who might be the bottom 4 sides this year. High priority to win the early games so the draw may actually prove vital to some sides. Shaping up as one of the most competitive seasons for some time.

Ve
Will be a real tough year with all sides improving their squads. Hard to pick who might be the bottom 4 sides this year. High priority to win the early games so the draw may actually prove vital to some sides. Shaping up as one of the most competitive seasons for some time.

Very tricky. Be interested to hear some early predictions with regards to the ladder given what we know. Haven't heard much out of a few clubs so we can only judge on what we know thus far:

Kyabram
Shepparton
Euroa
Echuca
Rochester
Mansfield
Benalla
Shepp Swans
Mooroopna

I think you are correct Scribe. Probably 11 sides with legitimate finals aspirations.
(sic) Forgot it was a top 5 in 2017.

Last edited:
Ve

Very tricky. Be interested to hear some early predictions with regards to the ladder given what we know. Haven't heard much out of a few clubs so we can only judge on what we know thus far:

Kyabram
Shepparton
Euroa
Echuca
Rochester
Seymour
-------------
Tatura
Shepp United
Mansfield
Benalla
Shepp Swans
Mooroopna

I think you are correct Scribe. Probably 11 sides with legitimate finals aspirations.

Gee it looks funny with the likes of Benalla and swans sitting that low. But with everyone else picking up its probably not to far off the mark. All though I reckon they'll both finish above Mansfield. Well benalla anyway I reckon. with there good crop of jnrs coming through

I reckon that's not to far off the mark tongue!

Ve

Kyabram
Shepparton
Euroa
Echuca
Rochester
Seymour
-------------
Tatura
Shepp United
Mansfield
Benalla
Shepp Swans
Mooroopna

I think you have lost the plot Silver. This ladder is surly taking the piss.

Pretty tough to try and predict the final ladder this far out as you said Silver Tongue but it's worth a crack. I've placed Euroa and Tatura high as they have recruited quality players who will easil play GVFL standard. I've marked Bears down on the basis that they may loose Wong and will again be relying on kids to carry a big load. The sides taking 4th through to 11.th can all make a spot in final 5 and it will be close. Swans drop down based on losing a number of experienced players and they will be redeveloping this year with a younger group but they may surprise if they win early games. Pick the bones out of this.

Kyabram
Euroa
Tatura
Benalla
Shepparton
--------------
Echuca
Rochester
Swans
Mansfield
United
Seymour
Mooroopna

I think you have lost the plot Silver. This ladder is surly taking the piss.

Ha ha Space Jam. I say that 4th to 11th are pretty much interchangeable.

Don"t sweat it ... your Saints might sneak into 5th based upon their youth as most of the 2014 premiership side are now elsewhere aren't they?

I have based my ladder simply on known 'Ins and outs' ... Benalla might have loads of 'ins' I don't know about...

No plot lost here Space. Just looking to create a conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back