Goulburn Valley FL - 2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why you have questioned the integrity of the departing players there Woody! From what I'm hearing their decision to move on had nothing to do with the coaching appointment, it was purely based on one players anti-social behaviour and selfish actions on game day. Something no one seems to want to comment on!

Given that all your posts regard Tatura Roy maybe you can comment and fill us in

Hearing reports that Mooroopna are having a massive clean out of players not living upto expectations, a couple have already been axed or had massive pay cuts, much overdue over there!
Also reports Simon Russle former young gun, Kaine Greening Congupna BnF winner and former club gun Ash Hockey have commited to club, good to see them getting there local talent back

Simon Russell is a good player. From memory, he was in QLD? I remember him playing in 2006. Is he back at the Cats for the first time since '06 or did he play a few years back?

Simon Russle played a few games there Grand Final year but was back and forward from QLD than!
Woody I think you will find its players like Dan Collyer etc who are off field distractions that might be on the chopping block, sticking firm on a plan at club I'm hearing. Darwin boys are gone, they know that was a bad decision. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Appears that the Echuca to Bendigo league talk is gathering a bit of momentum! Would be a big loss for the GVFL if it happens in 2015. Article in the Bendigo Advertiser!
Won't be saving on travel. Echuca to Castlemaine, Kyneton and Maryborough are all the same or further than Echuca to Benalla. The only saving being the trip to Mansfield. Factor in that the closest away games are in Bendigo and there's going to be a lot more time spent on the road. Can't understand why they'd think the BFL would treat them any better than the GVFL. The BFL has a history of teams merging and folding over the past thirty years.

Given that all your posts regard Tatura Roy maybe you can comment and fill us in
I don't have any reason to comment on any other clubs as I'm not familiar with the league, I was purely searching for more info as to why these quality players are on the market in Melbourne. Our club is definitely happy to be in the mix for their services in 2014, couldn't imagine Tatura would be to happy to see them move on after just one season and given the circumstances.

Would Rory Kirkby be a chance for the echuca job...
I wouldnt think so HTP as he is settled at Glenelg and been a super player for them! Ladson was one rumour doing the rounds but they need to appoint someone quickly as the recruiting season is in full swing and its hard to sign players if they dont know who the coach is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt think so HTP as he is settled at Glenelg and been a super player for them! Ladson was one rumour doing the rounds but they need to appoint someone quickly as the recruiting season is in full swing and its hard to sign players if they dont know who the coach is.

Ladson's going to Elmore apparently.

What do you think about Echuca going to the BFL mate? The BFL has lost half of its 2013 interleague side with a lot of players leaving the league, so the standard may drop. I just don't understand why Echuca doesn't want to play in the best league available to them.

Ladson's going to Elmore apparently.

What do you think about Echuca going to the BFL mate? The BFL has lost half of its 2013 interleague side with a lot of players leaving the league, so the standard may drop. I just don't understand why Echuca doesn't want to play in the best league available to them.

Personally like to see them stay in the GVFL:
Better standard
Lose some of your stability if you change and how relevant does the GV history become down the track?
Travel not a factor
Better facilities
Be harder to recruit
What happens to the junior structure?
Not sure that there's much to be gained and really the standard of the Bendigo league would be similar to the Murray league at present (some of their best players leaving league) so that then gives Moama and United more clout with recruiting.

Believe a new coach is on board..will do a good job. Last at club in 2010/11.

Personally like to see them stay in the GVFL:
Better standard
Lose some of your stability if you change and how relevant does the GV history become down the track?
Travel not a factor
Better facilities
Be harder to recruit
What happens to the junior structure?
Not sure that there's much to be gained and really the standard of the Bendigo league would be similar to the Murray league at present (some of their best players leaving league) so that then gives Moama and United more clout with recruiting.

Believe a new coach is on board..will do a good job. Last at club in 2010/11.

Andrew Briggs?

Guerra still on the radar to play at the Bombers you think Ringo? the talk was that they couldn't met his demands for a Coaching fee but Im unsure of the accuracy on that.

Guerra still on the radar to play at the Bombers you think Ringo? the talk was that they couldn't met his demands for a Coaching fee but Im unsure of the accuracy on that.
Not sure he would be mate..would want big coin I'd imagine. The good news is that Andrew Briggs has been appointed coach for 2014/2015 and will be a great coach IMO! Will get things back on track and hopefully return the club to Finals during his reign.

Any news as to who else the Bears have gained/regained for 2014? Heard Xav Stevenson, Will Patone and Ryan Pfeiffer are all going back? Any rumours as to who else?

Ringo are you surprised about the Echuca President indicated they don't have the cash to have a serious crack atm? Would have thought the ability to pull sponsorship and support in general around Echuca would have been high even with Echuca United going well at the moment. Would you be expecting Archard to be back playing a bit of fair dinkum footy under Briggs or move on?

Ringo are you surprised about the Echuca President indicated they don't have the cash to have a serious crack atm? Would have thought the ability to pull sponsorship and support in general around Echuca would have been high even with Echuca United going well at the moment. Would you be expecting Archard to be back playing a bit of fair dinkum footy under Briggs or move on?

Not sure of the finances but the reality is that the club doesn't usually spend up that much anyhow, even back in 2010, 11 we had a number of locals playing for less than they were worth. As a town, it has slowed down a bit as well. I'm sure the club is getting itself into a good position as Brett Stevens is a super operator! Andrew Briggs is an excellent choice as a coach, a ripping person and sound knowledge of the game. Would expect Rhys to stay but he would be nearing 30 now so you never know. Brett Stevens and Andrew Briggs will help rebuild the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back